Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Red Lion 58cc

Old 06-14-2010, 07:49 AM
FlyerRick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red Lion 58cc

Just got my Red Lion 58cc engine ready for it's first fire and was doing a prelim check of the motor...the "low speed needle" setting was at 1 1/4 turn out and the "hi speed needle" was at 1 3/4 turns out. I don't think this is right? The manual calls for the standard setting of 4 turns out on the "low" and 2 1/3 turn on the "hi". Doe's anyone know or have experence with the Red Lion? Now this is a new engine and needs break-in? I have emailed Red Lion but haven't herd back as of yet. Any help will be fully appreciated! [sm=confused.gif]
Old 06-14-2010, 08:03 AM
aussiesteve

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Red Lion 58cc

A starting point of 1 1/2 to 2 turns out on both needles will get pretty much any engine running. Chances are that the engine has been test fired by the factory and they set the needles roughly for you. The settings you have given are close to what I would expect to see.
Prime it and run it, you will no doubt need to fine tune it anyway.