Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Esky Helicopters
Reload this Page >

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

........."BELT-CP THREAD"........

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Disney1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: .........

Nothing that I am aware of.

Ron Sr
Old 06-04-2010, 07:41 AM
Crash Craddock

Hello newbie to the forum have read my way through most of what has happened. Certainly a wealth of info available here thanks guys
Old 06-04-2010, 02:59 PM
phillyD

Welcome to the flying madness Mr Craddock.
Cheers
Old 06-05-2010, 02:05 AM
Crash Craddock

Thank you for the welcome
I quess a little intro is in order. My dear wife gave me a Belt cp v2 for xmas, and after reading the manual whilst charging the battery I followed the "destructions to the letter" RTF hold your heart[&:]
Took it outside checked switches and trims powered up ok got 3 beeps flashing lights all is good to go.
Increase throttle nothing happening? ok little more throttle jeez almost half throttle still no turning? give it a another touch OMG ***!!!! load noise motor spins up blades spin heli lifts off and heads towards the garden bed damn down throttle to late it's faster than me blade strike ah poop[].
Hold a crash investigation and deliver finding to wifey who is highly peeved at spending the hard earned on something that self destructs on the first use. It appears the motor was meshed a little hard against the main gear as such it took a large amount of throttle to over come the resistance hence the loud noise, once moving it proceeded to grind 98% of the teeth on the main gear flat Call the lhs who is in another state explain problem he tells me "well if you send it back we will look at it and decide if it's warranty or pilot error" Bugga that send me the parts I'll fix it me self.
So she's already to go again take it out just to see if she'll power up ok YES YES YES spinning sweet as little more throttle get her light on the skids.
OH HELL not again she sits there nice as, then starts to drift left slowly ok little bit of this here right stick thingy  still going left and speed increasing come on! I'm pushing the stick to the right NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO did you see that the picnic table kick my heli and on and on we go fix it #$*@ it find forum read and read and read.

Now I got Dx6i and several other toys to play with wife thinks I am supporting a village in china with the constant stream of parts arriving.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:22 AM
Disney1

Welcome Crash:
That is the middle name of any heli pilot.
I personally have sent Michael the owner of USHOBBYSUPPLY.COM to Mexico, and the Bahamas.
I have at least 4 each of the most broken parts in my supply box.
If you need help, ask and one of us will be glad to answer.
This is a link to a setup document for the DX6i and the Belt cp v1/v2 hope it helps.
https://www.ushobbysupply.com/pub/BeltCP_HBK2_DX6i_setup.pdf?target="new"

Morning PhillyD I h\guess You and I and a few others have become the "Old Timers"
Remember when we were the Newbies.
Scary Huh.

Hey guys here is a suggestion, I just got a Belt V1 Bare Bones just to use as parts, I did the math and it was cheaper than replacing the parts one at a time.
yellow https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...roducts_id=560
White https://www.ushobbysupply.com/produc...products_id=73
Old 06-05-2010, 03:58 AM
Crash Craddock

Thanks Disney I have already downloaded your file and am slowly rebuilding the bird.
One thing for shore you learn a lot in this hobby including patience
Old 06-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Tinkman

I'll second that, Crash. I think the part that annoys me the most (besides the actual crash) is when I order all the parts I think I'm going to need, then find out I need more parts and have to wait another week before I'm back in the air. My only consolation while I wait is my HBFP and the simulator.
By the way Crash, if you haven't already, you might want to look into a flight simulator. Believe it or not it helps quite a bit.

Joaquin
Old 06-06-2010, 12:48 AM
Crash Craddock

Thanks Tinkman, yeah I can relate to that. Do the inspection order the bits and AAHHHH Bugga need a new fluffer lever as well.
 I had a big spend up recently. Brought a DX6i a Vapor slow flyer, and Ikarus's Aerofly Pro deluxe as well as an extra Rx for the Hawksky so the only things still on original Tx are the Lama v4 and the Syma chinook
Old 06-06-2010, 09:58 AM
warpnine

You guys should try living 29 miles away from Michael (U.S. Hobby Supply) - always next day service or better! (Sometimes he even delivers the order in person too)!

Serously though, he ships stuff all over the world and generally seems to get the orders there in "better than expected" time - no matter where you are, for an affordable cost. When you are ordering parts after a crash, I would also suggest contacting him via e-mail (or phone in the evenings - East coast U.S.A.) before you place your order, telling him about your crash and what parts you were thinking of getting. He may have suggestions for other parts that you hadn't thought of, which you could then get in your first order - rather than having to get them with a follow up order. I only make this suggestion after doing (exclusive) business with Michael for several years - because he will not sell you stuff you don't need, he won't sell you junk, and he will provide excellent support to you both before and after the sale. He's even done this for me for stuff I didn't buy from him, like my first RTF kit (before I'd found his company) - which is way beyond what you'd expect. I've said it before and I'll say it again: "You can't go wrong buying from U.S. Hobby Supply"! (No, I am not associated with this business at all, other than as a very satisfied customer)!

Remember that you will probably need a new feathering shaft after most crashes, so be sure to stock up on several of them too!

Cheers,
Dave
Old 06-06-2010, 10:43 AM
petey3

I have to agree. From Iraq to Germany US Hobby Supply has got the parts to me fast. I can't wait to move back to the states and get the stuff even faster.
Old 06-06-2010, 02:54 PM
Tinkman

Fellow Rotary FlightPilots,
I just did my first loop today with the Belt! No crash either! Bonus!
I've been practicing allot on Clear View but couldn't get the nerve to try it for real till today. I was flying my circuits while the wife was walking the dog. Then it hit me. Everything looked right, the wind, lighting, airspeed and elevation, so I went for it. I will admit, it was real ugly, but I did it without crashing. What a rush.
I would have loved to get video of this momentus event, but even though I had a key FOB camera mounted and running, for whatever reason when I got home to DL the video the file was corrupt. I'll keep trying though.
Till next time...

Joaquin
Old 06-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Disney1

Congratulations Tinkman Woo Hoo great for you

Ron
Old 06-06-2010, 05:17 PM
warpnine

You're braver than I am! Congratulations! That is so cool! Hopefully you'll get some video next time!

Cheers,
Dave
Old 06-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Tinkman

Thanks Guys,
I just hope I'll have the guts totry it again!

Joaquin
Old 06-07-2010, 03:40 AM
Disney1

Tinkman, go for it the worst you can do is crash.
And we all have done that.
Ron
Old 06-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Navy_1

ORIGINAL: petey3

I have to agree. From Iraq to Germany US Hobby Supply has got the parts to me fast. I can't wait to move back to the states and get the stuff even faster.
Dont forget me in Japan. US Hobby supporting the Deployed Troops around the world. Thank's Mighty "M" you keep us flying

yep out to sea again

Ron Jr(Walter)
Old 06-07-2010, 05:59 PM
warpnine

Let me guess, you can't fly while on a ship, at sea - at least outside? Hopefully you have a simulator or some Air Hogs to practice with!

Last October, I was able to fly the small "Silver Bullet" ( http://www.brookstone.com/mini-remot...licopters.html ) inside our cruse ship cabin for about 5 minutes at a time (about their battery life) - on the same trip where we went to Disney World (and met your father). Too much wind out on the balcony... It was much easier to steer and control than the normal Air Hogs - very manuverable - despite being a co-axel and only about 4 inches long. The bright dual head lights really helped keep it in orientation too. Makes me wonder if I should add some bright lights to my big helicopters too?

Glad the stuff we donate to M is getting to you guys! You all deserve the best!

Cheers,
Dave
Old 06-08-2010, 02:51 PM
phillyD

Hey Senor Disney
Ihave to make special effort to check here. Lordy I am still newer than you LMAO. Secret a lot of guys from all over hang out in the struggling with single rotor basics thread on the eflite forum; all helis, i say all helis even gassers and nitros are discussed there. There is a reprensetation of ever heli there, even planks which I have one now(single prop basics) Bigger secret even Bill is there and is the owner of a gaui 550 and a plank.
Maybe see you over on the dark side.
Cheers my good friend. I ain't forgotten. I am still dying to come to FL to see you
Old 06-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Disney1

PhillyD great to here from you.
You never know where I will turn up.
Maybe a wind will blow you to the north west to Orlando
and we will finally get to meet.
Ron
Old 06-10-2010, 01:59 PM
petey3

I am stumped on this one. Hope that the collective can help me figure this out. I have an aluminium head on my heli. I set up everything by the book. servo arms at 90deg swash plate is level. At mid throttle the blades are at zero degrees. But I cannot get lift at all. At full throttle I have 5 deg on the blades. I can't figure this out. I must be missing something. I went by Disney's setup instructions and just cannot get it right. Help please.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Disney1

What TX are you using??
If it is the DX6i then you have to adjust swash mix

12. To add or subtract pitch. Use the SWASH MIX settings in the TX. If your SWASH MIX settings are set
to +60 going to a higher + number will add positive pitch. If your pitch settings are set to a –60 going to a
higher – number will add positive pitch. Adjust the SWASH MIX settings no more than 3 digits at a time.
When you get close change them only one digit at a time. Until you get 10 degrees of positive pitch. My final
settings are set to –80 on all three settings, -80 aileron, -80 elevator, -80 pitch. These numbers may be
different for you

You can also set the Pitch by putting the TX stunt mode switch in the opposit position and the trottle all teh way down ansd adjust for 10 degrees positive that way.

If you need more info let us know,
Ron Sr

Old 06-10-2010, 10:45 PM
phillyD

Right on Sir Disney
And I hope he did that setting in idle up mode with a linear curve.

Your red letters Dis...don't forget to unplug the motor
Old 06-11-2010, 12:49 AM
petey3

I'll try all that this evening. I am using the stock transmitter for the moment. I'll get a DX6I next month. For now I just want to get it up in the air. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Thanks
Old 06-11-2010, 03:26 PM
phillyD

H
ORIGINAL: petey3

I'll try all that this evening. I am using the stock transmitter for the moment. I'll get a DX6I next month. For now I just want to get it up in the air. I'll keep you posted on the progress.

Thanks
Hey Bro do the set up with the hov.pit and pit. trim knobs at 12 o clock. Then adjust them from there.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:01 PM
Disney1

Petey3:
PhillyD can help you better with a stock TX/RX, my instructions are strictly fir the DX series TX/RX
Ron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.