Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL TRAXXAS SLAYER OWNERS THREAD

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

OFFICIAL TRAXXAS SLAYER OWNERS THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 06:52 AM
f0rmula_2001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL TRAXXAS SLAYER OWNERS THREAD

ORIGINAL: ktoomracer_436

Okay so I'll do one hitec servo. The throttle servo I bought today is hitec the guy said it's faster and the last one I will but for this truck. Is a reciever pack an additional part for the servo? Thanks a lot for the help!!!
A receiver pack is a rechargeable battery pack that goes in place of the 4 AA batteries. It is a 6v pack rather than 4.8v that the 4 AAs puts out, so your servos are faster. You will need a new on off switch with a charger lead and an adapter for your battery charger. There is a little spot for the charger plug on the the receiver box towards the inside of the truck from the switch. it should have a little rubber flap on it.
Old 05-02-2010, 08:37 AM
slayer76

hey davecal1     did you ever get your slayer lined out?
Old 05-02-2010, 09:18 AM
ktoomracer_436

I'll have to look into doin a reciever pack then.. For now I shouldn't even buy the steering servo today but I can't help it haha.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:34 AM
davecal1

Slayer76, my bust the battery wasn't fully charged. So yesterday, I tried it again, only it would start and die, remember this is a newly broken in engine.Played with the LSN but nothing seemed to work. It was scorching outside too. So, after getting ready to stomp on it I put it away. Kind of when I first started flying airplanes, somethimes I thought it would be better to sit in my back yard have a few beers and stomp on the plane. Then I remembered after the last time I ran it, I cleaned the air filter and totaly smothered it with oil. My thought is that Iput way too much oil on it so the engine was not breathing. I washed it and I'll try it in about an hour or so. Hope that was the problem because it was running great last time out.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:07 PM
ktoomracer_436

So I stripped the spur gear today and decided to go bigger since I don't really need so much top speed. What's the biggest you guys have gone? I believe the guy at the hobby shop sold me a 40 tooth... Once I mounted everything up though it wouldn't turn because it was rubbing the chassis. What size spur gear do you recommend?

Oh and I went to a track today had a blast!! Put my slayer through hell ( noobie tryin to go big) and at the end of the day just had a cracked up body and stripped spur gear.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:06 AM
bigcam406

just noticed that the slayer is tempoarily out of production.anyone have any more info on this? wondering if there will be any new improvements.thx
Old 05-04-2010, 06:43 AM
ktoomracer_436

The hobby shop I bought mine from said they are just coming out with a new kit but
the
only difference is it will come with a starter battery and charger. Don't know how true that is. Should be out this month too
Old 05-04-2010, 07:13 AM
f0rmula_2001

ORIGINAL: ktoomracer_436

The hobby shop I bought mine from said they are just coming out with a new kit but
the
only difference is it will come with a starter battery and charger. Don't know how true that is. Should be out this month too
I think they are putting the 2.4ghz radio with it too.

On the 40tooth spur, I ran mine with a 15 tooth clutch bell. And I had room to go to a 16 at least. Steve Slayens uses a 40/15 combo too.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:30 AM
davecal1

This from RC Planet.com
1/10 scale Traxxas Slash 4x4 Ultimate Short Course Racing Truck. Installed Platinum Accessories Include; Blue anodized aluminum C-Hubs Blue anodized aluminum Steering Blocks Blue anodized aluminum Rear Hub Carriers Blue anodized aluminum Axle Nuts Hard anodized teflon coated Big Bore Shocks with titanium nitride shafts Front and rear Swaybars with extra stiff Swaybar Set S1 compound officially licensed BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A Tires Sealed silicone filled Center Diff (installs trackside in just minutes replacing the torque control slipper)

Old 05-04-2010, 10:07 AM
f0rmula_2001

ORIGINAL: davecal1

This from RC Planet.com
1/10 scale Traxxas Slash 4x4 Ultimate Short Course Racing Truck. Installed Platinum Accessories Include; Blue anodized aluminum C-Hubs Blue anodized aluminum Steering Blocks Blue anodized aluminum Rear Hub Carriers Blue anodized aluminum Axle Nuts Hard anodized teflon coated Big Bore Shocks with titanium nitride shafts Front and rear Swaybars with extra stiff Swaybar Set S1 compound officially licensed BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A Tires Sealed silicone filled Center Diff (installs trackside in just minutes replacing the torque control slipper)
[img][/img]

I dont know what that is in reply to...but its is about the Slash 4x4 Ultimate.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:49 AM
davecal1

OOPs
Old 05-04-2010, 06:30 PM
twohammersoffun

i have used a 40 tooth and a 16 and nothin grubbed but i didnt like it. i like the 38 with a 16 (stock).  but i also tried a wide range tranny and then the 40 was pritty sweet.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:05 PM
ktoomracer_436

Maybe I was doin something wrong but just setting the tranny in it would spin fine then I would push on it and the mire pressure the more it would bind up. 40 tooth might accel too hard for my heavy finger
and noobie drivin skills
Old 05-04-2010, 07:09 PM
f0rmula_2001

I ran the 15/40 with the close ratio and i barely ever hit wide open. I usually only run on a trck though. I just really think anything over 40 in this truck is just too fast. it isnt stable enough unless your on blacktop and going straight.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:45 PM
ktoomracer_436

I wonder what I was doing wrong since all you guys were able to get a 40 tooth on.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:23 PM
ktoomracer_436

Just needed to get the motor set straight all good now. Got a silverado body the other day, just painted it one color but doesn't look too bad.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:50 PM
slayer76

HEY GUYS, THE OWNER OF MY LHS SAID THE SLAYER IS NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION,THERES NOT A BIG DEMAND FOR EM .HE SAID EVERYBODY IS LOOKING MORE INTO ELEC. SHORT COARSE.TELL ME HE IS A LIAR.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:57 PM
ktoomracer_436

So what would it take to get reverse if
that's doable?
Old 05-10-2010, 02:25 AM
CarGuy7a

ORIGINAL: slayer76

HEY GUYS, THE OWNER OF MY LHS SAID THE SLAYER IS NO LONGER IN PRODUCTION,THERES NOT A BIG DEMAND FOR EM .HE SAID EVERYBODY IS LOOKING MORE INTO ELEC. SHORT COARSE.TELL ME HE IS A LIAR.
They still are making them. They are adding their new 2.4ghz radio system that's what the hold up is. They are trying to phase out their old AM TQ radio systems on all their trucks.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:10 AM
twohammersoffun

revevce is doable u need mthe reverce gear from the revo pin and the shirt fork oh yeah a 3 chanel rtransmitter and reciever the micro servo and the linkage
Old 05-24-2010, 07:04 AM
ktoomracer_436

So I got a buddies old springs off his revo and threw them on, talk about stiff! They are the blues and the
silvers. Still would say I like it better than stock. Thinking I might try
the stiffest slayer springs? Also my cooling head fins are
breaking off all over, anyone else having that problem?

Oh and my body always ends up over my front bumper causing some real
big cracks. Any tricks to avoid that?
Old 05-24-2010, 09:52 AM
docJ

So I was out running my slayer yesterday, and all of a sudden, couldn't keep it running with the wheels on the ground. It looks like my "torque converter" for lack of a better term, is hard locked open. Any suggestions on where to start the repair work?

Thanks,
Old 05-24-2010, 08:32 PM
ktoomracer_436

Clutch.. Sounds like you could have broken the spring that's pulls the clutch shoes together when at idle. From what I understand it's very common when it happened to me I bought a couple extras. When you roll it backwards can you hear the loose spring clanking around in there?
Old 05-24-2010, 09:36 PM
docJ

Thanx. Might be a week or two before I can pull it apart. I've been struggling to get it to stand still at an idle for quite a while, if those springs were less than good to begin with, that would make since.

BTW, ktoomracer, check where your front mounting pylons are set at. they can be adjusted downward, that might help keep your body off of your front bumper. The only problem I've heard of with the stiffer springs is rollover. Ihear the swaybar kit really helps with this, it's just another project I haven't gotten to, so can't give you personal experience on that one.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:26 PM
ktoomracer_436

I had to raise
the body mounts up with my new body. Front part of the
body still goes all the way to the bumper mount. Sway bar kit is awesome you gotta do that! Guess I just need to get softer springs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.