Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Redcat Backdraft 8E vs Redcat Earthquake 8E

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2010, 08:32 AM
dialtone74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redcat Backdraft 8E vs Redcat Earthquake 8E

Looking to to get one of these 2 1/8 scale Buggies. Does anyone know the difference between the 2 of them? I know they look different but I am looking for the guts of it. My buddy is going to get the one I don't get. We were wondering if the parts were the same on the two beside the cosmetics. Any help is appreciated! Mark

Old 03-07-2010, 02:01 PM
genitor

Default RE: Redcat Backdraft 8E vs Redcat Earthquake 8E

There is a lot of info on these in the redcat forum.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Chizzler

The Backdraft /Aftershock /Earthquake all share the same chassis. The parts are virtually all the same. I just converted my Backdraft to a SC truck (using parts from the aftershock). They are very similar.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:05 AM
1/16 man

redcat goes to a sponsor, I though the above poster was stating that this was his link, my appologies..

Old 06-13-2010, 05:41 AM
TIGER76

ORIGINAL: 1/16 man

ORIGINAL: genitor

There is a lot of info on these in the redcat forum.
People like you make me sad..
Why bother spamming when you can actually be a benefit to forums?
I have reported your post and hopefull the mods will sort you out.

I am new and am looking into the BackDraft 8, but in the BDS form.
We currently do not have any Redcat products available in Australia for sale from memory.
Hopefully I will find more info on this car re reviews on this forum, rather than useless spam as the above mentioned..

LOL For what??? maybe the OP didnt realise there WAS a redcat sub forum as he would get better advice and feedback in there,the usuall response to these posts are spend a bit more and buy a better brand at least in the redcat forum they could advise him on his purchase

As for reporting him
Old 06-13-2010, 05:53 AM
1/16 man

That link goes to no sub forums, just another online shop, how is that not spam??
Hence my post..

I take it you do not thoroughly understand this?
I hate spammers, and if the guy that posted the link that goes to an online shop which should be REDCAT info, well who knows if it was genuine or not.
See there is not much info on REDCAT atm, so useless links like that need to go, simple really..

As for you statement on, " you get what you pay for", tell you what mate, show me a good car that does not fail, and I will show you a cheap 1 that does not fail either.
Brand loyalist need to step off their high chairs for a couple of seconds, to see there are good value cheaper alternatives, for people who just want to bash...

I almost got a Losi Strike, oh how bad that descion would have been, so my eyes are set on a BSD8 land stripper aka backdraft..

I dont give a rats ass, I am not out to spend 1K for a basher, $400 AUD is fine for me..

EDIT..

OK Isee what is going on, I will edit my last post too...

Everytime the name Redcat is mention, it is a link to a sponsor, hence my previous post of spam..

Old 06-13-2010, 06:14 AM
TIGER76

No worries 1/16

link for the redcat forums here

[link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_427/tt.htm]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_427/tt.htm[/link]
Old 06-13-2010, 06:19 AM
1/16 man

Cheers thanks I think I might have read it already, will look, but can never have enough info on these cars..

Yes they are cheap, no they are no indestructible, but for me with a budget of $400 AUD, its the cheapest way for me to get back into 1/8 RC ..

EDIT, that looks like what Ihave been looking for, thx d00d, much appreciated..

Old 06-13-2010, 09:00 AM
genitor

Lol, I just saw this thread again. I didn't realize what a fuss my post had raised.

I was not spamming, when you type redcat RCU automatically makes it a link to some site.

I apologize for not posting the link to the actual redcat sub-forum, in retrospect I should have done that.
I was just pointing the OP in the direction where he could get more information.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:56 AM
Specialzed
Banned
My Feedback: (2)

This thread is funny, why so serious in the first place 1/16th? Anyway go for the redcats I was considering them a while ago but I didnt quite go through with it, they are the best bang for the buck.
Old 06-13-2010, 10:16 AM
dialtone74

Time to shut this thread down!!
Old 06-13-2010, 04:10 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: 1/16 man
As for you statement on, '' you get what you pay for'', tell you what mate, show me a good car that does not fail, and I will show you a cheap 1 that does not fail either.
Brand loyalist need to step off their high chairs for a couple of seconds, to see there are good value cheaper alternatives, for people who just want to bash...

yes and no as for you get what you pay for. That statement is completely true for nitro vehicles (Yes I know this is about an electric). Now for electrics its a little more of a gray area (specifically in the brushless motor/esc, and radio area)

For a basher HPI or traxxas is usually best bet. They have been proven to be rugged, take a pile of abuse, and parts are extremely esy to find for the most part. Redcats even from reviews seem more prone to trouble, and parts are no where near as easy to locate(unless you order from redca themselves, and pray they have stock), and there's 0 aftermarket support from other companies where as HPI Traxxas and others have parts made by RPM, and others to back em up where their vehicles shows design weaknesses.

I've read posts from a quite a few people who have owned redcats and after 2-3 weeks of use never used them again due to the poor quality. Hell I almost bought a redcat as my 1st RC till I read a post on the redcat forum saying to fix issues get certain parts from HPI, Traxas, Kyosho, and a few others as they could be made to fit. So I figured why in the world would I buy a RC I'd have to pump a ton of cash into to make work instead of spend a little more on a better one, or buy a used one cheaper.

Remember people do sell used RC's for less than that shiny new redcat costs.

I will be honest I've been tempted to buy a redcat cause I do like how some of them look but their bad reputations (and poor reviews if you read between the lines of the redcat sponsored reviewers) has kept me away. From posts I've read its either you get a lemon (more likely) or a good vehicle.

But like I said my opinion is based on a few weeks of research I did into the subject before I got into RC's not 1st hand experience with their products.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:39 PM
1/16 man

ORIGINAL: Specialzed

This thread is funny, why so serious in the first place 1/16th? Anyway go for the redcats I was considering them a while ago but I didnt quite go through with it, they are the best bang for the buck.
Not serious, more in a panic for solid info as I am buying my BSD8E tomorrow.
I passed up a Traxxas Rustler for $400 AUD, which came with plenty of extras, buty I realized I did not want to buy intro some one elses prblems.

Could have had a E revo 1/16 for $260, but the idea of new 1/8 at $400 seems like better value.
I have access to a freinds work shop which has a multitude of machines..
Metal is in abundant su[pply as well..

As for spare parts, the shop Iam buying from has the spares.
Its local, about 15 mins from me.
I am sure if anything drastic happens, my mates factory and my LHS will be of help..

I have an old Nanda 1/8 nitro, engine is shat, Revo, gear box stuffed, and a 1/16th well, spur is stripped..

I just want some thing basic to work on, and some thing that actually runs..

I know BSD is renamed redcat, so while I am getting a BSD, its still reedcat in some form.
I can get oplenty of parts so all should be good.
I will also get 2 5000 ma 2s lipos from HK for about $60 AUD delkivered.
Good value from what I can see, and Alis videos have swayed me some what..

I just cant see the extra money spent on a better RC brand, say $700 plus, cause thats 1/5 territory, and thats my next car..