Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

TS3 Is Coming

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

TS3 Is Coming

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Jerry Dunlap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TS3 Is Coming

The AquaCraft TS3 tunnel boat is scheduled for a mid-summer release. The TS3 has been in development for the past 3 years and is a completely different boat than the TS2. It will include a complete Grim Racer Hardware Package, elevated fuel tank, and watertight radio box.

Over the past three years, the TS3 has won national tunnel boat events in 20 Stock, 20 Mod, and Fast Electric classes.

Jerry Dunlap
AquaCraft Models Consultant
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54999.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	300.4 KB
ID:	1449704  
Old 06-07-2010, 08:02 PM
advanced builder

Default RE: TS3 Is Coming

Jerry ,I used to love your article back in the Radio Control Boat Modeler magazine days. I traded all my mags to Joe Petro for a Zippkit Rigger. last year. I must of read every one 2-3 times . now that there gone I miss them. Glad to see your still around , here!!
Old 06-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Blackout

Jerry,

Will the TS3 be fiberglass?

Thanks.
Old 06-07-2010, 09:58 PM
Jerry Dunlap

ORIGINAL: Blackout

Jerry,

Will the TS3 be fiberglass?

Thanks.
Yes, it is a fiberglass hull and fiberglass cowling.

JD
Old 06-07-2010, 11:18 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I have an idea that this one was concieved from Mike's Villain kit so it should be able to handle modded motors. If so, I can see where AquaCraft would change the name to avoid any confusion with the other brands boat.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:58 AM
kroggs

For a guy thats been out of the scene for a while how will this compare to the VS1. I just run for fun with a few budys but like to go fast and have some reliability. Which one would be better choice for handleing and tuning? I more then likely will throw a OS on it. Thanks Kevin.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:23 AM
gettnbetter

Looking good! I'm glad to see tunnels are still popular and there is still on-going development. I remember seing your name all over many of the plans in many of my old wood boat projects. I spent many fun hours building up your boats. I'm almost finished painting up a new VS1 and a mid-summer release of the TS3 would be perfect for a new hull project!! Thanks for all your past and present work Jerry.

Personally, I've always wanted a more realistic looking champboat and F1 hulls. I'd like to see an optional Mercury engine cowl and additional nose and center shapes. I could just make up my own but many unique pre-made cowls would give folks options, more for Aquacraft to sell. The latest F1 race in Portugal had 3 or 4 different hull types and hopefully champboat racing gets started soon, there is bound to be a couple new designs there too.
Old 06-08-2010, 05:09 AM
GRANT ED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With the TS3 coming out what will happen to the VS1? Why would I choose one over the other? What are they designed for?
Old 06-08-2010, 08:25 AM
Jerry Dunlap

ORIGINAL: GRANT ED

With the TS3 coming out what will happen to the VS1? Why would I choose one over the other? What are they designed for?
The VS1 will continue to be available. Here's how I using the two boats: my VS1 with my O.S. Outboard, my TS3 with my CMB 21 Outboard.

The TS3 provides another choice for the model tunnel boat enthusiast.

JD
Old 06-08-2010, 09:00 AM
Russ Williamson

VS1 is all wood hull. Great for sport .21 outboard "stock engine" racing. TS3 is all fiberglass, great for FE, mod and sport .21 racing. LiPos fit real nice in the hull
Just a matter of wood vs fiberglass, whichever you prefer.

VS1 will be around for a long time. Ideally you have both the VS1 and TS3. VS1 is wicked fast on sligtht ripple to glass water. TS3 can handle a little rougher water than most and can handle more weight (for LiPos than most hulls could ever handle.

Thanks,
Russ

Old 06-08-2010, 09:24 AM
tnltyme

Good to hear some tunnel talk since that's what I'm mainly into and just finished a VS1(although, I want to paint the cowling sometime).... A little ripple does make it scoot......
Old 06-10-2010, 07:57 AM
GRANT ED

ORIGINAL: Russ Williamson

TS3 is all fiberglass, great for FE,
TS3 can handle a little rougher water than most and can handle more weight (for LiPos than most hulls could ever handle.

Thanks,
Russ

Cool, so does that mean someone is FINALLY going to produce an FE ARF tunnel? [8D]
Old 06-10-2010, 08:20 AM
Russ Williamson

TS3 is an ARF and can be either FE or Nitro. It has won many FE Tunnel class races, including the tunnel worlds in S.C.

Russ

ORIGINAL: Russ Williamson

TS3 is all fiberglass, great for FE,
TS3 can handle a little rougher water than most and can handle more weight (for LiPos than most hulls could ever handle.

Thanks,
Russ

Cool, so does that mean someone is FINALLY going to produce an FE ARF tunnel? [8D]
Old 06-12-2010, 02:04 AM
GRANT ED

Will it be coming with a aquacraft supplied electric outboard setup?
Old 06-12-2010, 05:42 PM
kroggs

What can I expect for a price?
Old 06-12-2010, 05:59 PM
Ron Olson

You're probably going to get the same stuff or close to it that you'd get with a Top Speed 2 or VS-1. I'd expect combo deals from Tower.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:00 PM
Serpents Den

As of today, still no release date, Tower hobbies is saying early august now...
Old 08-10-2010, 11:22 PM
Serpents Den

they are finally in!!!   got mine being sent already from tower hobbies
Old 08-11-2010, 09:23 AM
joseywales

Now wait a min. I would use the higher power engine like CMB in the VS-1 because its wood=alittle bit heaver hull. Plus that hull would take a better beating then the TS3 hull. Would rather use the TS3 as a sport boat. Unless the fiberglass layup is good/great. Then it can be used in racing.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:32 AM
Ron Olson

The TS-3 I believe was made from the boat that Mike raced in te mod motor class whereas the VS-1 was his stock motor boat.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:06 AM
Jerry Dunlap

ORIGINAL: joseywales

Now wait a min. I would use the higher power engine like CMB in the VS-1 because its wood=alittle bit heaver hull. Plus that hull would take a better beating then the TS3 hull. Would rather use the TS3 as a sport boat. Unless the fiberglass layup is good/great. Then it can be used in racing.
The VS1 is intended to be run using a stock engine. The fiberglass construction of the TS3 will take more abuse than the wood VS1. I've raced and on occasion crashed both designs during the past two years - the VS1 in 20 Stock Tunnel with O.S. 21 and the TS3 in 20 Mod Tunnel with CMB RS 21.

JD
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82199.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	1482495   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85824.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1482496  
Old 08-11-2010, 02:52 PM
joseywales

Now Jerry have you or Mike ever used that VS1 in 20 mod class racing? Your saying your TS3 can take a better beating then the Vs1? If that TS3 has the same fiberglass layup as the miss vegas,I say I dought it will take a better beating then the VS1. Unless its made from carbon fiber? or got some carbon fiber peices into it? murphy law, in power to weight ratio,If the boat is heavyer you would use a more powerfull engine to compercate for the weight. A lighter boat doesnt need that much power unless you want to build a rocket? I'm not no tunnel hull man,but think the VS1 has some highprotentials. The TS3 I do like the jetfighter bubble cockpit window on it.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:37 PM
Jerry Dunlap

ORIGINAL: joseywales

Now Jerry have you or Mike ever used that VS1 in 20 mod class racing?
Your saying your TS3 can take a better beating then the Vs1? If that TS3 has the same fiberglass layup as the miss vegas,I say I dought it will take a better beating then the VS1. Unless its made from carbon fiber? or got some carbon fiber peices into it? murphy law, in power to weight ratio,If the boat is heavyer you would use a more powerfull engine to compercate for the weight. A lighter boat doesnt need that much power unless you want to build a rocket? I'm not no tunnel hull man,but think the VS1 has some highprotentials. The TS3 I do like the jetfighter bubble cockpit window on it.
If the VS1 were a good boat to race in Mod 20, both Mike and I would be racing it in that class. Neither of us do. So, you can draw your own conclusion on that. And, yes I have seen an experienced model boat racer attempt to run a VS1 with a mod 20 engine. He is no longer doing so.

From personal experience, I know a VS1 wood hull will break apart easier than the fiberglass TS3 hull. Unfortunately, been there, done that.

JD

Old 08-11-2010, 08:16 PM
moparbarn

the vs1 & the original kit villains are lighter than the ts3. i know, i compared them at the 2009 WTC. the weight is needed to handle the extra power & speed of a mod motor. plus, the vs1/villain was DESIGNED as a stock/sport hull from the outset. when mike z./grimracer had power surge racing, he designed the nemesis as a mod tunnel, at the same time he was selling the original villain kits. bet he had a good reason [8D]............
Old 08-11-2010, 08:56 PM
Jerry Dunlap

ORIGINAL: moparbarn

the vs1 & the original kit villains are lighter than the ts3. i know, i compared them at the 2009 WTC. the weight is needed to handle the extra power & speed of a mod motor. plus, the vs1/villain was DESIGNED as a stock/sport hull from the outset. when mike z./grimracer had power surge racing, he designed the nemesis as a mod tunnel, at the same time he was selling the original villain kits. bet he had a good reason [8D]............
I have 11 oz. of lead on my VS1/O.S. 21 boat to keep it on the water during racing conditions. If I wanted to row after the boat, I could run less weight and finish fewer heats.

On my TS3/CMB RS 21, I'm running 7 oz. of lead.

JD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.