Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

need help with hobbywing program card

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 03:00 AM
hillbilie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with hobbywing program card

ok so a few months ago i installed a ezrun 8.5T brushless in my xl5 rustler. i never used the program card i just ran it a couple times at the stock settings. i havent played with the truck in a few months untill today, i was bored so i though what the hell i'll break out the old rc's. the truck runs great, i just put some new proline masher 2000's on it. but i would like to program the esc for optimal performance. for now im running tynergy 4800 packs. going lipo soon.

i guess i need a seperate batt pack to power the program card. will the stock hump pack from a nitro truck work? the kind that holds 4 AA batts? it has the right kind of plug on it, but i cannot get the program card to power up with it? its got fresh batts of course. i got rid of all my nitros so i dont have any real hump packs layin around, just the one that takes the 4 AAs. could someone walk me through this? i dont want to have to spend money on a batt pack just to run the program card.

also i would like to go lipo soon. i bought the ezrun stuff from hobbyking, and i would like to buy a lipo charger and a pack or two from them aswell. could someone please send me a few links of what would be the cheapest and also easiest to use, maintain ect charger and packs. i just want reliable power that has good runtime. i think a 2c 5000mah pack or something like that would be best for my application right? im not trying to build the fastest thing around, i just want more power and runtime. and i know there are some incredible deals on hobby king if someone could just help me pick a charger and a pack. thanks a bunch
Old 07-09-2010, 03:06 AM
G!NhO

Default RE: need help with hobbywing program card

Connect esc to program card, then connect battery to esc and turn on the esc and it should work.
Old 07-09-2010, 10:42 AM
e123

Unplug the esc from the receiver and then plug it into the program card.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:12 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

just make sure you put it to the connector on the right hand side with the white wire on your right too
Old 07-11-2010, 11:37 AM
FireFrenzy

you want the white wire on the side with the _||_ symbol and push the "setup" button while turning it on, other then that nothing to report...

TheJANG has a video of him explaining the settings for the 35a (same programming functions) over on his youtube channel (Ultimatercnetwork)