Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

RC Tank Clubs

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 12:43 PM
fargophil
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Tank Clubs

Great thread, Any clubs in Denver Colorado or Oklahoma CIty?
Old 11-20-2009, 09:36 AM
thecommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys,

Bob Held, thecommandernj here in NJ.

I moderate the Queens Panzer Group / North East Armored Division (NEAD) on the Yahoo gGoups. We are starting a club here in the NYC metro area and working on a RC field here in Bergen County, NJ. We have approx. 35 people in NEAD and at least five guys are within an hour or so of the intended field site. I am meeting with the local recreation director again today (11-20-09) and things are progressing nicely. If all goes well this will be a fenced-in field with a covered building for work benches and electricity nearby. It will be for RC tanks, trucks and cars with a race track on the outer perimitter that will be the foot path for tankers to fight from 360 degrees. It will have varied terrain, river (wet or dry bed), bridges, building, ruins, and hills with trees in the infield. I am a regular a the AAF Tank Musuem indoor tank battlefield in Danville VA and whereas I could never duplicate the quality that they have there it will be my model. I will attach some pix from there.
It is not my intent or desire to take anthing away from the forum. I hope to add members and contribute usefull information the active membership and potential members about our hobby. The group is open to anyone anywhere. This field will be for anyone in the northeastern USA.
God Bless Bob thecommandernj
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71318.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	1317393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf13826.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	1317394   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zf87654.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	38.1 KB
ID:	1317395   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fz74928.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	1317396  
Old 11-20-2009, 11:14 AM
Dmon1996

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Bob, that is just an amazing warground you have for your club. I am so jealous!
Old 11-22-2009, 08:27 AM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: Dmon1996

Bob, that is just an amazing warground you have for your club. I am so jealous!
Thanks for the kind words. This was a long time build over several years by some very talented and dedicated gentleman. The town is called Berniersville in honor of Dick Bernier who was fundemantal in its contruction. It is open to all comers and we have events there 5 or 6 times a year. The biggest is the Tank Extravaganza in April. It is three days and two nights of non-stop action & RC tank battles. They also run live vintage tanks, crush cars, fire machine guns (live ammo too), fire motars and live flamethrower demos.
** I have a Youtube video from last years RC tank battle and here is a link for it... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivDNOPrNXUE Please post comments if you enjoyed it.

**Here is another one with me doing the demo of the MP 40 sub machine gun.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Tj22Tvb2SM (F Y I ...It is not my video and these people are not known to me and Oh yeah...I DON'T PLAY GOLF.)

Check out the tank Museum at this link.... AAFTankMuseum.com It is well worth the trip and hotels in the area are very cheap ($55-60 US). The nearest city to fly into is Greensboro, NC about 50 mile away. Check out cheaptickets.com When I used to fly down with my tank in my carry-on bag from NYC area it was approx $450 for car, flight and hotel. YMMV If your tank can travel see me if you make it there and you can try one of mine.
BTW... Karen at the PX also has any tank part you could possible require and excelent prices on the kits.

**Here are some additional videos just posted by my friend Dana.....
Part 1: http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=wYQ_CgoY3Js
Part 2: http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=krJEM_31GBA

** If you are into RC tanking the AAF Tank Museum in Danville, VA is is like a trip to the Holy Land.....LOL God Bless Bob thecommandernj

Name:	Lj23197.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	1318431   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35717.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	1318432   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd82292.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1318433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bv60723.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	1318434   Click image for larger version

Name:	It99903.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	37.9 KB
ID:	1318435   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xo89090.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	1318436  
Old 12-01-2009, 01:56 AM
Jesse James

Is there any Tank Club in the Pittsburgh, PA area? I'm having difficulty finding one, though I'm not surprised as it seems RC isn't a huge hobby locally in general. [:'(]
Old 12-02-2009, 01:12 AM
thecommander

Hi Guys,

BIG news.... QPG/NEAD will be having its first IR RC Tank battle "Fun Run" this Sunday (12-6-09) in Hofstra Park in Prospect Park, Passaic, NJ. The tentative time is 10 AM til ???? This may change if those attending see fit. I'm flexible and AM or afternoon will work for me. Steve and I met today at the site he recommended and had a fantastic time. This is a rocky hill-top with great terrain and vegetation that is very suitable for RC tanking. I brought two simple buildings that I made a few years ago for airsoft tank fun with my kids for cover in the open area. There is some knee high straw nearby which simulates thick woods very well. There are paths thru it that are just like roads. Check the Pix.
The more guys the better. Bring what ever RC vehicle that you have to run as well (tank,car, truck in any scale). There is plenty of room but will need to watch radio frequencies. DO NOT WORRY IF YOU DON'T HAVE A IR BATTLE TANK, Come anyway. As long as you are a group member I will let you use one of mine. We will be battling Heng Long and Tamiya IR battle tanks. Airsoft may battle separately if you like, but be sure to bring eye protection.
Since this is the first "Fun Run" I'm asking for adults and mature teens only. Be sure all you batteries are charged and brings some snacks and drinks for yourself. NEAD will provide a FREE pizza lunch delivered to Hofstra Park for all combatants. It is in North Jersey a few miles NW of Paramus accessible by GS Parkway, RT 17 and RT 4/208. Sound off on the Group site when you get this and let me know ASAP whether you will be attending or not. Phone me if you have any questions regarding start time or specifics at 201-XXX-6945. As long as mother nature cooperates this will be a weather permitting event.
We will have a tentative or Dec. 13th, 2009. DON'T MISS THIS......

Lets get ready to RUMBLE...... ....Bob NEAD CO

Old 12-07-2009, 10:15 PM
abdomina

chicago area need a club
Old 12-10-2009, 07:46 AM
HAL_HUSKER

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

2 THECOMMANDERNJ:
Bob,
what a fantastic war field!!! Welldone! What a scene for tankbattles!!! Congrats!
Old 12-13-2009, 08:18 AM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: HAL_HUSKER

2 THE COMMANDER NJ:
Bob,
what a fantastic war field!!! Welldone! What a scene for tankbattles!!! Congrats!
Thank you for your feedback Hal Husker,
Even though you are in Russia you are welcome to join our Group, Tavarich. We are probably the closest USA RC group to you in Russia. I hope all is going well on your end. Did you talk Mr. Tamiya into releasing the KV I & II.....

Here is more info on our event....
Tankers nervously went to bed the night before as freezing rain and snow fell all over the northeast. Steve carefully monitored the changing conditions but the NEAD tankers were itching for some trigger time and would not be deterred by a little foul weather. They were old hand at this in the northeast anyway. The phone calls, conferences, emails and constant weather updates had Bob feeling like Eisenhower mulling over D-Day decision of June of 1944. The NEAD D-Day would not be stopped either....

The snow that did accumulate froze hard as a rock overnight as temperatures plummeted into the 20's. They arrived at the field as the sun climbed over the New York CIty skyline that surrounded them from the east and found a crusty carpet of snow. The tall straw grasses that would have been a perfect forest toppled by the weight of the white stuff. Not a tanker was deterred or a negative word uttered as they broke out the tanks and a few reveled in the chance of driving their tanks in the snow. This group would roll with the punches. Bret Benson (a certified tank nut) jumped at the chance of battling his winter camo Walker Bulldog in the snow as if it had been a life long dream. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr2tniigasY

Bret, Kim and Bob had been battling IR tanks at the AAF Tank Museum ( aaftankmuseum.com ) in Danville, VA for several years and shared their experience with the new tankers. Heng Long IR, H L Airsoft and Tamiya IR battle tanks soon filled the field and the fur was flying. It was "run what you brung" time and the warming rays from the sun soon cleared the snow from the dark rock top of the battlefield. The cameras were clicking and the camcorders rolling as the tanks traversed the snowy battlefield.

Veterans were paired up with the rookies to ensure they had fun and learned as quickly as possible the nuances and techniques of IR tank battling. Alvin and his brother-in law, Steve, ran their Heng Longs and proved their ability as tank commanders. They soon were given Tamiya tanks to use and quickly became hooked on the TBS system. As the morning slipped away they took a break to warm-up and change batteries and discuss the unique terrain and the way the Tamiya system works. The rock gouges that covered the top of the hill were found to be ideal for the "slope defense" of the TBS. Gregg and his son Josh, had a TBS equipped Panther G for a year and had no one to battle with. No wonder a little snow and cold couldn't stop him. They needed some tigger time real badly.

NEAD had several buildings, tanks and a Hanomag to decorate the field, add realism and defensive features to the battlefield. Bob, Kim & Bret each loaned tanks freely and the rookies to TBS ate up each opportunity with a Tamiya tank like like kids set loose in a candy store. Wayne and his son Cody, arrived with their HL IR tanks and each was placed on opposing teams. This was probably the first time HL IR and Tamiya IR tanks were used in a mixed IR tank battle. The HL IR system, although less sophisticated, was exactly similar to TBS all intents and purposes. Each eventually took over the controls of a Tamiya and enjoyed the extreme realism and sounds they offered.

Teams were developed bearing in mind varying experience levels and tanks were flagged for battle. No one wanted to stop fighting and it was 2:30 pm before Bob realized that getting the promised lunch would not be a bad idea. Pizza was delivered compliments of NEAD and the inevitable bull session started. With table set-up for tanks they poured over each others tanks and radios. Stories and time flew as they resumed battling. Many of the rookies learned fast to seek cover and maximize the effectiveness of the rocky terrain. Steve took up a position on a rock slope near a KO'ed Tiger and mercilessly doled out hits to his opponents and the tried to out-flank him. Tankers were heard counting backwards trying to time shots and keep track of the ever-changing enemy positions. Kim was fighting with her Pershing she got from James in the HEAT club of NC. Bob was running his Panther G when it was not on a test drive with one of the other club members. His back-up was a H L Stug III he custom converted to Tamiya TBS. Bob also had a HL Panzer III with TBS and is converting a HL Panzer IV into a Jagdpanzer Lang.

A few hours later the sun started to disappear behind the mountains to the west and the cold air grew very cold. The group mustered at the work tables and each participant received camo patterned neckerchiefs and four door prizes were drawn. A Patton DVD, two 21st Century soldiers and an assortment of tank stowage accessories were given away. The last was custom trophy hand made by Dan Gasser from the AAF tank museum for a longest distance driven award. It was won hands down by Bret Benson who drove over 2 1/2 hours to get some trigger time from Delaware. All chipped in to clear the field and ensure it was pristine again. Everyone wanted to know when they would battle again and volunteered to work on the RC field Bob is pushing for locally.

PS Many NEAD members will be posting pix and video of this event on our Yahoo Group and Youtube. Please join us at NEAD if you like what you have seen and post some feedback comments on Youtube. Thanks again to all our participants. I'm glad we did it last Sunday as the weather as I'm fine tuning this report is bitterly cold and windy for this Sunday.
Thanks again, Bob NEAD CO

Name:	Tr51551.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	230.7 KB
ID:	1333310   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51150.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	1333311   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kp33850.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	211.8 KB
ID:	1333312  
Old 12-18-2009, 07:55 AM
HAL_HUSKER

ORIGINAL: thecommander Did you talk Mr. Tamiya into releasing the KV I & II...
Appologies for my OFF:

frankly not, this was their decision.

When they came to Russia this passed summer, they brought the first KV-1 and we were realy amazed by the work... I would say the artwork, and the pricision of the model, the sound the movements etc... you know There they advised us about KV-2. After our show we had a 15 minites talk with "the Legend". My Friend and partner, Mikhael was so surprised by Mr. Tamiya visit that could not say a word during the whole conversation. We shared some of our ideas with Mr. Tamiya, so let's hope that He will implement them...
Old 01-21-2010, 08:43 PM
ccad

TANK CLUB: CCAD, (CLUB CHAMPLAIN ARMORED DIVISION)
First RC tank in Canada- One of orignally RCACN founding clubs
Portable battlefield only one of his kind, that Iknow about
Motor Pools: more than 50 tanks between 15 members,
website: www.model-art.com click on Armored Division -we are division of Champlain boat clubs
Winter HdqOmni-Center, Pincourt QC
Battle schedule: every 3rd or 4th Sunday during Winter months
Mostly Tamiya tanks, and converted HengLong, Bandai,Mattaro, etc with battle system
extra features: electronics minefield, AT gun emplacement with single shot kill, smoke generator, exploding bridge, etc etc

we welcome any one with Tamiya compatible tank,,,scale 1/18 & 1/16 is no problems,
email for more info: [email protected]
tel: Co JC-450-431-5519leave message
Yearly memberships fee is to cover Rental of war-room and Portable Battlefield with trailer.

Name:	Rp42841.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	1361143   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56316.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	1361144  
Old 02-04-2010, 10:48 PM
ltbear7
My Feedback: (5)

Hi,anybody interested in this Tamiya King Tiger with battle system? I have it on display,original owner,never abused,only played a couple of times......everything works great

Name:	Ca82600.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	1372038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok29134.jpg
Size:	100.1 KB
ID:	1372039   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rx59939.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	1372040   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pi16498.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	1372041  
Old 02-19-2010, 01:00 AM
DukeSedan

I'm in London, ON, Canada.  If anyone else in this area is interested in RC tanks send me a message.
Old 04-03-2010, 09:49 PM
thecommander

Attention RC Tankers.........

The North East Armored Division NEAD/QP from Yahoo Groups will be having our Spring Kick-off battle day on April 11th, 2010 at starting at 9 AM in northern NJ. It will either be in Westwood, NJ, between Paramus and Mahwah or in Prospect Park near Paramus/Fairlawn. I will announce the exact location on Monday or Tuesday. They are only 15 minutes apart. Anyone intrested in RC tanking is welcome and need not own a tank. We do plan on rc battling with Tamya TBS compatable IR systems and Heng Long IR systems. If you have airsoft please bring eye protection. The weather looks good so far. RC cars and trucks are all welcome too, as are well bahaved children. There may even be some 1/24 IR tanks there too.
PM me if you have any questions. Here is a link to join the group..It is free and had no obligations.... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/queenspanzergroup/

Also, here is video shot at the Prospect Park field from Steve, the local RC tank guru.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaKLGNfgIvk

Check them out and join the Group and us for some tank fun next Sunday......Bob, NEAD CO

Name:	Cx75233.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	1411261  
Old 04-07-2010, 11:30 PM
thecommander

ORIGINAL: thecommander

Attention RC Tankers.........

The North East Armored Division NEAD/QP from Yahoo Groups will be having our Spring Kick-off battle day on April 11th, 2010 at starting at 9 AM in northern NJ. It will either be in Westwood, NJ, between Paramus and Mahwah or in Prospect Park near Paramus/Fairlawn. I will announce the exact location on Monday or Tuesday. They are only 15 minutes apart. Anyone intrested in RC tanking is welcome and need not own a tank. We do plan on rc battling with Tamya TBS compatable IR systems and Heng Long IR systems. If you have airsoft please bring eye protection. The weather looks good so far. RC cars and trucks are all welcome too, as are well bahaved children. There may even be some 1/24 IR tanks there too.
PM me if you have any questions. Here is a link to join the group..It is free and had no obligations.... http://groups.yahoo.com/group/queenspanzergroup/

Also, here is video shot at the Prospect Park field from Steve, the local RC tank guru.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaKLGNfgIvk

Check them out and join the Group and us for some tank fun next Sunday......Bob, NEAD CO

The Sunday event will be is Westvale Park in Westwood NJ (near Harrington and Sand Roads). It is just off of exit 168 of the Garden State Parkway just norht of Paramus. we will be ploting out the RC field and exchanging ideas. We start at 9 Am and go untill????? There will be at least two DBU H L tanks there for you guys to try and the WSN RC halftrack too...

Name:	Sq48157.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	1414028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hc91635.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	1414029   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tz67050.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	1414030  
Old 04-08-2010, 12:16 AM
thecommander

OK Guys,

I'm getting emails for the GPS info the street address for Westvale Park for the Sunday IR tank event. It is 235 Harrington Avenue, Westwood, NJ 07675.
Bob, NEAD CO
Old 04-12-2010, 10:25 AM
StuN

New RC Tank Club in Pacific Northwest: Northwest Pacific Armor Corps, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NORDPAC/
Old 05-06-2010, 11:53 PM
StuN

First get togetherof the Northwest Division Pacific Armor Corps (NORDPAC) scheduled for Sunday, 6/13/10 at 1300 in WA state. See http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NORDPAC/ for details.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:39 PM
eslfox

Old 05-20-2010, 10:53 PM
ArmChairGeneral

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BACK was an effort by myself and Dacostasr to get a group going in the WNY area. I am living in Fla. now, you might try contacting Dacostasr, he would carry the entire city in his van, along with smoke generator and sound effects, nice guy !

Paul
Old 05-22-2010, 01:34 PM
eslfox

Thanks for the update ArmChair.I have been trying get in connect with Dacostasr,by email ,but was not  having much succes at it.So if you are out thier Dacostasr.Could you please let us know.If you are still doing the R/C tanks,and if you are,where are you battling with them.For I would like to see these tanks in action.Might even be able to con my dad to come along,with all the vids I have seen it  does look like fun.So please let us know.Thanks.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:05 AM
thecommander

***Attention all RC tankers in the northeast USA...

We were stopped by mother nature last Sunday but NEAD will try again this Sunday at 9 AM to ???. I plan on the battle being in Westwood again but will have to get final confirmation. The back-up location is nearby Hofstra Park in the Boro of Prospect Park, NJ near Steve (AKA Shenlonco). All RC tankers are welcome to join us even if you do not have a tank. If you can drive it safely I will loan you one of mine 1/16 IR battle tanks to try. We will have airsoft there too. I welcome all scales and IR systems as well. Please let me know who is attending so I can get a head-count. We will be doing some measureing and planning too so bring your thinking caps. Cold drinks and lunch are also a good idea or we will order out some lunch. Email me or call me at the Group phone number so I can get a good head-count. We should have guys from NJ, NY, PA, Del. & CT. Last time we had about 10 tankers and over 35 tanks.
This may be the last event until September so make it if you can.... Bob

Read more: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_97...#ixzz0qKTUuAgy
Old 06-21-2010, 03:02 AM
HAL_HUSKER

Finaly we started to build our Summer Battle Field in Kubinka Tank Museum...

We worked first and had fun afterwards...

First module is done...

Name:	Ig11784.jpg
Size:	216.7 KB
ID:	1456256   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62173.jpg
Size:	226.5 KB
ID:	1456257   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mg97342.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	1456258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pa32810.jpg
Size:	440.3 KB
ID:	1456259   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ar11422.jpg
Size:	393.8 KB
ID:	1456260   Click image for larger version

Name:	Uw42100.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	448.2 KB
ID:	1456261   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo51286.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	361.1 KB
ID:	1456262   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu30417.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	324.5 KB
ID:	1456263  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Xj52393.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	223.9 KB
ID:	1456264  
Old 07-04-2010, 03:04 PM
karel47

SMAZ zelzate
Meetings Thursdayevenings from 19u

All kind of modellings

We have a little RCtankergroup wich grows by week

Name:	Om32173.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	1463018  
Old 07-24-2010, 07:29 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Hi All,

The UK 1/16IRAD club has re-launched as the 1:16 Radio Control Tank Regiment!
Our new website can be found here: http://www.rctankregiment.com/

We already have a strong relationship with the Detroit Tank Command club (http://www.detroittankcommand.com/), and we are looking to establish links with other IR combat clubs to share ideas as we work towards obtaining and developing a permanent battlefield in the UK.

Hope to see you around!

Cheer's
Mart

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.