Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Electric RC Helis > Helimax
Reload this Page >

In the name of all NOVUS CX owners

Community
Search
Notices
Helimax This is for all your Helimax questions and comments.

In the name of all NOVUS CX owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 07:45 PM
VMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In the name of all NOVUS CX owners

well I think that I speak for all that the novus cx is a P.O.S. I flew it only for 3 weeks , it flew great and I had a lot of fun
but at the second week it started with the twiching , at first it was just for a few seconds but then they came back more often and longer, it was my first helicopter ever and I was pretty upset because those were some good $120 dollars i could spent in another helicopter and as long I read more reviews everyone has the same probles with the eboard
Old 07-10-2010, 07:17 AM
nothinbetr2do

Default RE: In the name of all NOVUS CX owners

i never tryied one because of what your talking about. i went with a e-flight mcx, it truned out to be a great little chopper. i have flown the crap out of it and now my daughter is flying it. i have since moved up to a fp, and now cp. if your looking for another cx, get the mcx. or if your ready to try a fp, get and msr. you can't go wrong with either
Old 07-10-2010, 12:01 PM
VMC

well sadly I didnt read any review of it before buying it, i was in that compulsive buyer impulse [:@] and bought it with no plans so I did enjoy it as it lasted but now im getting into bigger ones, a friend of mine from the rc field gave me a kyosho nexus 30 for free, but Im afraid to crash it due to the lack of parts on the market so Im looking for another kyosho nexus just for replacemente parts, besides that one I got a trex 250, I just need some conectors and Ill be flying it soon
Old 07-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Ragnarok

Have you looked at the mast to see if it needs adjusting??? Ihave found that there is a fair ammount of maintainence in this hobby if you want to keep your models flying. No heli, no matter what you get, will fly perfectly all the time. A little time working and maintaininng your heli will go a long way.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:45 PM
rotorbroke

I have been flying my CX for about a year and have crashed and smashed it dozens of times and has been easily rebuildable and all parts at my lhs. It is nowhere near as stable as any of my mCX's, but that lets it scoot around outside easier and my mCX are only house birds except for the most calmest of calm days...........
Old 12-04-2011, 09:15 PM
Bigdaddybiscuitsplitter

I too should have better educated myself before walking out of the hobby shop with a novus cx. I absolutely loved it from the first flight, but 8 charges later and I was searching for every shred of info about possible issues. I returned to my local snobby store, and was basically told I was not only at fault for the twitchy behavior, but also that they wouldn't support any help with the warranty. While heli max has proven honorable in providing replacement parts- tech support had me run a couple simple checks to isolate the problem, the problem still persists with a brand new e board. What gives? That only leaves the motors and batteries to replace, which I will do so at my own cost, mainly because it's the path of least resistance. I will NOT return to that hobby shop, but I will also not name names, because a couple so called enthusiasts who work in a toy store can't be reflected as the face of this FUN hobby. I was wondering whether the e boards had any revisions? Both boards I have are stamped with a 2008 manufacturing date which should easily place those in the first production runs. I have the tools and equipment at my shop to trouble shoot the component failures, and maybe even find a cheap and easy fix. People can die if I don't do my job right- but how cool is it to make full size yachts fully radio controlled? To all you snobs in the hobby, try calibrating and engineering a fully integrated and automated electronics package for the Coast Guard, the Navy, and a virtual army of pleasure and commercial vessels in the so cal area. I love my work as a marine electronics technician, but it was these small scale models that gave me the interest to learn the basics and keep learning. Anyways, my point is this- we all do this to have fun, and nothing is more discouraging than asking for help and being given the run around. I'm new to electric helis, but not new to this hobby, and I will always do my best to share my knowledge.
Old 01-02-2012, 06:58 AM
Bigdaddybiscuitsplitter

Helimax is handling the warranty issues like companies should. Ended up sending the whole deal back to them to sort out. Got an email saying that they are fixing it. See how long this lasts though, maybe throw it on craigsmess to get it outta my life.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Zanek

I had a transmitter problem with Helimax, and they fixed it for free, because they said that they have a deffect warranty for up to a year, so if they decide that the damage wasn't caused by you they might fix it for free. It might be worth a try sending them an email