Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora 9Ch, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 10:40 AM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aurora 9Ch, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.

I'm not "AT", but I can tell you from HARDLearned experience.....ANY model you select in your TX will CONTROL**ANY**RX that you have bind-ed(bound?) to that TX in the mode that it was bound in.
In other words, my heli crash a couple weeks ago was EXACTLY due to ***ME***not catching that I had HELI 2 selected when I needed HELI 1, and they both had identical Optima 7 RX's.

Lesson Learned.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:25 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora 9Ch, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.

ORIGINAL: misha034 one question for AT. I have followed instructions for binding and everything seems to work. but when I turn on second model, controls on both planes are working. is it ok? should only activ model controls move? best regards
AOK in"Normal Mode" but not in "Scan Mode". As with all other systems 27 <>75Mhz and 2.4Ghz except Spektrum which has a patented "Model match" and latest Sanwa/Airtronics using a similar system. The current system is good in that it alerts users to other models accidentally left turned on but provides for easy use of redundant transceivers. User is also asked to confirm Model Name at time Aurora is turned on.

Normal mode, (default) uses the same 20 channels as when it was bound. This has almost instantaneous linking time, and you can operate redundant RX's if needed.
Scan mode scans the band (79 channels) every time it turns on to pick the cleanest 20 channels to use. The link time is about 3-5 seconds, but you must cycle power if you lose power to either TX or RX (not brownout condition,) and you cannot use two RX's at the same time for redundancy

AFHSS - Normal & Scan Modes Explained includes Redundant (Dual) Receivers.
AFHSS - How To Select Optimum Channels - For Your Field
AFHSS - ID-Setup A.K.A, binding or linking & Range Testing Spectra Pro Module <> Optima Receiver

regards
Alan T.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:04 PM
misha034

thank you. I thought that it is same system like spectrum have.

what is purpose of binding, as it can see any receiver?

another question is:
when i am in scan mode, and turn transmitter off (without turning of receiver), fail safe reacts, and than i turn on transmitter but it can not reconnect to receiver.
when i turn it on servo's go crazy. this only happens in scan mode. in normal mode i can reconnect.
can somebody tell me what is wrong? (i have done binding after fail safe program)

thank you
Old 05-14-2010, 03:58 PM
misha034

WOW, now I have found this line (when nothing else helps you have to read user manual):

In the Scan Mode, if the transmitter or receiver has been shut off or disconnected for more than one second, both module and receiver need to re-boot (turn the power off, and back on) - thus ScanMode cannot be rebound in flight

so, this means that you can never get back control of model if there is some break in receiving signal that last more than second?

again, what is than purpose of two systems (scan and normal)? it seams that you have to do scan every first turning on that day, and after it scans, you have to turn it on normal.
is this so complicated for Hitec to do it automatically, or maybe my english is bad and i do not understand this properly?
Old 05-14-2010, 09:38 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: misha034 WOW, now I have found this line (when nothing else helps you have to read user manual):
In the Scan Mode, if the transmitter or receiver has been shut off or disconnected for more than one second, both module and receiver need to re-boot (turn the power off, and back on) - thus ScanMode cannot be rebound in flight so, this means that you can never get back control of model if there is some break in receiving signal that last more than second? again, what is than purpose of two systems (scan and normal)? it seams that you have to do scan every first turning on that day, and after it scans, you have to turn it on normal. is this so complicated for Hitec to do it automatically, or maybe my english is bad and i do not understand this properly?
Further to post#52 - as per Manual, Normal mode is the recommended mode for everday use.
Scan mode is for use in very 2.4RF noisy environments - even at large scale meetings Normal mode is used. If scan mode is used, then would use the SPC port to ensure no brown outs occur - If the Optima ever lost contact in sacn mode, then would seriously doubt any other system would have been able to survive/recover in same situation.
Easiest to understand explanation ofhow the AFHSSsystem operates is to watch what happens on the Spectrum Analyser and listen to the reviewer on the three video:
Hitec Spectra 2.4 GHz and Optima Transceiver (RX) - Review of AFHSS in operation Video 1 = Normal Mode, Video 2 = Scan Mode.
Hitec Spectra 2.4 GHz and Optima Transceiver (RX) - Review of AFHSS in operation -Video #3 = Answers to questions raised in above Videos 1 & 2. (post #2933 page 296 also refers.)

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual links often themselves updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 05-15-2010, 04:34 PM
misha034

AT thank you for fast response.
Old 06-05-2010, 05:08 PM
A.T.

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.
<hr size="1" style="background-color: #a7a7a7; color: #a7a7a7" />
Content updated and transferred to Post #72

This as RCU does not allow Edit/Update posts after 5 weeks (posts #2 , #39, #45, #49 & #57)

Inconvenience caused transferring to new post is regretted.

Alan Tong

Old 06-06-2010, 09:29 AM
notruthless

I'm setting up my first 50cc plane using a Hitec Aurora 9 / Optima 9 system. How do you go about programming a choke servo as "on/off"? Is the set-up the same for an optical kill switch? I'm assuming this is done via a P-mix in order to activate a switch once it is assigned, but I'm stumped on the best method of programming this.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Old 06-06-2010, 04:00 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: notruthless I'm setting up my first 50cc plane using a Hitec Aurora 9 / Optima 9 system. How do you go about programming a choke servo as "on/off"? Is the set-up the same for an optical kill switch? I'm assuming this is done via a P-mix in order to activate a switch once it is assigned, but I'm stumped on the best method of programming this. Thanks in advance, Chris
Not sure on interpretation of "choke servo"
To set an on/off switch to drive a servo from one fixed position to another =
Settings >System >Channel >(unused Channel say "Ch7 AUXx:NULL") >NULL >SEL >[Channel Control Select] two position switch say "G" > SET. Return to main menu or turn Aurora off.
Otherwise for variable position, assign a slider in lieu of switch
see also manual page 68.

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:03 PM
stefer

On my Aurora, I don't get to Channel from System, I see I can get to Channel from Model. The sequence would be Settings>Model>Channel> and then the rest of the sequence as in AT's previous message. Or is there something I am missing?

Steve
Old 06-07-2010, 10:59 PM
craigteffe
My Feedback: (24)

Links to tips, shortcuts, undocumented features, mixes etc. Basically anything that will help Aurora users maximise the use/programming of their radio. Please try and keep this thread on topic - start a new thread for any questions, programming, set up or features and the answer can be listed here as a simple link. (Content of thislist is regularly updated, asisindividual link content, with new information as Q&A arise.)
CANYOUGUYSNOTREAD!!!!!
Old 06-08-2010, 04:13 PM
stefer

It would seem to me if a tip is given as in the prior post by AT, to quote, "Settings >System >Channel >(unused Channel say "Ch7 AUXx:NULL") >NULL >SEL >[Channel Control Select] two position switch say "G" > SET. Return to main menu or turn Aurora off. " and that to get to the function on another radio the sequence is Settings>Model>Channel>(unused Channel say "Ch7 AUXx:NULL") >NULL >SEL >[Channel Control Select] two position switch say "G" > SET, that this would be the place to question whether that prior post. So I believe my question is still valid in this thread.
Old 06-13-2010, 04:07 PM
R/C 4 ever
My Feedback: (8)

Please tell me how to program the Aurora Nine for dual elevator servos. Doesn't seem to be in the manual for some unknown reason.
Thank You,
ChuckAtlanta,Ga.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:30 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: R/C 4 ever Please tell me how to program the Aurora Nine for dual elevator servos. Doesn't seem to be in the manual for some unknown reason. Thank You, ChuckAtlanta,Ga.
As per header this thread, "Please start a new thread for any questions, programming, set up or features and the answer can be listed here as a simple link."

Aurora A9 - Dual Elevator - Set Up.
"Go into the system menu and change wing type to 2AILE. Then go to the CHANNEL setting and add an additional AILE and AIL2 to any two channels. Also for now, change the ELE2 to ELEV for dual elevators. This then allows you to fine tune each aileron and elevator independently with the sub trim and EPA associated with that channel.'
as listed post #57 =
Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:47 PM
R/C 4 ever
My Feedback: (8)

Thank you Alan for the quick responce. I will diffently give that a try.

Chuck
Old 06-15-2010, 05:33 PM
victorzamora

This isn't completely accurate. Careful in reading this!!!
Old 06-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Bob Pastorello

If it isn't, you should tell us what you found.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:21 PM
victorzamora

I can only find a couple discrepancies, but one thing is that it says that the 10C is only capable of Mode 1, Mode 2, and 2 Programmable. Not true....it does all 4. Also, it says that Futaba has 40 steps of trim resolution. Futaba's trim resolution is adjustable up to 160 (I think). Also, they limit the 10C to 10 rates...but I'm pretty sure it's 15. Also, it claims no airbrake-to-elevator mixing. Untrue. Ail-to-rudder and rudder-to-aileron. I'm not sure which, but I'm sure it has at least one of those. Not false, but not completely fair: It says that there's no "Hovering Stick Position" settings on the 10C, but you can adjust both individually. Slight untruth, just aggravating.

I'm not completely sure about these, but I'm pretty sure these are accurate.
Old 06-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Heyrandy

Sorry if this has been addressed before but I have a Prism 7x with spectra 72 mhz module and was wondering if I could use it with the Auroro 9 that I have my eyes on?

Thanks!
Old 06-19-2010, 05:11 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: Heyrandy Sorry if this has been addressed before but I have a Prism 7x with spectra 72 mhz module and was wondering if I could use it with the Auroro 9 that I have my eyes on? Thanks!
Yes, as per
Aurora A9 - Trainer / Buddy system Master & Slave function Set-up

Regards
Alan T.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19533.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	1455478  
Old 06-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Bob Pastorello

Gents - it's been awhile since I posted anything here, just enjoying the snot outta the A9....recently, I setup a GPChapman Eagle 580, 100cc, from the ground up using an Optima 9. Thought I'd share a couple of "discoveries", at least for me, that made this SUPEREASY.
First, for the dual elevators, I used the standard dual elevator mixing built in .... very nice. made things very easy.
Second, and the "best" discovery for me was setting up the two-ailerons per wing....I used four channels, 6,7, 8, and 9, and made six "AILE", then just put ALLTHREEother channels on the same J1 axis. What this allowed was FULL mastered-mixing for knife edge, where RUDD>AIL. Setting it up this way allows ONEP-mix to be used.
The other benefit of this configuration is that matching aileron servos on a wing was a piece of cake. Since I used four channels, I had sub-trim available for each, as well as EPA, and it made it a BREEZE to setup.

I gotta say - this radio with it's assignable axis to channels (plus the way the Flight Conditions work) makes it the best damned value for $$$ that I've EVER spent in radios....and I've been in the game for almost 40 years.
Old 07-09-2010, 02:22 AM
A.T.

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.

Content updated and transferred to Post #77
This as RCU does not allow Edit/Update posts after 5 weeks (posts #2 , #39, #45, #49, #57 & #72)

Inconvenience caused transferring to new post is regretted.

Alan Tong
Old 07-30-2010, 03:39 PM
rs402931

Alan,

Thanks SOOO much for all those links.......guess i'll be busy reading forEVER....lol

thanks again
Bob S
Old 08-01-2010, 10:17 PM
magoo1340
My Feedback: (2)

I have just updated my Aurora 9 from 1.6 to 1.7 and wondering if anybody else that did this lost the RX battery icon on the main screen. I thought it was the radio so I went back to the older version and it works just fine. I REALLY like the touch screen lock on the new version but I like the abillaty to see my RX battery voltage better.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:02 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: magoo1340 I have just updated my Aurora 9 from 1.6 to 1.7 and wondering if anybody else that did this lost the RX battery icon on the main screen. I thought it was the radio so I went back to the older version and it works just fine. I REALLY like the touch screen lock on the new version but I like the abillaty to see my RX battery voltage better.
If changing Aurora to V1.07,user must also update the Spectra Module in orderto retain battery indicator on Aurora's screen..

Aurora A9 - Firmware Update V1.07 & Spectra Pro V2.0 - Effective 13Jul10.

Hitec Service Bulletins

Regards
Alan T.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.