Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

National Jet Center?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

National Jet Center?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 04:06 PM
scalebirdman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: National Jet Center?

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: JetCenterUSA
We also think that if possible, the facility should be for jet related activities only and especially be careful not to open up for the old fart peanut gallery that tends to dominate most clubs. The guys who don't fly, but think because of their advanced age that they know how a club should be run. The idea would be that the activities are based around flying, and not geriatric politics.
So what happens when your initial batch of jet guys get older and their eyesight and reflexes deteriorate, so they decide to hang up their jets and want to fly something slower ? Are you gonna tell them they can no longer fly at the site they funded just because jets are now too much for them ? Or will you end up effectively convincing guys to keep flying jets (because that's all you're allowing) long after they themselves know they are unsafe ?

Gordon
Gordon, I was out at a small local jet rally last year, and half the guys flying had no business flying anything near a jet in performance. IMHO AMA needs some sort of ongoing instructor sign-off to allow these guys to keep their turbine waiver, and many should never have gotten one in the first place.
Old 06-15-2010, 04:13 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

ORIGINAL: dos007

Forget the bugs and dry heat...go to the Florida panhandle! We can have free oil for the turbines, just scoop it off the beach!
that was cruel!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 05:09 PM
victorzamora

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: scalebirdman

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

ORIGINAL: JetCenterUSA
We also think that if possible, the facility should be for jet related activities only and especially be careful not to open up for the old fart peanut gallery that tends to dominate most clubs. The guys who don't fly, but think because of their advanced age that they know how a club should be run. The idea would be that the activities are based around flying, and not geriatric politics.
So what happens when your initial batch of jet guys get older and their eyesight and reflexes deteriorate, so they decide to hang up their jets and want to fly something slower ? Are you gonna tell them they can no longer fly at the site they funded just because jets are now too much for them ? Or will you end up effectively convincing guys to keep flying jets (because that's all you're allowing) long after they themselves know they are unsafe ?

Gordon
Gordon, I was out at a small local jet rally last year, and half the guys flying had no business flying anything near a jet in performance. IMHO AMA needs some sort of ongoing instructor sign-off to allow these guys to keep their turbine waiver, and many should never have gotten one in the first place.
There's a thread on possibly updating the Waiver Process. You're not alone in thinking that.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:10 PM
keithtsr
My Feedback: (3)

New Mexico. Dry climate good weather lots of open areas. I know where there is about 10,000 acres.
Old 06-15-2010, 06:47 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: FalconWings

ORIGINAL: dos007

Forget the bugs and dry heat...go to the Florida panhandle! We can have free oil for the turbines, just scoop it off the beach!
that was cruel!!!
I think you mean Crude not cruel!
Old 06-15-2010, 07:25 PM
JetCenterUSA

At this point I'd like to thank for the input here. Especially the direct emails have been very helpful in determining which direction to go with this. So, I'll be checking out of this thread.
Next step is the behind the scenes work with the people who has shown strong interest in getting something started and make the Jet Facility a reality.
What is almost sure, is that it will not be a "National Jet Center" as originally envisioned. There are simply to many opinions from all sides to ever get to a point where the work could even be started. But, that just opened up for other talks, and now the project will more likely be a private club founded by a small number of investors who wants a world class facility for events and everyday flying
I anyone else would have interest in discussing ownership, please email us. I will keep updates coming when more progress is made.
Thank you
Eric
Old 06-15-2010, 08:22 PM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Sounds like a great idea amigo. I'm sure if you build it.....we will come.

good luck
Old 06-15-2010, 09:03 PM
Bob.R
My Feedback: (2)