Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

How not to fly your RC heli! (Vid)

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

How not to fly your RC heli! (Vid)

Old 05-09-2010, 04:17 PM
Joyryda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How not to fly your RC heli! (Vid)

Check out this vid of how not to fly an RC Heli!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxeiJ4Dz0cU[/youtube]
Old 05-09-2010, 09:32 PM
Solman

Default RE: How not to fly your RC heli! (Vid)

Funny, seems like no respect for the hobby.  Just treating it like a Walmart toy.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:51 AM
tadawson

Welcome to what these crappy little electric turds have done to the hobby . . . .

- Tim
Old 05-10-2010, 12:13 PM
molokaiboy

Yes this is the exact attitude and ignorance towards this hobby we serious modelers combat. These are the faces that give US, that are actually serious about our hobby a bad name. People that are unaware ofhow aserious RCModel pilot conductsthemselves sees videos like these and see it asdangerous. Ihave had many crashes on my journey to flying helis/planes, but Iwould have never posted videos of myself or my friends dsplaying total disregard to safety, and to the hobby.

These are the kinds of people that should only fly toys from WalMart and the like. They are not responsible enough for our hobby.

Just my opinion.

Aloha,
Les
Old 05-10-2010, 09:42 PM
poison

Thats stupid thats why you don't buy a $200 helie that you have no clue how to fly and have your friends come over they are just wanting to see a crash anyway that dude needs a simulator or something.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:32 PM
Joyryda

This dude is absolutely stupid.... this should be a safety vid!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:37 PM
snobelt

By "crappy little electric turds", are you refering to the heli or the pilot?
Actually I think little electrics are a good way to find out if you are cut out for this hobby or not. It weeds out the ones that aren't serious pretty quickly - especially when they see what it costs to go to the next level.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Solman

That is fine if you they don't take someone out in the process.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:21 PM
helicub81

Dang, that sux for the heli. The blade sr is a nice heli. I learned my basics on it. Thats's just disrespectful
Old 05-25-2010, 09:54 AM
DEATHPROOFHELI

I wish i had money to just BLOW like that....what a retard...completely disrespectful

Old 05-29-2010, 05:21 PM
jumbo812

What a shame. That was a beautiful heli.

Crashing is a part of flying, if you have the money to blow on parts, all the more power to ya'. But learn some flying etiquete....fly it in a field, if your friends are brave bring 'em along. getthe crashon vid, put some Benny Hill music in the back ground, put it on youtube or myface.

Want my opinion?.....too bad, im gonna tell ya anyway (lol)
Learn ta' fly before you buy. invest in a simmulator. It comes with a lil' red "million dollar" button.
I have a post in beginer forums about this very subject,...check it out.

As for the crash.....that crash was weak bruh! check youtube for "heli axe cpv3 crash with onboard camera". I put my heli into the ground from 50 ft. (wasnt my fault....had an e-board failure)
The repairs cost me fifty bucks (without the e-board the company sent for free(tyvm H/M)) No lil' red button on the heli remote.....damit.

The simmulators are awsome,...learn to fly before you buy.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:00 AM
AmishWarlord
My Feedback: (5)

This video did make the Blade SR look pretty durable. Three bad crashes and the SR was still flying! These guys would have been better served with one of the $40 toy helis that they sell in the malls.

Can't say my first RC flight went much better than this guys. If I had made a video of it would be called "Twenty Seconds Too Balsa Dust".

The thing I didn't like most was him crashing it then the other guys saying he should take it back to the hobby shop and exchange it for a new one. Grrrr

Except for the three weeks I spent waiting on ebay turds to send me a new blade grip, I've really been enjoying my Blade SR. I think it handles more like a .30 size heli than a .049 one.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35611.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1445001  
Old 06-30-2010, 06:16 AM
RCKindaGuy

Wait until he someday gets hit by the rotors then see if he continues to laugh about it or disrespect what he's got there to fly. It immediately woke me up to that fact when I started....and I was being safe and respectful about it! Ijust hadn't fully comprehened or absorbed that fact at that time!!
Old 06-30-2010, 10:09 AM
tadawson

ORIGINAL: snobelt

By ''crappy little electric turds'', are you refering to the heli or the pilot?
Actually I think little electrics are a good way to find out if you are cut out for this hobby or not. It weeds out the ones that aren't serious pretty quickly - especially when they see what it costs to go to the next level.
The heli. They are sold making things look too easy to bilk the $$$ from the clueless, when in reality, they are far, far, harder to learn on than a more suitably sized machine. Couple that with the crappy quality of most of the low end electrics, and you have nothing more than a failure looking for a place to happen.

When a 30 size nitro was pretty much the entry point, only folks who were serious tended to enter the hobby, and they tended to get proper training instead of doing what this clown is doing . . .

I really wish the small stuff wasn't there . . . it has *NOT* helped the hobbymuch (if any)!

- Tim
Old 06-30-2010, 10:10 AM
tadawson

ORIGINAL: AmishWarlord

This video did make the Blade SR look pretty durable. Three bad crashes and the SR was still flying! These guys would have been better served with one of the $40 toy helis that they sell in the malls.

Can't say my first RC flight went much better than this guys. If I had made a video of it would be called ''Twenty Seconds Too Balsa Dust''.

The thing I didn't like most was him crashing it then the other guys saying he should take it back to the hobby shop and exchange it for a new one. Grrrr

Except for the three weeks I spent waiting on ebay turds to send me a new blade grip, I've really been enjoying my Blade SR. I think it handles more like a .30 size heli than a .049 one.

This guy would have been better served with a Nerf ball! C'mon!!!

- Tim