Community
Search
Notices
NitroModels Support Click here to have all your questions answered directly from the NitroModels support team.

Maxjet SR-71

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 04:21 PM
aps f4u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maxjet SR-71

I have the this plane set up with both esc's and servos ready to go and have yet to figure out how it's going to fly in regards to only having elevators/ailerons? How do you go about mixing the two or is there something else I am to do?? I am using a spektrum dx7 but I cant see where you can mix those two, rudd/ aile and elev/ flapp is all I see. this is my first twin set-up and first with only two control surfaces.... please help! Thanks

a
Old 05-22-2010, 08:00 PM
rw Guinn

Default RE: Maxjet SR-71

ORIGINAL: aps f4u

I have the this plane set up with both esc's and servos ready to go and have yet to figure out how it's going to fly in regards to only having elevators/ailerons? How do you go about mixing the two or is there something else I am to do?? I am using a spektrum dx7 but I cant see where you can mix those two, rudd/ aile and elev/ flapp is all I see. this is my first twin set-up and first with only two control surfaces.... please help! Thanks

a
Get some help, fast.
From your description, and experience level, you will get airborne just long enough to crash.
Find a club or field with other fliers, and ask for help.
Do not ask how I know this.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:48 PM
opjose

That plane requires elevon mixing.

I have to echo RW's post... get some help.... this is FAR from a "first twin" plane, let alone a beginner's plane.

EDF's also require a bit of reflex dialed in before flying them.

Old 05-23-2010, 01:42 PM
aps f4u

Ok, first of all I have been flying r/c for over 23+ years just not electrics as I have just got into them recently with in the last year or two. And this isnt my actuall first twin as I have had several nitro twin engine planes over the years. Im just not use to all this electric stuff and is new to me in this fashion where as only having the two control surfaces....and Im sure I wont crash it. I have yet to crash ANY of my edf jets( hard landing or two maybe ) that I have yet to date and if I do, oh well. Thats part of this hobby, is it not?
I just wanted to know what to do as far as setting up the control surfaces. elevon mix is what I was looking for and relized it after I had posted. Everything is working and fine. I do as most have my days and put to many hours over the shop table and my mind tends to quit working on me. Thats when I just need to walk away for a while and things usualy come back to me or I can usually figure it out. Thanks again

a
Old 05-23-2010, 02:43 PM
rw Guinn

ORIGINAL: aps f4u

Ok, first of all I have been flying r/c for over 23+ years just not electrics as I have just got into them recently with in the last year or two. And this isnt my actuall first twin as I have had several nitro twin engine planes over the years. Im just not use to all this electric stuff and is new to me in this fashion where as only having the two control surfaces....and Im sure I wont crash it. I have yet to crash ANY of my edf jets( hard landing or two maybe ) that I have yet to date and if I do, oh well. Thats part of this hobby, is it not?
I just wanted to know what to do as far as setting up the control surfaces. elevon mix is what I was looking for and relized it after I had posted. Everything is working and fine. I do as most have my days and put to many hours over the shop table and my mind tends to quit working on me. Thats when I just need to walk away for a while and things usualy come back to me or I can usually figure it out. Thanks again

a
Ahok, then
Your terse OP was of the sort we have seen from the newbies, who don't know the terminology and are confused.
Sorry 'bout that...
Old 05-23-2010, 02:50 PM
aps f4u

Thats a bad on my part, I had posted that after I had been messing with it all night and was burned out on it already and should have just stopped and waited till the next day before re-attempting anything... Thanks again

a
Old 05-23-2010, 07:42 PM
opjose

When you set up the elevons, make sure that the trailing edge of the control surfaces end up deflected UP about 1/8"...

that is the trailing edge of the control surface UP 1/8" ABOVE the actual wing... or MORE, at stick center.

This is pretty standard fare for elevon planes.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:14 PM
aps f4u

Thanks for the tip. I can use as much as I can get when it comes to setting up these electrics. All seems to be ok now with blackbird so maiden will be coming shortly... Thanks again!

a
Old 05-24-2010, 09:40 PM
tuskegee
My Feedback: (1)

[:-] Okay,..I don't care for elec that much for many reasons (there is nothing like the sound of an engine). But we (my son and I) Three of them and none of them have working rud's. and we do not use mix. up is up down is down like any other unit. The ailerons will bank turn the jet. most people don't use the rud's that much anyway. I can give you many reasons to use a rud. but for your unit it will fly with out mixes.
Tuskegee
U.S.Army(ret.)[>:]