Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Hi Tec Opti 672 mhg

Old 06-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Sparkey
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi Tec Opti 672 mhg

Lately this radio has been acting a little funny .For instance.Channel 1 can not be programed its stuck on Idle On. When I try to cancel or put a model name in Nothing changes.
There is a way to Reset the whole radio but I can not remember-any help.

Last question -is the program stored in the module or radio?
If so I should be able to remove model to save the programming -yes -no?
Old 06-01-2010, 03:21 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hi Tec Opti 672 mhg

ORIGINAL: Sparkey Lately this radio has been acting a little funny .For instance.Channel 1 can not be programed its stuck on Idle On. When I try to cancel or put a model name in Nothing changes. There is a way to Reset the whole radio but I can not remember-any help. Last question -is the program stored in the module or radio? If so I should be able to remove model to save the programming -yes -no?[/b]
1. Stuck on Idle ON suggests Opotic 6 is in Heli Mode and one of the switches is in wrong position when turning TX on - refer Idle On in manual.
2. Resetting the memory (Manual page 14)
1. With the transmitter switched off, turn on your transmitter while pressing both of the two Edit keys (the two keys on the far left). The model select (M.SEL) menu will be displayed.
2. Press the Up or Down arrow key until you get into the Reset (REST) menu. This display has the word "REST" flashing on and off. (If you're already in the setup menus, you can just press the Up or Down arrow key to get here.)
3. IF YOU ARE SURE YOU WANT TO RESET and clear out the current model memory, press both the +Increase and -Decrease Data keys at the same time. The transmitter will beep twice to indicate a successful reset
4. Press the Up or Down arrow keys to get to another setup menu, or switch power off.
5. Switch power back on. You may now set up the details of your model in the Edit mode.
CAUTION: WHEN YOU COMMAND RESET, YOU'LL ERASE THE MEMORY YOU'RE IN AND LOSE ANY PROGRAMMING YOU HAVE ENTERED. DON'T DO THIS UNLESS YOU ARE POSITIVE YOU WANT TO FLUSH OUT THAT MEMORY AND START FROM SCRATCH WITH THE FACTORY-DEFAULT SETTINGS.
3. Memory is held in TX. Removing Module or battery does not upsetmemory flashed onto card last time TX was turned off.

Hitec Optic 6 - Manual &Tutorial

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links