Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 05:39 PM
CAT POwer
My Feedback: (61)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Old 04-24-2010, 05:59 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should, didn't you used to have a really cool avatar that was really distracting??
Old 04-24-2010, 06:22 PM
grønnskolling

Its a Reichard Proxima II, with 4 servos in the wing, all assign to independent channels. Because of the motor its programed in the acro menu. Until now I have butterfly on a switch (and it works well). I did hope thow, that I could have it on slider, so I could adjust it in flight. Now I only can adjust th flaps on left slider¨.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:39 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

I have to confess that I have REPEATED a pretty significant - and STUPID - "Operator Error" dealing with how the A9 walks you through SELECTING a different model. I have two helis programmed, in position 6 and 7 in the memory. TWICE I have walked through the menus to properly select the desired model, and when I get to the "Select xxxx 'Yes/No'?", I have pressed **NO** twice, thinking it was the alert for the RF "Transmission" buttons.

Both times it has been a disaster, and not without property damage and personal injury. I am absolutely sure that it is my own dumb fault, and confusion interpreting the questions....maybe it's early onset Alzheimers', I don't know.

Regardless, it is a real bummer for me, and the grief of major repairs to two helis, and all the other stuff, well, it has really made me seriously question my own ability to operate a radio.

These were totally STUPID mistakes, the system prompted me as it is designed to do, and it worked flawlessly, it is no ones' fault but mine.

I post this only to serve as a very important safety WARNING- when you are changing models, don't "misread" the "Select model question". It cost me a bunch - TWICE.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Bob Pastorello

I have to confess that I have REPEATED a pretty significant - and STUPID - ''Operator Error'' dealing with how the A9 walks you through SELECTING a different model. I have two helis programmed, in position 6 and 7 in the memory. TWICE I have walked through the menus to properly select the desired model, and when I get to the ''Select xxxx 'Yes/No' ?'', I have pressed **NO** twice, thinking it was the alert for the RF ''Transmission'' buttons.

Both times it has been a disaster, and not without property damage and personal injury. I am absolutely sure that it is my own dumb fault, and confusion interpreting the questions....maybe it's early onset Alzheimers', I don't know.

Regardless, it is a real bummer for me, and the grief of major repairs to two helis, and all the other stuff, well, it has really made me seriously question my own ability to operate a radio.

These were totally STUPID mistakes, the system prompted me as it is designed to do, and it worked flawlessly, it is no ones' fault but mine.

I post this only to serve as a very important safety WARNING - when you are changing models, don't ''misread'' the ''Select model question''. It cost me a bunch - TWICE.
Hi

Don,t be so hard on youre self , I believe I know exactly how you feel , you explained it well . For my part , when I make that , STUPID , mistake , I push an internal , RESET . We,er only human .

Michel
Old 04-25-2010, 05:25 PM
AJsToyz

Bob,

It just happens, been there done that. I had my Stick set up, switched my radio to the Stick , I thought I did. Went and did the walk through, controls looked good but it turns out my Yak and Stick had every thing in common but the throttle. I could not figure for the life of me why the engine would not start. I pulled out the electric starter after flipping wouldn't cut it and BAM! A Saito 72 full throttle into my flight box. I got lucky, all digits accounted for and only broke my prop.

Maybe you can rename one of the Heli to something so different it would be harder to mistake?

The strange thing is, I don't know how I got in this habit but it sounds like a good one. When it asks to transmit I tell it no. I look over the Tx again to make sure I'm ready then hit radio icon to arm the Transmitter then turn on the plane.

Andy

Old 04-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Andy - that is a GREAT suggestion, and may actually make this "fool proof"....you have a great point.If it ain't transmitting, there isn't any way to do what I did. THANKS! I will start making that my habit.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:41 AM
AJsToyz

Bob,

I know it makes it Andy proof! I admit the "MM" on my old radio made me a little lazy.

I hope it helps!

Andy
Old 04-26-2010, 03:02 PM
tankengine

Hey guys, I know its it here somewhere but I don't know how to find the post about the neck strap adapter balancer hickey. Where can I get one?

Thanks,

Tankengine
Old 04-26-2010, 03:12 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: tankengine Hey guys, I know its it here somewhere but I don't know how to find the post about the neck strap adapter balancer hickey. Where can I get one? Thanks, Tankengine
Aurora A9 - Balance with Neck Strap"#55843 Transmitter Weight Balancer". Provides best Neck Strap Balance position for Hitec 2.4Ghz Transmitters - available May 2010
as per
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {frequently updated}

The nice red alloy Hitec unit, due on USA shelves May 2010,is not only great with neck strap, by grasping the neckof thebalancer with thumb and forefinger,it is also a convenientway ofupliftingTXfrom alaid down position.

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mj24414.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1425788  
Attached Images   
Old 04-26-2010, 05:37 PM
GizmoMadMax

Hey folks, I am showing off my shinny new A9 just in last thurs....
Well, the r/c buds are curious, so I am basically showing it off and being a propaganda and marketing hand for Hitec, who'd da' thunk'?

So, one gents question is this.. can it do the following (if So, I've sold one for hitec - hey, but wait, where is my commission [] )

Flaperon's? - Mix Elevator to Flaps on a switch?
2 servo'w in the wing

mix up elevator to down flap
mx down elec to up flap

Can he mix this in a switch, so he can turn this mixing on and off by a switch at will?

So I think you state it another way: NOT a Delta mix on channels 1 & 2, BUT Ail & flap of channels 1 & 6 ? (not sure don't quote me, but the elv & flap mix above) ?

Thank you on his behalf
Spreading the wealth R/C style (not obama style... sorry, couldn't resist some good free speech humor )

Cheers
Old 04-26-2010, 07:44 PM
JIMF14D

Yes, easy. See page 100 of the manual.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:22 PM
WILDCRASHWILLY

YaHoo!

I sent the 2 rx coupon in the first week of March and got them today. This is great. Now I need to purchase about five more. Hope they come out with a qty deal real soon.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:51 PM
Chancho

Andy,

Thanks for the tip;"Turn the transmitter on and choose not to transmit, thenpressing the radio icon to activate the transmit menu."Iwas unaware or missed it in the manual that you could do that. I'd always reset the power to get back to that screen. Works good and I like the idea to do this in practice so as not to accidentally swap models.AndIdid just that on my 6EXa few weeks back.I had my elevator reversed on full power take off. Luckily not too much damage and it was only a ragged trainer. "Sorry about your helicoptersBob." But now transitioning more planes with the availability ofmore receiverstothe Aurora it's something I don't want to do, period.

Today I got my rebate receivers in."What a relief!" Thanks Hitec... It's been a frustrating wait for the radio and then the rebate receivers. It was totally worth it. Ahhhhhh....

Just love this radio so far and am looking forward to setting up more planes in the radio. The only thing I have left to do is the switch mod....

Happy flying...
Old 04-27-2010, 07:15 AM
JIMF14D

OK folks, I have made a searchable pdf version of the Aurora 9 manual. I don't know how to post or upload files here but I did send it to HitecRCD support so maybe they will post it on their web site.

Makes finding things a simple 1 second task.

Jim D

By the way, I made it with a trial version of Aquaforest  Autobahn DX 2.2 software which  you can download from the web. Once you install it you can use the function OCR IMAGE ONLY PDF. to take the HitecRCD manual pdf download and convert it. Save it with a new file name though.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:30 AM
craigteffe
My Feedback: (24)

Mike, I have a suggestion or question can one of the Timer functionsbe madeso that the timer is retentiveholds its value even though the radio is turned off for each model so we have a way of knowing how much time we have on a specific model.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:52 AM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: craigteffe

Mike, I have a suggestion or question can one of the Timer functions be made so that the timer is retentiveholds its value even though the radio is turned off for each model so we have a way of knowing how much time we have on a specific model.
I like this one.

Greg
Old 04-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Michel

ORIGINAL: OldRookie

ORIGINAL: craigteffe

Mike, I have a suggestion or question can one of the Timer functions be made so that the timer is retentiveholds its value even though the radio is turned off for each model so we have a way of knowing how much time we have on a specific model.
I like this one.

Greg
Hi

Me TWO, ................................. put it in the wish list . I think this is a great idea .

Michel
Old 04-27-2010, 05:59 PM
JIMF14D

My planes usually go to RC heaven before I go beyond counting on my finges and toes.....
Old 04-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Michel

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

My planes usually go to RC heaven before I go beyond counting on my finges and toes.....
They ALL have a hidden ex piracy date ,..............

Michel
Old 04-27-2010, 08:19 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

what does "OV" mean-this is what is on the display of Aurora in another forum-thanks
Old 04-27-2010, 11:01 PM
boothg-3

got my recievers from hitec today on the coupon deal
they showed i ordered march 20
Old 04-28-2010, 03:08 AM
ss40

ORIGINAL: PLANE JIM

what does ''OV'' mean-this is what is on the display of Aurora in another forum-thanks
Over voltage? 0 voltage?

Go to an official Hitec sponsored forum and ask. The we will find out!
Old 04-28-2010, 03:48 AM
ss40

ORIGINAL: JIMF14D

OK folks, I have made a searchable pdf version of the Aurora 9 manual. I don't know how to post or upload files here but I did send it to HitecRCD support so maybe they will post it on their web site.

Makes finding things a simple 1 second task.

Jim D

By the way, I made it with a trial version of Aquaforest Autobahn DX 2.2 software which you can download from the web. Once you install it you can use the function OCR IMAGE ONLY PDF. to take the HitecRCD manual pdf download and convert it. Save it with a new file name though.

Thanks...worked great for me. Mine is now searchable!
Old 04-28-2010, 07:03 AM
JIMF14D

Itried to upload searchable manual here but it is too big (49MB) I guess. It times out after a minute or two......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.