Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Engine esc issues

Old 05-09-2010, 04:24 PM
soccerrules

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine esc issues

OK, i bought a tornado EPX pro and took out the entire electronic system and put it in a hpi blitz, everything fit fine but i have way to much power, i tried to tune it down but im gonna end up buying a new less powerful motor. My question is will a differnt motor work with the stock esc, also out of curiosity what brand of motor is the stock motor and what is the esc.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:28 PM
RedCat_Chris

Default RE: Engine esc issues

soccerrules- Any 540 Brushless Sensorless motor not exceeding 5000kv will work with that ESC
Old 05-10-2010, 04:07 PM
soccerrules

Ok thanks! one more question the 3 wires from the esc are differnt colors than the new engine wire colors and im afraid that it will fry it if i guess wrong the first time.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Chizzler

Not possible to fry it from connecting the wires wrong. If you connect the wires and the motor turns the wrong direction. Switch any of the 2 wires, or change the direction switch on the transmitter. Either option will change the direction the motor turns.

-Chizz

Old 05-13-2010, 08:42 PM
soccerrules

Ok, i went and got a brushless Novak 13.5 motor will it work? I only ask because the sensor wire (if thats the right name for it) dosnt have a place to go on the esc
Old 05-14-2010, 11:20 AM
RedCat_Chris

soccerrules- that motor will not work as it is designed to be ran with a sensored ESC which the Tornado doesn't have.