Search
Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

DLE30 rear induction conversion!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Slow and Steady

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: DLE30 rear induction conversion!

There is a well known belief that it is better to treat others as you would wish to be treated. It appears that the folks at DLE may have a different approach. Unless they were workiing on this issue at the same time as Cyberwolf (not unheard of), it doesn't say much for their character or upbringing, and summarizes the ills of the world today. My 2 cents.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:35 AM
wohenzhuce

Cyberwolf, please accept my sincere apologize for everything i've said. I didn't mean it and it's not my purpose to getting your mad. I wasn't you, i can't feel what you really felt, i shoudn't say something like i knew you very much.

Sorry again
Old 04-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Q500RC

Very true slow and steady! Its to bad more people don't follow that example!!! I also agree with
georgewaldrop and cyberwolf in this case. There really isn't any other way to look at it in reality!

I know you knew it was coming Richard but that doesn't mean it makes it any easier to accept
and deal with. DLE wasn't willing to do anything about this issue until you provided all the owners
of the DLE30's with a good solution to our problems.

By then i'm sure they saw their sales fall off on this engine and took a look at what you had
developed and said heres our answer and went from there. Anyway we all know what happened
here so to argue to the contrary is a waste of time!!! Thanks again Richard!
Old 04-12-2010, 11:53 AM
georgewaldrop
My Feedback: (28)

ORIGINAL: Cyberwolf
DLE contacted me and wanted to buy my backplate assembly, I said yes if they wanted to pay for the R&D that went into it, They wouldn't so to make sure they could stop me from making any profit back for all the work I put into this thing they somehow got a hold of one of my assemblies and made what looks to be almost a exact copy.
So tell me where did DLE come up with there 50 its darn near a exact copy of a DA -50 so don't tell me about morality and thievery. As a private owner I can make and do any damn thing I wish to my engine and if others see it and like I have that right to make parts for them. But I don't go out and steal someones work to do so.
No I was not angry just stating facts as I see them. But your assinine post wohenzhuce are getting me that way.
Welcome to the real world of white collar thievery is what you actually mean correct.
ORIGINAL: Slow and Steady
There is a well known belief that it is better to treat others as you would wish to be treated. It appears that the folks at DLE may have a different approach. Unless they were workiing on this issue at the same time as Cyberwolf (not unheard of), it doesn't say much for their character or upbringing, and summarizes the ills of the world today. My 2 cents.
ORIGINAL: Q500RC
Very true slow and steady! Its to bad more people don't follow that example!!! I also agree with
georgewaldrop and cyberwolf in this case. There really isn't any other way to look at it in reality!

I know you knew it was coming Richard but that doesn't mean it makes it any easier to accept
and deal with. DLE wasn't willing to do anything about this issue until you provided all the owners
of the DLE30's with a good solution to our problems.

By then i'm sure they saw their sales fall off on this engine and took a look at what you had
developed and said heres our answer and went from there. Anyway we all know what happened
here so to argue to the contrary is a waste of time!!! Thanks again Richard!
Cyberwolf...As I said, THANKS for the effort you have made in producing this product, and all the others who have been instrumental in determining the cause of the problems. DLE users will benefit for a long time to come! Unfortunately, DLE will also benefit without having put forth any of the effort.

Slow and Steady, Well said and precisely what i meant to say!

Amen Q500RC!
Old 04-12-2010, 04:24 PM
apalsson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Cyberwolf

DLE contacted me and wanted to buy my backplate assembly, I said yes if they wanted to pay for the R&D that went into it, They wouldn't so to make sure they could stop me from making any profit back for all the work I put into this thing they somehow got a hold of one of my assemblies and made what looks to be almost a exact copy.
So tell me where did DLE come up with there 50 its darn near a exact copy of a DA -50 so don't tell me about morality and thievery. As a private owner I can make and do any damn thing I wish to my engine and if others see it and like I have that right to make parts for them. But I don't go out and steal someones work to do so.
No I was not angry just stating facts as I see them. But your assinine post wohenzhuce are getting me that way.
Welcome to the real world of white collar thievery is what you actually mean correct.
It's funny to think about all the emotions and strong statements that have been stirred up by someone having the audacity to copy DLE and market with a name that even is quite similar (DLA) but here we have a company (DLE) that made its inroads into the market space on a product that was an almost exact copy of the DA.
To add insult to injury, when they have another product with a documented problem and an individual sticks his head out to design and develop a fix to that problem, they shamelessly copy that as well.

I think this goes to show that some Chinese manufacturers have little understanding of western values and what is good marketing and what is not. Just my 2c worth. [sm=thumbs_down.gif]
Old 04-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Cyberwolf
My Feedback: (4)

All I can say is I think you guys are the greatest, there has been some very truthfull statements made here, to bad nothing will ever come of it. Just like pouring water on a ducks back it just runs off. These people have a way different mind set and values than we do here in the USA.
Many thanks to you all.
Richard.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:07 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

Troy built models is selling off their current stock of DLE 30 engines with shipping and a battery eliminator for a great and I mean GREAT price!!
Old 04-13-2010, 03:24 PM
apalsson

ORIGINAL: PlaneKrazee

Troy built models is selling off their current stock of DLE 30 engines with shipping and a battery eliminator for a great and I mean GREAT price!!
Guess that means another retailer is bailing out !
Old 04-13-2010, 03:30 PM
AJsToyz

Or they are planning on getting a huge stock on rear carb engines soon.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:32 PM
PlaneKrazee
My Feedback: (14)

My guess would be the rear carb version is coming and or they will carry the Syssa 180. I thought $260.00 was a good price, $219.00 including the battery eliminator is well, hard to pass up if you need a 30cc gasser. Talk about beating Tower at their own game! At this price, a Cyberplate is a affordable option for those who want to convert.
Old 04-13-2010, 04:58 PM
Antique

Don't waste any sympathy on them, they're still making money, just not as much...
Old 04-13-2010, 05:50 PM
jedijody

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 04-14-2010, 10:02 AM
Q500RC

Well Richard says he's out of the cyberplate business of course but it is a great price even if you
purchase one of the new DLE backplate conversions!
Old 04-14-2010, 10:04 AM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

ORIGINAL: Antique

Don't waste any sympathy on them, they're still making money, just not as much...
So very true as it might be quite frightening to us if we ever knew what price they buy DLE 30's for in bulk.

Karol
Old 04-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Cyberwolf

Yep DLE made sure that I would no longer be able to make a dime off my assemblies by offering theres at such a low price.
All I can say is you had best get one now I don't think that price will last for long.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:02 PM
georgewaldrop
My Feedback: (28)

ORIGINAL: PlaneKrazee

Actually, I called to check and maybe order another (I have two, but hey...it is a good price) HOWEVER, they "forgot to delete the shipping discount and free BEC device from the page, it's NOT really included" that's what they told me anyway...sooooo the discount is only about $35 off what they normally sell them for...still a better price, but not as good as it first seemed!

Any news on the new versions or the RI conversions? Ralph, Jody, TOM? anyone?
Old 04-14-2010, 04:16 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

More than likely DL will stall having the upgraded engines available until all or most of the old stock is gone.

Karol
Old 04-14-2010, 10:17 PM
jedijody

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new engines and retro kits are due to ship from the factory at the end of the month/first of May.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:00 PM
edgeman55
My Feedback: (25)

Thought I would post a pic of my Cyberplate conversion on a Clipped wing Monocoupe.Thanks again Richard your work and the parts fit were excellent.
Old 05-12-2010, 09:14 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes he did perform excellent work with the backplate. A perfect fit.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:18 AM
Cyberwolf

Thanks .
Old 05-13-2010, 09:41 AM
bgw45

Here is the first look I have had of the DLE compliment to your work, Richard. It looks as a very close copy, just not as pretty as a machined one.

http://www.sdshobby.com/new-dle30-30...rb-p-1275.html

Old 05-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Cyberwolf

Yep I have already seen them and no there not as pretty but also not near as strong. But other than that they should work, providing they will fit there own engine's.
I think of it as more of a slap in the face other than being a compliment.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:46 PM
mpascual

Parts of the conversion kit:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29072.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	1435454  
Old 05-29-2010, 04:51 AM
VOX

Hallo,

Prompt – where to buy such conversion kit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.