Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Kyosho Inferno Us Sports

Old 04-27-2010, 01:07 PM
REEGSf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho Inferno Us Sports

Hey Ridered73 , you need to find a track , it's much better on a track , trust me. The jumps are great , keeping the car on the track etc. is really great. Getting used to the track & gaining confidence by going faster & faster until you can drive with your eyes closed.
Watching your buggy take jumps , landing , taking corners, braking etc. makes you study it more & you'll make changes to suit your driving style etc.
The next thing will be changing diff oils, shock oils , shock springs and so on to improve the way the buggy handles etc.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:43 PM
ridered73

Yeah that would be a lot more fun. Hopefully I'll be able to find a track or two close to home
Old 05-21-2010, 07:14 AM
lez1troubles

Hi guys, any body know what the differences are between the Inferno MK2,MK3,MK4 and different types (U.S sport Type 1 and 2). I know about the different engines (GX.21 which is a great engine and the GXR.28 of which only half of them is great and the other half is a paper waight). There is also a colour difference and disign of the body but what else is there???
Old 05-30-2010, 01:09 PM
REEGSf

Hey Lez, what's up dude ?
You guys have been very quiet these days !!
I suppose all your cars are going well.
The question about the different infernos , I think they all have the same suspension etc . only the bodies & engines are different. I also think that the radios are also different . I think the inferno MP9 is the ultimate upgrade above the rest of the infernos.
later
Old 05-30-2010, 01:45 PM
lez1troubles

Hi Reegsf, nice to hear from you again. What up dude???
We had a long razce on yesterday from 10:00 in the morning til 16:00 in the afternoon just to see if one of these engines could stand up to being torchered for so long non stop. I used my tuned GX.21 and it went good the whole time. Nothing broken all day, not even a blown glow plug.That certainly confirms that this engine is well strong and can take ALOT of stress, no problemo. This 6 hour race was driven using 2 drivers swapping every hour. Had great fun, try it one day, it'll let you know how well you can set up a car.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:09 PM
REEGSf

Howzit Lez !!
I'll definetly try that some day.
That GX21 is alot better than the GXR28 I must say.
What's your secrets ?
Old 06-02-2010, 02:41 PM
lez1troubles

Tender luvin care and fast fingers
Old 06-02-2010, 10:30 PM
rufus2000

I'm getting one of the new inferno neos,
http://www.kyosho.com/eng/products/r...duct_id=106459

what do you guys think about it?

it has the GX21 engine in it, does anyone knoe what would be a good choice of glow plug for it when using 20% nitro ?

Old 06-03-2010, 02:49 AM
lez1troubles

Hi Rufus, nice to hear that your getting into the hobby. I also have the GX.21(3.5cc), it seems to run very well using O.S A3 and A5 glow plugs. Stay away from the ROSSI plugs, they suck with this engine. I have to say though that I'm using SIDEWINDER 25° racing blood.
If you need any more info just give use a shout and we'll help you out, no problemo.
Old 06-03-2010, 01:40 PM
REEGSf

So what tracks do you guys run on ? tight technical ? big jumps ? etc.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:37 PM
lez1troubles

Hi Reegsf,not to many big jumps but very fast and slippery hard pack sand unless I go to Kontich where there are jumps something like 6 meters high(thought about puting a parashoot on my buggy), there is also a huge section hill climbing an almost verticle mud cliff (+12m)gets good after a short shower, then theres this slippery clay that comes up and you end up with a low flying brick with buggy wheels. Good testing ground for your electrics. Normally I tape the boddy to the chassis though with duck tape and I made some mud shealds from an old tupperwear pot to put on the rear suspention arms, upper and lower. You can see them on the photos that you posted for me. Some times go to Holland and France to have a blast.
I need to order some new top soil for the track that I made with some friends here in Antwerpen because the winter pretty much destroyed it, lots of the smaller jumps just dissolved in the water after the snow melted. That was fun also.Bashing around on our track after making an American style super cross track with the snow[&:]cold but wicked. I like nice'n' wet muddy tracks because I can throw my buggy round corners drifting and then slamming through some of the deeper puddles aqua planing down the straight way( or some corners). I'll send you some pictures on of these days. I'm busy with a Red Bull Sk8 and BMX Freestyle contest thats on Saterday and Sunday this weekend so I will not have the time to go to the track athough it is right next to the skate park here in Antwerpen. Awsum park that was built é yearz ago, it has the biggest full pipe in Europe, might go for a bash there at night though when its M-T. I like taking my buggy with me on the job so if I get sent some where like Portugal or Norway I'm ready to rock as soon as I hit Land (I work on ships as a mechanic) Beaches of all kinds with sand or pebble surfaces I'll drag race against the clock just for the fun of it, chassing my dog is fun, thats how I chose my user name, my dogs name is Troubles and he's always trying to bite my wheels or spoiler, so Lez (thats me) wants Troubles (Lez1troubles) to leave my buggy alone or I'll put my foot up his jacksey. He's a mix between a Boxer and an American Staford, hyper active energy bomb that just wants to run and play all day
What about you, are you taking this hobby to the limets or are you just out for the fun of it like me???
Old 06-05-2010, 01:07 AM
rufus2000

Hi Lez, thanks for the tip regarding the glow plugs, I'll give them a try. Might also test the o'donell glow plugs as they're cheaper. Weather here is hot and quite humid so I wonder how would those work out.
Hopefully the buggy will get here in a few days, then onto the engine break-in...
Old 06-08-2010, 01:12 PM
REEGSf

Hi Lez. At the moment I'm just getting my cars sorted out. I now have two buggies which I plan on racing with. One with a Nova engine & the other with a O.S engine. I'm still running my O.S in & getting my radio replaced with a 2.4 ghz. I also have two monster trucks which I bash with as well. My cousin and I are gonna team up & race. I hope we don't end up in the same mains. [X(] . Racing gets a bit expensive as well. I think I need a sponsor
Old 06-08-2010, 02:25 PM
lez1troubles

Hi Reegsf, might actually be better to get to the A-main with your cousin, keep it in the family.
Hey Ridered73, what you up to nowdays???
Rufus, you'll find that the cheaper plugs will cost more in the end because they burn through quicker. There cheaper because the platinum(the spring coil) is thinner.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:04 AM
rufus2000

well I received my inferno neo today, nicely built rtr from the first impression.
don't have any nitro at hand and the local shop has run out so I will have to wait a bit to start the engine break in.

lez, I'll try to get a hand on the o.s. plugs. over here weather is hot and quite humid, wonder which one of those plugs would work best, I plant to use byron 20% nitro fuel.
the o.s. a3 is a hot plug, while the a5 is cold one...

which one would you guys think would work best for my situation?
Old 06-11-2010, 03:29 AM
lez1troubles

Hi Rufus, try the A5 and watch the temperature of your engine. Dont let it go abouve 120°C, for the break in keep your engine a bit richer than normal so that the extra fuel will clean out the engine of any debrise which will accumilate. During the break in you want a bit of fuel to drip out the stinger (thats the tip of your exhaust). Take your time and you'll have an engine that'll last a long time and run strong.
I think you have the GX.21(3.5cc) engine with the black cooling head. GREAT ENGINE, I have the one with the blue head. Super fast once its been moded by me(Tuned). Maybe later I'll tell you how I did mine, it's a killer, faster than my RB with long run times and hard top speed.
Good luck.
Old 06-11-2010, 06:32 AM
rufus2000

Hi Lez, yes I do have the GX21 with the black cooling head. I'd heard it was good, that was one of the main factors in getting this buggy. I was also planning on modding it, a friend of mine was going to help with that as I've never done that before. Would be interesting to see what you did. I think I'd do the mod once the engine break in is done and I can see the true performance of the stock engine, probably after the first or second gallon of fuel.
Some say a good first mod or upgrade is to just get a different pipe, what do you think about this?

I was also planning on changing the stock 2 shoe clutch for a 3 shoe, are you still running a 2 shoe in your modded engine?

I'm excited and can't wait to start, I will get my nitro hopefully today. I do have to travel some 50KM to the nearest town to get it, but still worth it... sunday is nitro day so I hope to be ready by then...
Old 06-12-2010, 11:45 AM
REEGSf

Hi Lez ,
The aluminium clutch shoes are the best for your nitro engine , right ? Faster acceleration etc.
Hey Rufus , take your time running that engine in. I broke a conrod because I didn't follow the run in procedure properly.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:31 AM
lez1troubles

Hi Reegsf. I am using clutch shoes that I make myself using old warn out ones, just file out the inside of your standard shoes until you can fit the springs from a 3 shoe clutch,I use the blue ones. they last for a long time befor having to be replaced because the sping that normally goes around the shoe is not there any more, try it. As 4 whether alu or composit I prefer the aluminium, they dont wear out as fast and dont cost as much.
Rufus, yes that is a good place to start, the pipe does alot to the performance of the engine, you could also just remove one of the head shims and go for a higher compression but dont do that until your engine is run in. Also when you get the chance check the inside of your differentials front, rear and center to make sure you have 4 planitery gears running, my buggy came with only 2 in each diff so I stuck in the extras to make them a bit stronger, also changed the clutch bell for 14 tooth to get some extra speed, works pretty well,
FIRST THING YOU SHOULD BUY THOUGH IS A FAIL SAFE, run aways are more fun when they happen to somebody else.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:32 AM
lez1troubles

Hi Reegsf. I am using clutch shoes that I make myself using old warn out ones, just file out the inside of your standard shoes until you can fit the springs from a 3 shoe clutch,I use the blue ones. they last for a long time befor having to be replaced because the sping that normally goes around the shoe is not there any more, try it. As 4 whether alu or composit I prefer the aluminium, they dont wear out as fast and dont cost as much.
Rufus, yes that is a good place to start, the pipe does alot to the performance of the engine, you could also just remove one of the head shims and go for a higher compression but dont do that until your engine is run in. Also when you get the chance check the inside of your differentials front, rear and center to make sure you have 4 planitery gears running, my buggy came with only 2 in each diff so I stuck in the extras to make them a bit stronger, also changed the clutch bell for 14 tooth to get some extra speed, works pretty well,
FIRST THING YOU SHOULD BUY THOUGH IS A FAIL SAFE, run aways are more fun when they happen to somebody else.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:01 AM
zaintlouis

Hi Lezhow are you guys doing here? hope you won't mind any where i could see you sports photos pls. i'd like to see what you guys did with your buggies : )
Old 06-24-2010, 02:39 AM
lez1troubles

Hi Zaintlouis, what up dude??? If you want to see our buggies you'll have to check out the rest of the thread, there here somewhere but I cannt remember what page mine are on. Enjoy the read aswell, there is some interesting stuff to be found.
As for the rest of the boys, havent got a clue, havent heard nothing for a while.
WHERE IS EVERY ONE?????????????????????I FEEL SO LONELY
Old 06-26-2010, 05:09 AM
zaintlouis

i figured how to get more turning radius on our 7.5's oh well maybe you guys already figure that out. i try to scan back the thread keep intouch.
Old 07-01-2010, 12:32 PM
REEGSf

Hey Lez.
what's up dude ?
Things have been a bit hectic with work etc. I haven't had a chance to do anything as far as my RC cars are concerned.
What radio & servos are you using on your buggy ?
Old 07-02-2010, 03:26 AM
lez1troubles

Hi Reegsf. Things are going a bit slow down here, not much to do at work so I took a couple of weeks off for the summer holidays. Nothing else to do but ride BMX,MX or thrash the living daylights out of my buggies.
I am still using the original FM radio that came with the MP7.5 but I did change the steering servo for a Futaba metal gear high speed one, it's the S3305. I do however use the standard digital servo for the gas/brake. Have been thinking of getting a 2.4GH/z just to try out. Using Venom hump pack (6volt/1600amp) to power them though. Good enough for me so far.[8D]
Hope the rest of you guys are still flying the ((((KYOSHO)))) flag.[8D]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.