Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

wren supersport

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

wren supersport

Old 06-13-2010, 01:41 PM
new2jets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: wren supersport

HERE ARE MY ECU SETTINGS[&o]

Idle 43,000
Stop 28,000
Accel delay 015 (original) now increased to 035 (to try and stop the problem, hasen`t worked)
Decel delay 010
Stability 050
Pump start Auto +1
Pump ramp 003

Old 06-13-2010, 02:05 PM
box55555

Hopefully Wren will get on the case and will let you know the outcome.

Also not sure how people think loctite is going to work at 600 degrees.
Old 06-13-2010, 03:28 PM
jason
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: new2jets

HERE ARE MY ECU SETTINGS[&o]

Idle 43,000
Stop 28,000
Accel delay 015 (original) now increased to 035 (to try and stop the problem, hase`t worked)
Decel delay 010
Stability 050
Pump start Auto +1
Pump ramp 003

Settings look fine (apart from the Accel delay of 35)

My money is still on knacked vaporiser sticks.

Send it back we need to know!

Jason
Old 06-14-2010, 02:55 AM
box55555

Hi Jason

Do you think mine is the same.

I have an identical problem, but my motor is only 22 flights and three practice starts since brand new.

The motor ran perfect until flight 19, then had 2 dead sticks on the trot. The final flight was very gingerly!! carried out with very careful use of throttle and it kept running.

If you slam the stick wide open it just about stays going with the high accel setting shown, but makes that strange noise as the revs slowly rise.

Rog K
Old 06-14-2010, 04:49 AM
Eddie P
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why is everyone trying so hard to limp an engine around and squeeze a diagnosis out sight unseen over the internet without just simply solving the problem by going to Wren? I have a Wren SS as well. Fortunately Wren USA was especially helpful in getting my fuel pump diagnosed as "dead" over the phone with few tests and I had a new one in a box on my doorstep and installed ASAP. Dang - you guys could almost drive to the Wren factory and just demo the issue right there and then, eh? Please don't risk flying a sick engine and your whole jet investment, just get it fixed.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:49 PM
box55555

Have contacted Wren UK by e mail and have sent additional info as requested. Still waiting for a reply.

Perhaps your Wren USA rep is a little quicker off the mark than ours. Will see. As for driving, in the UK a three hour each way trip is not to be taken lightly on our crowded roads and our fuel prices. Have visited the factory on previous occasion and they have been helpful.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:23 PM
Wren Turbines USA
My Feedback: (39)

Have you called them??
044-1709-877439

I'll forward this thread to Mike.

Old 06-14-2010, 04:06 PM
new2jets

ORIGINAL: Wren Turbines USA

Have you called them??
044-1709-877439

I'll forward this thread to Mike.

YES spoke to terry today he said could be ecu or broken fuel system inside said he was going to send me exploded view of engine by email not got it yet[&o]
Old 06-15-2010, 07:02 AM
Wren Turbines USA
My Feedback: (39)

After discussing this with Mike, we both feel it is an ECU problem. If you like, I can send you a loaner to experiment with.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:58 AM
Jim Cattanach

ORIGINAL: Wren Turbines USA

After discussing this with Mike, we both feel it is an ECU problem. If you like, I can send you a loaner to experiment with.
How crazy is that. Wren is about 100 miles away & Wren USA is offering to send an ECU across the atlantic.
Old 06-15-2010, 09:15 AM
Couch Potato

Yorkshire thrift.
Old 06-15-2010, 05:33 PM
justturbines

Check the RPM connector if this is faulty then you will get flame outs.

The HDT will say low RPM

Pete
Old 06-16-2010, 04:51 AM
David Gladwin

Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts

[/quote]

How crazy is that. Wren is about 100 miles away & Wren USA is offering to send an ECU across the atlantic.
[/quote]

This whole thread is bizarre unless I have missed something significant !

An exceptionally well designed and built engine malfunctions after running well. The designer and manufacturer is a phone call away. The Royal Mail will take the small box quickly and cheaply to Wren so they can and will solve the problem, quickly and they do not overcharge for servicing.

They will even look into it for you while you wait if you take it personally ! Yet we have two pages of the problem here with guys second guesssing the possible problems.

We even have an offer to send ECUs across the Atlantic.

My 3 Wrens , SS, 44 and XL 200, run perfectly, and no engine is better built than a Wren.

PLEASE give Wren the opprtunity to solve the problem, it could easily have been solved by now !

and surely, if an engine is not functioning perfectly it should not be flown until the problem is identified and rectified.

Or is there something I have missed ?

Regards,

David Gladwin.
Old 06-16-2010, 06:30 AM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well said David.

Chaitanya.
Old 06-16-2010, 11:42 AM
ron Sweeney

Hi David, I too have three wren turbines and would buy a fourth if I ever needed one but to over-simplify this situation would be to ignore quite a few problems that remain unresolved even with the assistance of Wren.
My 70 and SS have never given me a problem but my 44 gold has given me some grief after only a few runs resulting in a change of pump. I have personally witnessed some really frustrating episodes with my freinds SS. He is now using his third ecu which appeared to have cured his problem but this has re-appeared yesterday. After 5 uneventful flights with his new ecu he experienced flames from the exhaust during a medium throttle pass (an old problem) which resulted in a scorched tail. The frustration with this problem is that the turbine will run normally for a few flights and then emit flames from the exhaust without warning and the throttle control appears to be locked. Yes we have checked and changed the fuel sysytem. I even tried my SS ecu which has 42 hours on it and it ran perfectly. Ecu parameters have been changes without a resolution
Current thinking is that it might be the pump but my pal is so fed up with the insecurity and unpredictability that he has ordered a different turbine. And yes he has had assistance from Wren. My curiosity and thirst for an answer to this and all the other problems listed on this thread keep me interested in the solutions which I believe to be best resolved by the discussions on this thread. Ron.
Old 06-16-2010, 12:22 PM
lozza1965

ORIGINAL: new2jets

Just went and looked no screws missing that just seem to easy!
harry ,roger, me and now rob all live in cheltenham all with maybe ecu problems! scarey there won`t be a ecu to borrow.
looks like i will be speaking to wren too[&o]
box55555 and i fly together and our turbin problems are much the same on the same days bermuda triangle sounds like it

I too live in Cheltenham and my ECU's fine, if i see any of you lot near my workshop i'll let the dog out [:@][:@], best i don't mention Simjet ECU issues, Nige got a Spare Fuel pump if you need to borrow one as im using the Flightworks one with the SS.

lozza
Old 06-16-2010, 01:39 PM
ron Sweeney

Simjet ecu's???? isn't that a contradiction in terms. I have never had so much grief and frustration. Fantastic turbines and now I have a new Gaspar ecu I am hopeing my troubles will be over, but I digress, Ron.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:40 PM
new2jets

ORIGINAL: David Gladwin

[/quote]

This whole thread is bizarre unless I have missed something significant !

An exceptionally well designed and built engine malfunctions after running well. The designer and manufacturer is a phone call away. The Royal Mail will take the small box quickly and cheaply to Wren so they can and will solve the problem, quickly and they do not overcharge for servicing.

They will even look into it for you while you wait if you take it personally ! Yet we have two pages of the problem here with guys second guesssing the possible problems.

We even have an offer to send ECUs across the Atlantic.

My 3 Wrens , SS, 44 and XL 200, run perfectly, and no engine is better built than a Wren.

PLEASE give Wren the opprtunity to solve the problem, it could easily have been solved by now !

and surely, if an engine is not functioning perfectly it should not be flown until the problem is identified and rectified.

Or is there something I have missed ?

Regards,

David Gladwin.
[/quote]
spoke to wren but never seem to get much joy this engine has been back there 3 times in its warranty, somethink came lose inside ,had 3 fuel pumps and lost a lot of good flying days due to problems, which we don`t get many in the uk . its only got 16 hours run time and now i got to pay out more money to get it going again[&o]thats why its not gone back yet, because i`am wondering if its good money after bad.
cheer`s lozza but don`t think it`s the fuel pump.
ron i know how your mate feels might follow him down that road yet.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:35 PM
box55555

The dog can't get us both at once, so watch the shed door.

Old 06-16-2010, 03:42 PM
box55555

Have you guys seen the thread "problems with the throttle". Know its a turbo prop motor, but seems a similar problem.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:58 PM
David Gladwin

Received 141 Likes on 90 Posts

I hear what you guys are saying (although Ron seems to have changed his views somewhat !) but I still feel that the best people to solve the problem are Wren and I'm very surprised to hear that they have not, to date, fixed it. because they have such an excellent reputation for customer service.

I absolutey believe that any engine which is not consistently operating normally is not fit for flight and 'flamers' can cause internal damage which could lead to premature and possibly catastrophic failure of the engine itself as well as damage to the tailpipe which could also lead to premature failure with consequent fire.

Perhaps, too, it could have beeen said at the beginning of the thread that it had been back to Wren 3 times. A response here from Wren could well have followed and the problem fixed, they are probably more intersted that anyone in solving the mystery !

If after 3 returns to Wren and the problem STILL persists you should not be paying again !

Regards, David
Old 06-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Forgues Research
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: box55555

Have you guys seen the thread ''problems with the throttle''. Know its a turbo prop motor, but seems a similar problem.

Ya that's me with the Turbo prop wren 54 with the same problem

Roger
Old 06-17-2010, 12:00 AM
Jim Cattanach

ORIGINAL: David Gladwin

I hear what you guys are saying (although Ron seems to have changed his views somewhat !) but I still feel that the best people to solve the problem are Wren and I'm very surprised to hear that they have not, to date, fixed it. because they have such an excellent reputation for customer service.

I absolutey believe that any engine which is not consistently operating normally is not fit for flight and 'flamers' can cause internal damage which could lead to premature and possibly catastrophic failure of the engine itself as well as damage to the tailpipe which could also lead to premature failure with consequent fire.

Perhaps, too, it could have beeen said at the beginning of the thread that it had been back to Wren 3 times. A response here from Wren could well have followed and the problem fixed, they are probably more intersted that anyone in solving the mystery !

If after 3 returns to Wren and the problem STILL persists you should not be paying again !

Regards, David
The guy is having similar service problems with Wren as I have had recently. I had excellent customer service in previous years, but since Sara & Roger left, it has deteriorated. I thought it was just me. Seems not. Amongst other things, I had a falling out with them over their charges recently & that was the end for me. I will not be buying any more Wrens. Merlins product appears more up to date & of good quality. I may move to them.
If you cannot get the service you require, I use rescue turbinen in Germany for my Wren servicing & they are excellent.

http://www.ukpraezitec.de/default_e.html
Old 06-17-2010, 06:13 AM
The Bush

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

]

The guy is having similar service problems with Wren as I have had recently. I had excellent customer service in previous years, but since Sara & Roger left, it has deteriorated. I thought it was just me. Seems not. Amongst other things, I had a falling out with them over their charges recently & that was the end for me. I will not be buying any more Wrens. Merlins product appears more up to date & of good quality. I may move to them.
If you cannot get the service you require, I use rescue turbinen in Germany for my Wren servicing & they are excellent.

http://www.ukpraezitec.de/default_e.html
[/quote]

I must say it does seam strange that Wren UK are now very slow / quiet or don’t answer or reply to Wren related issues voiced on public forums, it seams its left to Ron Ballard of Wren USA to reply to any problems. I have three Wrens so am a little concerned as to what goes on now at Wren UK.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:22 AM
Duncan

I agree that things have certainly changed since Sara's departure, but i sent my supersport in to be balanced last tuesday (arrived wednesday at Wren) and got it back on Friday ready for flying at the weekend. You can't get much quicker service than that !!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.