Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Nitro Boats
Reload this Page >

Central NEW YORK boaters

Notices
Speed - RC Nitro Boats For all your rc nitro fuel burning boating needs.

Central NEW YORK boaters

Old 06-14-2010, 10:00 AM
advanced builder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central NEW YORK boaters

We are looking for RC boater's in and around CNY . please send me a email or a PM. WE NEED BOATERS ALL ARE WELCOME If it floats
http://www.stnyrcmbc.com/1.html
Old 06-15-2010, 04:04 AM
Chynewalker

Default RE: Central NEW YORK boaters

Wish you were a little closer - I'm in the 1000 Islands and we're few and far between up here...
Old 06-15-2010, 04:19 AM
idocdave09
My Feedback: (1)

I live the other way in Western New York not many here either.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:20 AM
advanced builder

docdave09 We have boaters that come from Buffalo & Canada . I was invited to race in Canada this weekend . Northern lights model boat club.org
Chynewalker we are test running this weekend in Fayetteville.NY SAT around 10:00 BRING YOUR BOAT stop on down
We have some of the most dedicated rc boaters you will find , You need help we are there. I am a newbie 3 rd time down. I feel at home now
Goggle map search Brang Real estate 7050 Cedar Bay Rd .Fayetteville.NY 13066
Joe Petro is bring some type of engine software that you can download back onto you computer. LOL
Old 06-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Blackout

I'm still boating, just haven't made time to get to an Elmira race. Too many hobbies... But, I have two sons that will be racing with me once we get the boats sorted and such. I finally got the Speedmaster .45 running and next is the JAE .21. These are the two boats that we will learn to race on. Below is a video of my backyard pond and breaking-in the O.S. 46vx-m. The pond will be lengthened 175 ft more this summer.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phrFsgtZO7c&feature=channel[/youtube]
Old 06-17-2010, 06:41 PM
FurnalFlyer

I am looking to start racing next year... I will be trying to come to the next race in July to get a feel of it and to see what I need.
Old 06-17-2010, 08:31 PM
PropCircles

FurnalFlyer - Great to hear you may be coming down to the next race. I just started racing last year - had a few good runs and also took out a few bouys. This year has been better (so far).

Blackout - Boat looks like it runs well! Hope you can make it down to Elmira soon.

Even if you're not ready race yet, it's a great group of people and always a good time.

Hope to see you both there.

Bob
Old 06-18-2010, 12:27 AM
advanced builder

Bob, Thank you for having me share your setup tables & as well as kind generosity. Your hospitality has made me feel at home. As a old/new boater ,its great to have all the RC knowledge for help and advice. We need you all to be " Race of Champions "Craig your hull ,lookin good We have very few boats in the 45 class. Looks like your pond is rid of muskrats. I still laugh about that varmint rid ideals you received . That post is a classic. It may have been on the IW site
You do need a IMPBA membership card to run.
Which is also insurance should anything happen in the pit or launch area.
Old 06-19-2010, 11:18 AM
zeroskin76
My Feedback: (2)

hey guy my name is zero
ive been into rc everything for years and just got my first nitro boat
ive had swamper buggs and hover craft before but boats truely rock
i live in $%(*&^&utica and wondered if im allowed to launch boat powered by nitro in the canal here or anywhere in utica

my boat is also quite weak but i plan on doing a build of a budwiser hydro powered by a k&b 7.5 outboard ive been hoarding for years would appreciate any plans ideas for hulls available or info on really good kits no rtr crud please

also would like a race buddy near utica although im sure id be outclassed in my proboat formula 27 fastech it would still be fun to try

please contact me at zeroskin76 at yahoo with anything that might intrest me or any intresting spots to run on clear water

sorry i dont really use this forum often in usually at the other major site
Old 06-19-2010, 04:34 PM
advanced builder

Zero, WELCOME , you've got some fine boaters close to you .
Old 06-19-2010, 05:47 PM
Joe Petro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Zero,

There are a few boaters in the Utica area.
We usually run at Hinckley, below the dam. It tends to get crowded with kayaks and canoes this time of year though...

Today we went over to Fayetteville with Advanced Builder and ran at the test pond there.
What a site! Really a nice pond to test in. Only 45 minutes or so from Utica.

Shoot me an email for more info- joe at zippkits dot com.

Advanced,

Thanks for helping me today! Had a great time!

Joe
Old 06-28-2010, 08:29 AM
bigstang

damn im only about an hr east of u guys in utica and i live in Gloversville or a min away from Fonda.
i just bought A 7.5 outaboard lat cap 2 about a month ago. what i should have done and stuck to my guns on only electric boats but this has been a fun boat so far.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:34 AM
idocdave09

ORIGINAL: zeroskin76

hey guy my name is zero
ive been into rc everything for years and just got my first nitro boat
ive had swamper buggs and hover craft before but boats truely rock
i live in $%(*&^& utica and wondered if im allowed to launch boat powered by nitro in the canal here or anywhere in utica

my boat is also quite weak but i plan on doing a build of a budwiser hydro powered by a k&b 7.5 outboard ive been hoarding for years would appreciate any plans ideas for hulls available or info on really good kits no rtr crud please

also would like a race buddy near utica although im sure id be outclassed in my proboat formula 27 fastech it would still be fun to try

please contact me at zeroskin76 at yahoo with anything that might intrest me or any intresting spots to run on clear water

sorry i dont really use this forum often in usually at the other major site
I run my gas boat in the canal in Middleport a ways west of you.Dave
Old 06-30-2010, 09:04 PM
Serpents Den

My brother and i live in syracuse, both of us avid RC'ers...both of us have a ton of planes and heli's in our hangars.  i also have a few cars, one nitro, the rest electric and sadly sitting pretty on a shelf.  both of us recently picked up new boats.  my brother's been playing with a few over the years....atm he's now working on an os .21 modded Miss Vegas with a stock radio.....i just picked up a used stock TC31 and have it all gutted for a refinishing, and rebuild, and will be using the new spektrum dx3s and mr3000 reciever....both of us hoping to get them ready for the water very shortly.... atm we have a very large cow pond in weedsport we have access to for short runs, but for all out fun, we've been looking for somewhere closer that'll give us some larger water to play with....
Old 07-01-2010, 07:02 AM
advanced builder

Serpents Den ,Welcome I run a lot closer than Weedsport. Year's ago the Old Syracuse Nitro Burners ,used to run here. 7050 Cedar Bay Road, Fayetteville, New York
Me and a few friends run there Private property. Donald Brang (owner) has been kind to the RC boaters . Let me know when your ready to run we can meet up. At present I am running 3 hulls the Aeromarine Mean Machine 18. with a .21 picco , 2 Zippkit Riggers the .12 &.21 I was there on Monday with Joe Petro & Dick Thompson, the have a little 12 ' zippy retriever boat. I have a innertube. They run Gas ,thunderboats and a easy vee . 26 cc Zenoah I have 2 ready to run. give me a PM and we can plan a meeting.

Old 07-01-2010, 08:13 PM
advanced builder

We have a new receiver boat ,12' Sears ,with trolling motor .She need some TLC , first . I plan on keeping the boat at Don's pond, everyone will have a lock. There is a good tree close to the pond. I need to talk to Don about setting up a course. or race track. Wish me luck on that one. leaving a boat is one thing ,race track Will help us at the real thing. Serpents Den ,Thank you for the PM Yes any day off for you guys will be fine. This weekends is semi eaten up. Will get back to ya soon. I need to work on the new sears 12 alum
' transome's wood is shot.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:18 PM
Serpents Den

cool....well i just went and bought a cheap Aquacraft Atlantic Tug boat that i'll be using as a 'recovery' craft, also have a barely used Top Speed 2 with an OS .21Xm outboard, and a SuperVee 27 nitro on their way.....i guess i jumped into it with a bang....

Old 07-15-2010, 10:42 PM
advanced builder

We run on 10 o'clock Sat @ 7050 Cedar Bay Road, Fayetteville, New York I have 4 to run myself. Joe Petro, Dick Thomson they each have 2 gas hull. I run Nitro It my be down to 3 boats I just looked I need a remote needle. I can take the one off the .21 Zippkit Rigger to use. Don't like messing with my needle settings. Looks like A great day coming up . Come on down and CK out the ACTION.
Old 07-19-2010, 08:56 AM
advanced builder

Serpents Den, Thanks for stopping by. Glad to meet you. Keep in touch
Neil
Old 07-19-2010, 12:10 PM
Serpents Den

Im glad i had stopped by saturday and met everyone...seeing Joe's, yours and Rich(?)'s boats running put more fuel in the fire, cant wait to finish up on one of the boats and start puttingem in myself will be seeing ya laters....you'll have to let me know how things go in elmira for you all next week...

Brian
Old 08-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Serpents Den

finally, some pictures of the boats i have in progress: my Topspeed 2 with OS.21 ob and my TC31 (stripped down waiting on paint...)<hr />
also my green SV27 which will get new paint this winter, andRetrival boat, an Atlantic Harbor tug
<hr />
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tq48814.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	1478745   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh19365.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	1478746   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw68008.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	1478747   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mi21997.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	1478748  
Old 08-06-2010, 08:13 AM
advanced builder

Hello Brian, Glad to here from you. looks like you working on your boats ,Are you ready to run?? We are testing on Sunday. HA that tug look mean nice looking fleet . I been building the new hull Easy Vee . I did move right along .elbow grease .I am cutting here loose from the jig.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Serpents Den

nice, outta the 3 'fun' boats, only my SV will be ready maybe on sunday...i get to install my new adjustable trim tabs this weekend, add just a dab of epoxy on the nose where it ran into something (old owner),realign the motorto the flex shaft / stuffing tube....was never done and it is offa bit......check all the bolts, fuel and cooling system for leaks, everything else seems sound so far....props look ok havent checked balance yet.....thecat i havent been able to start glassing old holes closed yet (work's been keeping me busy and exhausted :P)....need to pick up some dowl to help with that part of the project so the re-marked mounting holes for the rudder dont get screwed up, and the holes for the autobailers for same reason....drain hole from mfr way too high lol

the tug, all i have to dois get my 'retrieval line' made for it, charge up a couple of old nimh packs that i have left over from my old rc car project ive neglected
Old 08-09-2010, 06:33 PM
advanced builder

Serpents Den , we met a new guy. Joe & Dick met the fella at the Cross Lake regatta. He said they run over near Military Circle ,some pond near a Office Park. I looked via Google map ,can't seam to find it. Dick & Joe's knowledge of boating and running characteristics is uncanny. I am lucky to have the guys around . See you soon We run in Elmira this weekend . I also have run at Gilly lake in Warners. You need a retrieval there
Old 08-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Serpents Den

hmmm...i'll have to look at military circle myself....warners, that's another place not too far from here also....i have some family living in the area there as well.....definitely worth looking into

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.