Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Old 05-20-2010, 08:13 AM
iwal48

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lado retracts, do the really exist?

Order 1233 paid for on October 12 2009
No reply from either of the emails listed on Lado site. No response since 2nd of April, 6 emails sent since then with no response.

This is the reply from 2nd April, I think the 2 weeks may be up by now.

"Ian,
It has been taking much longer then I had hoped, but we are very close. Now that the new guy is trained things are moving quickly, I would say 2 weeks tops. Thanks for your patients.
Thanks,
Doug

Ian,"
Old 05-20-2010, 12:23 PM
P-51B
My Feedback: (5)

Wow, this almost reminds me of the Fusco Fiasco...
Old 05-20-2010, 01:52 PM
christophe31

hi guy's,
Just to clear the air, the reference made to Christophe in France( me!!! lol) as being associated with Doug's business is not true.
E-Retract bought the technology from Doug at Lado, not his liabilities. In the purchase, Doug was supposed to take care of that. I have done all I can do by offering the warranty to any Lado products sold by Doug's company and will honor this warranty. I am not with Doug.
and i really think i've answer at all your mail guys, if someone haven't receive my response, feel free to ask me again, and write as references your pseudo on this forum.

for you information, all retract will be in stock again in less than 2 weeks, they're in anodization manufacturing right now.

more pics on facebooks.

regards
christophe.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:00 AM
bluetomcat

So Christophe....

Can I get your Guarantee that IF I place an order with you, you will honour my order and ship the goods in a timly and professional manner unlike what I have experienced with Doug?

How can we trust you or anyone associated with Lado in the future?

This is your chance to convince us that you are the genuine article....

Over to you

Old 05-21-2010, 10:59 AM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Hmm a guarantee is only as good as the guarantor.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Magnum RC

I think I would like to step in here Bluetomcat. The order processing will be going through Magnum RC. www.magnumrc.com.
The website will control the money taken and the inventory given. There will be a finite amount of inventory available and if someone goes to the website to purchase a Lado product and the website indicates that it is out of stock, we won't take your money and there will be no backorders. Inventory available means just that. If you order an available product on our website, you will get it. Magnum RC has been in business now for two years, never once has anyone been unhappy with what they have received or been screwed. It is inherently designed in the website. So, all that Christophe has to do is provide available inventory. I hope this answers your concern. No one in their right mind does business like Doug does and hopes to remain intact.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:07 PM
ZERO-322

Ok can someone anyone ! set the record straight on who is doing what when and how ? when it comes to lado retracts , I'm so confused that honestly if i was to order....... who am I ordering from ? were is my product coming from ? who is responsible for service issues ? how is the new business structured as opposed to how it was ?

no one has answered these questions as a whole just bits and pieces here and there
Old 05-21-2010, 10:47 PM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

come on its been answered plenty of times

but I will do it for you again, you live in the U.S.A. you buy from www.magnumrc.com when and only when there in stock, if you have a repair or warentee issue you go to magnumRC

as far as how the buisness is structured who cares, as long as product is available and on the shelf, and service work is done in a timely manner, wouldn't that be the bottom line
Old 05-21-2010, 11:24 PM
Larry3215

The new Lado's are made in France and sold through Magnum - when stock becomes available.

The old Lado and Doug are completely out of the picture now.
Old 05-21-2010, 11:25 PM
ZERO-322

ok then since you seem so well versed ..... who is jeremy ? what's his role ? what about the french connection and e retract what is that about ? is one the US distributor and the other Europe ?
Old 05-22-2010, 01:57 AM
christophe31

ORIGINAL: ZERO-322

ok then since you seem so well versed ..... who is jeremy ? what's his role ? what about the french connection and e retract what is that about ? is one the US distributor and the other Europe ?
hi guy,
like i've say several times, WE ARE THE NEWS BUILDER AND OWNER OF LADO RETRACT LINE.

that very simple, now all retract was made by us... we have nothing now to do with the old owner and his staf ( jeremy,Doug, and Doug father).We are 2, me and stephane, who is not in charge of the customer service, so you'll discuss only with me and for the US customer with Gus from Magnum RC.

that's all, don't listen all guy's who speak without knowing our products our us; because i read many wrong things here about us and products and it's just to confuse you about us.

and if you have some questions don't hesitate to ask me on [email protected], no one here can tell that i haven't answer him in a day far and all my EU customer was satisfied of my services.I'm modeler, i'm flying every weeks like you, and i'm like you i don't want to pay for something and waiting 6 month to have it. So i'll not doing this to you, i wanted to sleep well !!!

and if you want more "live info", you can add us on Facebook!!! you 'll see pictures of our big factory and videos.

have a nice week end!
a bientôt!!!
christophe
Old 05-22-2010, 03:53 AM
bluetomcat

Ok Point taken.
But if I were to order, wouldn't it be more economical for me to order from France rather than MagnumRC?
I live in the UK. Wouldn't it be cheaper for me, the paying customer, to have them shipped from France?

So Would I order from e-retract or Magnumrc?

Also what timescales do you have on new products. Come on ive been waiting for nearly a year now.
Is there a waiting list or something??

Old 05-22-2010, 11:27 AM
bigtim
My Feedback: (13)

ORIGINAL: bluetomcat

Ok Point taken.
But if I were to order, wouldn't it be more economical for me to order from France rather than MagnumRC?
I live in the UK. Wouldn't it be cheaper for me, the paying customer, to have them shipped from France?

So Would I order from e-retract or Magnumrc?

Also what timescales do you have on new products. Come on ive been waiting for nearly a year now.
Is there a waiting list or something??

for you guys in jolly old England or any where else in Europe for that matter http://www.e-retract.com/HomeUK.html magnum is for USA and Canada orders unless you want to pay the extra shipping but that wouldnt make much sense now would it
Old 05-22-2010, 08:25 PM
ZERO-322

Ok I think i got it now thanks for the reply !
Old 06-11-2010, 10:51 PM
TOMAPOWA
My Feedback: (1)

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... way too quite here!

Any one seen these yet? (ya snooze ya lose)

http://www.downandlocked.com

http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...1&third_id=201
Old 06-12-2010, 03:14 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes , I am useing the retracts in the second link , there are great . I bought them from PW RC , they are about $50, great for 40 and under size planes and eletric planes
Old 06-12-2010, 04:16 AM
GaGeeBees
My Feedback: (23)

ORIGINAL: TOMAPOWA

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...... way too quite here!

Any one seen these yet? (ya snooze ya lose)

http://www.downandlocked.com

http://www.smartmodel.com.hk/product...1&third_id=201
The Down and Locked guys had a booth in the vendor area at Joe Nall and I spent some time talking with them and looking at their product. It looked good and their pricing seemed reasonable. I'm going to send them a set of gear from one of my Byron Staggerwings for retrofitting with their actuators.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:56 AM
christophe31

hi guy's,
the day has come:
WE ARE IN STOCK !!!!!!

lol
Old 06-28-2010, 08:41 AM
da Rock

OK, now let's see how long it takes to get an order placed on June 28th. You have a chance to show how good your service will be. You've got the ball now.

BTW, I missed seeing any information about where the order will be shipped from. France? U.S.?
Old 06-28-2010, 09:20 AM
christophe31

ORIGINAL: da Rock

OK, now let's see how long it takes to get an order placed on June 28th. You have a chance to show how good your service will be. You've got the ball now.

BTW, I missed seeing any information about where the order will be shipped from. France? U.S.?
it'll be shipped from france, you 'll receive tomorrow your tracking number, and should be yours in less than one week...

you're the first!!

thanks!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 12:16 PM
da Rock

Sounds good.

They will go in my new H9 Hellcat. I'll post a picture of them here as soon as they are installed.
Old 06-28-2010, 02:50 PM
scalebirdman
My Feedback: (6)

Ok now that the who's who questions have been cleared up (hopefully) I have a genuine lado retract question:

Are the bottom and top mount rotating retracts pictures swapped???? The site indicates the bottom mount retracts are sutable for the H9 planes, but if I go by the pictures, I'd need a top mount unit? (specifically H9 corsair) ????????????????????????
Old 06-28-2010, 03:05 PM
da Rock

ORIGINAL: scalebirdman

Ok now that the who's who questions have been cleared up (hopefully) I have a genuine lado retract question:

Are the bottom and top mount rotating retracts pictures swapped???? The site indicates the bottom mount retracts are sutable for the H9 planes, but if I go by the pictures, I'd need a top mount unit? (specifically H9 corsair) ????????????????????????

I have a H9 Corsair with LADO RS 333-RB retracts installed. The pictures on the page on the LADO website that show all the 333 retracts are correctly positioned. http://www.lado-tech.net/products.php?cat=5

Order the RS 333-RB pair (they are 3rd down the linked page on the left) and you won't have any problems. They might also be the only ones listed for $230. And they certainly are the only ones with a description that says they're for the H9 Corsair. Can't go wrong with that.

Got no idea what page or website you're looking at but the ones that've been on the LADO site for a year or so look like what goes into the H9 Corsair, P-40, and Hellcat.
Old 06-28-2010, 03:09 PM
christophe31

ORIGINAL: scalebirdman

i don't think there is swap in the website, the bottom mount is this:

and the top mount is this one:

for the hangard 9 you need to select the first one , the bottom.

oups!!! yep there is the swap on the front gear system, i'll correct it now

Edith 1 : it's done, please note the FT/FB gear system is Front Top/ Front Bottom like the rotating main but with directional arms and no rotating system
Old 06-28-2010, 03:24 PM
bluetomcat

Finally some movement on this bloody forum!! Ok anyone heard off Doug or geremy recently?? I placed my order in september 09, YES 2009. Still waiting and praying. Maybe now its time to give up though :-(

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.