Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Kudos to Agape Racing and Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 01:42 AM
flyathome
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kudos to Agape Racing and Hobby

I thought I would give a shout out to Jim at Agape Racing and Hobby. Last year I bought an XYZ 26 from him.
From the very start the engine just wasn't right. I contacted Jim and he said I should send it back to him. He
worked on it and sent it back saying he thought it was OK now. I flew it some but it still wasn't right. I contacted
him again and he sent me a replacement Rcexl ignition free of charge. That helped some, but the engine continued
to get worse and worse. I contacted Jim and again (now more than a year later) and he told me to send it to him
again. Long story short he spent considerable time trying to repair my engine with no success. He resolved the
problem by sending me a new engine. Which runs perfectly! To say that I am impressed with Jim and his service
would be a great understatement. It is refreshing to come across someone who understands what customer service
really means. You can be sure I will buy from Jim again. I highly recommend his honesty and his dedication to
customer service. Thanks again Jim!

Steve
Old 07-05-2010, 06:21 AM
w8ye
My Feedback: (16)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Kudos to Agape Racing and Hobby

Jim Willis has been good to follow up the sale with good service.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:28 PM
STUKA BARRY

ORIGINAL: flyathome

I thought I would give a shout out to Jim at Agape Racing and Hobby. Last year I bought an XYZ 26 from him.
From the very start the engine just wasn't right. I contacted Jim and he said I should send it back to him. He
worked on it and sent it back saying he thought it was OK now. I flew it some but it still wasn't right. I contacted
him again and he sent me a replacement Rcexl ignition free of charge. That helped some, but the engine continued
to get worse and worse. I contacted Jim and again (now more than a year later) and he told me to send it to him
again. Long story short he spent considerable time trying to repair my engine with no success. He resolved the
problem by sending me a new engine. Which runs perfectly! To say that I am impressed with Jim and his service
would be a great understatement. It is refreshing to come across someone who understands what customer service
really means. You can be sure I will buy from Jim again. I highly recommend his honesty and his dedication to
customer service. Thanks again Jim!

Steve
I purchased the same engine last January. In March I installed it in my Balsa USA 1/4 Luftewaffe Super Cub. The engine would pop and try to start, but nothing. I turned needles, changed plugs, adjusted timing, but still nothing. I called Jim and he said to send it back, $12.00 shipping. He called me the next day and said the engine was running like a champ now. He replaced the complete ignition system and sent it back to me with a check for $12.00. The engine has been flawless ever since. 7300rpm's swinging a Xoar 17X8 prop. Its now major power house, but for $169.00 it fly's the cub with alittle authority. I'm sure as it breaks in it'll get stronger, but I'm pretty happy with it. Thanx, Jim.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:37 PM
kenhiraihnl

My XYZ50 is running like a Rolex. Lost the Walbro and carb isolation block after a crash in a swamp. Engine was submerged over night. Got the parts I needed (carb, block, bolts, gaskets) from Jim at a very fair price and timely. Thanks Jim.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:17 PM
karolh

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

It's so nice to hear of stories like these that ALL have happy endings. Keep on doing what you are doing Jim.

Karol