Community
Search
Notices
RC Giant Scale Cars For all those who love driving large scale rc cars share your projects or ask questions here.

is this new from hsp?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 03:47 PM
sahoo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: is this new from hsp?

Lol, i was thinking Redcat design the buggy and have HSP make them. isn't that the case?
Old 05-07-2010, 04:09 PM
Obeast44

The Rampage is an HSP design, it is purchased by Redcat with their decals, paint schemes, and other various options. Several companies buy from HSP and rebadge them with their own brands.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:22 PM
bentley marshall

that still dont make the river hobby car a redcat
Old 05-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Obeast44

Keep tellin yourself thats a Riverhobby car, all you want. That car has HSP written all over it. If your too blind to see, so be it.
Old 05-07-2010, 05:47 PM
bentley marshall

lol what ever
Old 05-07-2010, 08:25 PM
jigawatt

I'm glad I kept my rampage... the body is what sucks. It's been a stout machine. V1 and still running strong.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:16 PM
csp1971

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm probably one of the few that likes the TT body. Reminds me of some of the old 80's Tamiya bodies like the Thundershot.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:35 AM
mikeinoz

ORIGINAL: Obeast44

Keep tellin yourself thats a Riverhobby car, all you want. That car has HSP written all over it. If your too blind to see, so be it.
erm, its a River Hobby car http://www.riverhobby.com/en/productshow.asp?id=217 not sure whats so hard to understand about that. They have copied the MCD design as it is well proven and hence copied by HSP, FS and probably others in the future.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:44 AM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

At least thats cleared up.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:45 AM
Ron E

ORIGINAL: RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Nice Rob, Riverhobbyhopups...

time will tell who makes this thing and who rebadges it??????
Old 05-10-2010, 02:02 PM
jigawatt

Definitely interested to see what becomes of the buggy. Can't wait to see the Elcon Cleon MMX and what it can do too... looks like companies are using the tried and true 1/8 scale buggy platform more and more!
Old 05-11-2010, 06:41 PM
sahoo

is this buggy made by integy? i hit Riverhobbyhopup.com and it went to integy's site
Old 05-11-2010, 07:06 PM
bbuzzard
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: sahoo

is this buggy made by integy? i hit Riverhobbyhopup.com and it went to integy's site
You must have a clone browser...

Old 05-11-2010, 07:08 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

There is only one of these HSP buggies in the USA, and its not being copied by Integy. Just having some fun with the trolls.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:37 PM
SAVAGEJIM

There is nothing in the Riverhobby page that goes to Integy.

As for this buggy you are trying to stir up so much about, what specific questions do you have about this model? The Riverhobby page pretty much spells it all out.

As for actually buying it, I say don't, at least not now. Wait until somebody who is serious about bringing a good model to the market can test it out and make sure that the Riverhobby guys are serious about making improvements and are not just trying to dump a cheap RC on us.
Dumping only does one thing; it causes quality to depress and it hurts innovation in RCs.

If a good importer can test these and honestly tell us what are the positives and also demands that the maker fix problems, that will stop quality from spiraling down.
Scott from Zerogravity is one such great importer; you should look at buying an RC from him Scot thoroughly tests the RCs he wants to import and sell; right now he is a distributor for Nutech, and he is also working with Kaylee.

I suggest you skip Riverhobby an buy a Nutech for now; Nutech has to be the best Chinese RC to hit American sales. Nutech listens to the customers and continually is fixing problems customers find. They are about quality products and will not dump cheap RCs just to make a dollar.
If Nutech is not what you want, do ask Scott how the Kaylee RCs are holding up. He tests them and makes sure they last as long as a more expensive RC.

I would not suggest Rovan or SY; those have been tested and a couple of sellers decided not to carry those. Rovan was tested by a member named Kostenko, but Silvia from Rovan and Ken from EngageRC only tried to sweep the problems under the rug and even tried to discredit Kostenko's findings. They made no effort to provide proof that Rovan has addressed the issues Kostenko posted here on RCU.

Scott tested SY, but apparently, he decided not to carry SY because of too many product problems. I think he might have continued to give SY a chance if SY were willing to address and fix the problems. I will have to do an RCU search for his thread again to see what he said in particular.

Chris, owner of Nutech, is not such a guys. Everyone says "Oh, Chinese goods are inferior" but out of all the posts all over the web, Chris is absolutely not such a guy and Nutech is not such a company. Chris ENCOURAGES people to post weaknesses so he knows what needs to be fixed and addressed.
He then FIXES the problems; he does not sweep them under the rug.
So confident is Chris in his business that he actually sends RCs out to be tested by actual RC fans. He then takes inputs from them all and makes corrections.

If you ask me, I will tell you get a Nutech, because you will not be disappointed, quality-wise, customer support, and so forth.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:57 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

Old 05-11-2010, 09:10 PM
Obeast44

ORIGINAL: SAVAGEJIM

Chris ENCOURAGES people to post weaknesses so he knows what needs to be fixed and addressed.

Ok, you either dont know or have been misinformed, but I have to disagree with that statement. They made their own forum so they could CENSOR posts about Nutech issues, I wouldnt call that encouragement. There WAS a huge thread about the forum split on the Nutechracingforum.

I agree wholeheartedly about Scott @ Zerogravity, he is the man.

I will say it again, thats not a Riverhobby buggy. Yes they sell them but they arent the manufacturer.

Old 05-11-2010, 10:24 PM
RedcatRacing

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be happy to clear most of this up.

First off, reading this thread and some others have been rather interesting and entertaining.

We have been testing this vehicle for almost a month and we are in the process of making some needed changes to the design.

We expect another 30 - 45 days of revising the current design and then should be ready for production in about 60-90 days. We would then expect them in 90-120 days from now.

When we get more finalized information such as pricing, final specs etc, I will be sure to let everyone know.

This vehicle is not made by River Hobby.

Darin
Old 05-11-2010, 10:36 PM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

I'm looking forward to the final design with the Redcat changes and tweaks. I hope they can give us another pre-production sample for the upcoming events at LargeScaleRC and the summer race series.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:11 AM
roccos_van
My Feedback: (1)

I agree about what Jim said about river hobby, but Rob at RRF is good to deal with too if you want a redcat.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:00 AM
Obeast44

ORIGINAL: RAMTech-HBF-LSF

I'm looking forward to the final design with the Redcat changes and tweaks. I hope they can give us another pre-production sample for the upcoming events at LargeScaleRC and the summer race series.
I hope I get to see it at the PowerJam. See if you cant sneak one out for my fat*****
Old 05-12-2010, 11:00 AM
mooman007uk

ORIGINAL: roccos_van

I agree about what Jim said about river hobby, but Rob at RRF is good to deal with too if you want a redcat.
just don't speak your mind and post negative stuff about the rampage though on his forums [sm=bananahead.gif]

I'll go back under my bridge now LOL

Old 05-12-2010, 11:23 AM
sahoo

thanks a lot all. would there be a signup list to pre-order that buggy? how much would the redcat price?
Old 05-12-2010, 11:26 AM
RAMTech-HBF-LSF

No pre-orders, and no price yet. Redcat is still working out the details.
Old 05-12-2010, 01:57 PM
roccos_van
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: mooman007uk

ORIGINAL: roccos_van

just don't speak your mind and post negative stuff about the rampage though on his forums [sm=bananahead.gif]

I'll go back under my bridge now LOL

Well, I didn't say he was an angel...LOL... But if you want a redcat he won't do you wrong - he helped me out a couple of times I have to give him that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.