Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > RC Helicopter General Discussions
Reload this Page >

Need Help, Identify this Heli

Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

Need Help, Identify this Heli

Old 05-14-2010, 09:23 AM
edwarda10pilot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need Help, Identify this Heli

All:
A local group in the San Antonio TX area has asked me for assistance. They have the heli pictured that they use as a training tool for their students. One of the instructors I know has asked for help repairing the training aid. I know airplanes but know very little about heli's [&o] and I need help identifying the heli so I can order parts for the repairs. The only thing I can find is some parts on the tail boom have Kyosho stamped into them, so it appears as though it is a Kyosho but I do not know what model/type it might be.

If someone could possibly tell me the model I would be very greatful. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ed
San Antonio, TX
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74990.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	1435889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs58818.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	1435890   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wc77615.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	93.6 KB
ID:	1435891  
Old 05-14-2010, 09:30 AM
evan-RCU

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Need Help, Identify this Heli

Fins look like old Kalt parts but I don't remember the motor lay out at all... Either way I don't think you'll find original parts. What do you need?
Old 05-14-2010, 10:29 AM
ripfirer
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It a Kyosho nexus. I had two. I think i saw some parts that fit this heli at Second chance hobbie. If you look on ebay, i seem them on there too. I dont think anyone is still flying this bird. I got an old Kyosho concept 30 that the parts are interchangeable, if you want it for part it your, no cost.I see you are close to me. I live off of 78/walzem. let me know
Old 05-14-2010, 10:31 AM
edwarda10pilot

EvanRCU:

I may not know the proper name for some of the parts but here is what I can tell you. If you look at the photos you will see a couple of aluminum pieces that are just below the fly bar. The alum. pieces cover the plastic arms that tie the fly bar to the swash plate. Also, the ball links on the swash plate have broken. I believe that I can replace the ball links with some items I have and I can make new links, but a new swash plate would be helpful. The third item I need is a little hard to describe. I have attached a few photos that try to highlight the broken parts. If the photos loaded in order, then the first photo is of an arm with a ball link. This connects to the swash plate. Both of these arms are OK. The second photo is of a link that is OK but the one for the other side is broken and I need a replacement. The third photo is of the swash plate (I believe that is what is called). As you can see, one of the ball links is broken and I believe that I can repair this with a DuBro ball link. The last photo is of a link that connects the swash plate to the fly bar. Basically, I need the link shown in the last photo and the arm to which that link connects. If you could help with the terminology, I would greatly appreciate it. I have put in a call to a local heli guy but have not yet heard from him.

Thanks for your help,
Ed
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63434.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	1435901   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44938.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	1435902   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch97650.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1435903   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ol31411.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	1435904  
Old 05-14-2010, 10:39 AM
edwarda10pilot

ripfirer:

Didn't see your post before I replied. I work part time at 2nd Chance and the guy brought the heli in yesterday and I am trying to help. I live near FM 78 and 3009. If you can, give me a call at 957-2152.

Thanks,
Ed
Old 05-14-2010, 10:48 AM
ripfirer
My Feedback: (8)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here a site that show all the parts. it will take a little time finding what you lookin for, but it will work for you. http://www.heliguy.com/nexus/manual.html. also a 32 work great for this heli. give me a ring if you want the part i have (8257511 ask for bernard). they will need to be clean as they being sitting around collecting dusk
Old 05-14-2010, 11:09 AM
edwarda10pilot

All:

Thanks for all of the help. RIPFIRER has provided a link for parts. Additionally, he has donated one of his heli's for parts to help the group out. You know that help like this is what our hobby is all about and I am proud to be a modeler. In my original post, I neglected to mention that the training aid is for the Air Force and they use it as a teaching tool for future heli crew chiefs, mechanics, etc. so the donation by ripfirer is going to a great cause. Thanks again to ripfirer and evanrcu for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Ed