Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Associated RC8Te Official Thread

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Associated RC8Te Official Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 06:32 PM
j-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Associated RC8Te Official Thread

Thanks... the pics look really good lol! The "glow" on em ain't near as good in person because my airbrush doesn't mist as fine as some of the higher end shooters but I'm still pretty proud of it. Probly my best work yet. I wish I'd have gotten some shots outside before I raced it saterday to send in to RC Driver. I didn't scuff it up too bad though so when i get it cleaned up I'll see if I can get it in. Thanks again for the compliments.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:18 PM
TRXRUSTLER
My Feedback: (7)

Here is my RC8TE, I am saving up for a MMM 2200kv system.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kh17844.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	1412679  
Old 04-26-2010, 08:46 PM
rezac

I picked up a used RC8TE from a friend with the Mamba Monster 2200kv on it. I dropped in the JR 8711 for the steering, that was a huge upgrade over what was in there, some Blue Bird one that was horrible. This is such an impressive Truggy, I kind of want to trade in my fifth scales on another charger or two and a lot more battery packs lol. I love this thing. I want to race it but I am not sure where around here. I will clean it up and get pictures of it in the near future.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:29 AM
j-boy

I really like mine just haven't had the time to wheel it much so far this season.

Whats everybody using for batteries? I need to get some that are much lighter and smaller than the 10,000's Im using from TrueRC. They are great batts and they were perfect for my erevo but they are just too big and heavy for the 8. I've been shopping and researching for months now and am still not sure where the best deal is.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:48 AM
rezac

I run turnigy 4000 and 5000 4s packs and turnigy 5000 6s packs
Old 09-06-2011, 09:54 PM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

im thinkin of getting one but i also like the rc8be..how many minutes do you get from 4s1p 5000mah lipo?
Old 09-07-2011, 06:00 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: j-boy

I really like mine just haven't had the time to wheel it much so far this season.

Whats everybody using for batteries? I need to get some that are much lighter and smaller than the 10,000's Im using from TrueRC. They are great batts and they were perfect for my erevo but they are just too big and heavy for the 8. I've been shopping and researching for months now and am still not sure where the best deal is.
It's better to use multiple smaller packs (ie for 4s use 2x2s, and for 6s use 2x3s) This is because the packs are of standardised sizes and will be useful in a wide variety of models. A 4s, 5s or 6s battery are only really usable in 8th scalers.

I use the flightmax hobbyking batteries, been very good for me. I only use 5000mah 2 and 3s. It's worth trying to keep all batteries the same mAh, as then you can mix and match them. For example, if I want 4s I run 2x2s 5000. If I want 5s, I run a 2s and a 3s. If the batteries were different capacities, I would not be able to do this.
Old 09-07-2011, 10:27 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

how many minutes do they lasts?and do you still need BEC for a system like mamba or tekin if you run 4s lipos?i remember i burnt my mtroniks esc when i connected it to my battery without bec.then i was told i need bec.so i did it for my quark esc.i forgot whats bec for?
Old 09-22-2011, 03:42 AM
mmurray70

Says on the associated site now that this model is disscontinued? Will there be another one? Are there any other electric truggys?