Notices
Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2010, 05:53 PM
RedwingRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCAero JC Engines & YDA Engines

Henry, I too am excited to see what is going to transpire here.  As you know I love the JC 28cc, and now that I've got some 50cc sized planes coming in, I need to get some of the YDA 56 in too!! 

I don't own one, but have seen  videos and they look great.  Can some of you guys share your experience with them here?  The weight seems to be better than that "other' engine

how's performance? 

Old 07-12-2010, 06:36 PM
aussiesteve

ORIGINAL: RedwingRC

Can some of you guys share your experience with them here?

Ok, I can share my experience
I have run ALL of the sizes (in fact there are only 3 people in the whole world that can claim that) and all of them are great engines.

They run with a very strong mid range, they run quietly, and the respond in the mid range. This means there is no need to "blip throttle" just to maintain a hover. There is no need to anticipate further than radio response time on the next maneuver and all that means that you can concentrate on the actual flying instead of the engine management.

What you are seeing is the result of a product that is designed BY a flyer FOR flyers - instead of by by a machininst / metal caster simply for profit. Their heritage came about because of the total cr@p that "other companies" were selling us (and those companies still sell to people based on price and "the eyelash syndrome").

Even the JC 28 (NOT a YDA product) is the result of decent input from actual knowledgeable users (Milton, Henry, Paul, Myself and other distributors around the world) and a factory that listened to that input.

Plenty tried to stop us, plenty tried to destroy us with their petty comments on line but so far they have failed (even though I did decide to pull out because I have much bigger fish to fry than to deal with those petty dorks who can only survive by getting all their friends to pat them on the back on line then when that stops - some of them even pats themselves on the back) (Ok - I guess I am patting myself on the back too but out of pride - not desperation)

Why did we continue to make sure you got the right product to fly?
Because we always knew that these engines perform in the range where people actually use them. The torque curves are designed for mid range response, quiet running and ease of use. and we also knew that eventually the "self absorbing dorks" of the engine world would get shown up for the "couldabeens" that they are.

So now there is proof that there are 3 choices of engine

1 - Cheap cr@ppy stuff from every second machine shop in china who decides to buy off the shelf bits, put them together then send a young lady to represent them in the hope that they affect desperate old mens hormones into ordering the product (aka - the "eyelash syndrome" - the "sales manager" flutters her eyelids then the buyer buys out of vanity).

2 - Good quality engines that you pay a very high premium for because they have a good reputation from "the olden days" (often a well deserved reputation but price is not a guarantee of top quality)

3 - Decent quality engines that are slightly more expensive than the Cheap and "crappy" but are made by engineering companies that understand flying and flyers.- THIS is the category that YDA fits into.

I have tried all 3 engine types. Nowadays I only use types 2 and 3 (I learnt to resist the eyelashes).

So if you want a great product with great backup service (not that many will need it) at a sensible and honest price (I call it the working mans pricing) - well you know what brand to get and from whome to obtain it.

I really look forward to seeing the range continue with Henry and of course will always remain "behind the scenes" where required.

Ok - maybe I am a little biased towards them
Of course, maybe I am not 100% biased towards them, I do have other brands in my hanger too. Even the owners of Rolls Royce have other brands of vehicles in their fleet
Old 07-12-2010, 07:34 PM
Johnny_Zero
My Feedback: (44)

1 - Cheap cr@ppy stuff from every second machine shop in china who decides to buy off the shelf bits, put them together then send a young lady to represent them in the hope that they affect desperate old mens hormones into ordering the product (aka - the "eyelash syndrome" - the "sales manager" flutters her eyelids then the buyer buys out of vanity).

From this statement it sounds like you don't want the "Desperate old men" to purchase your product. I seems that, that very same age group is probably your largest group of interest for your product. I think that most purchaser's of your engines should be informed and maybe not desperate enough to purchase anything without a set of B$%B's to sell it.

Old 07-12-2010, 08:07 PM
plane addicts
My Feedback: (271)

I just say fly a YD-A and you will understand. They like to let the products speak for themselfs and they dont rely on using gimmicks to sell their engines. I use to be a huge DA only person. Dont get me wrong they are good motors. But hands down my YD-As are my favorite. They start very easy, have a ton of power and offer a great mid range. Just where I like to fly and most of us do fly. I also like a lower Idle than most for landing and this motor will handle the lower RPMs with no problems.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Tseres

Henry, I too am excited to see what is going to transpire here. As you know I love the JC 28cc, and now that I've got some 50cc sized planes coming in, I need to get some of the YDA 56 in too!!

I don't own one, but have seen videos and they look great. Can some of you guys share your experience with them here? The weight seems to be better than that ''other' engine

how's performance?

Hi Tim

Take a look here http://www.youtube.com/user/tseres1?...14/iDzw2cEVE1I

I like my 56.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:53 AM
trpastor

I like what I hear on it - what planes do some of you have these in?
Old 07-13-2010, 09:32 AM
plane addicts

Hi trpastor our 112s are on two Pilot RC 35% extra 300. By no means are these two planes a small 100ccer. (blue plane)

Specs

Wingspan: 107 in(2.7M)
Wing Area: 2156 sq in(13910sq cm)
Fuselage length: 101 in(2.58M)
Weight: 27.8 lbs (12.6kg)
Engine: 100cc

The 28 is on a 26cc extra 330. (yellow and red plane)

Specs

Material: Built-up plywood and balsa
Length:65.6 in
Wing Span: 69.5 in
Wing Area: 936 in squared
All up Weight:8.5-9.5 Ib
Wing Loading:20-23 oz/ft squared
Glow Engine: 91-110 4-Stroke
Gas Engine:23cc-26cc
Electric power: 1700W-2000W
Radio System: 4 channel, 4-5 servos

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82737.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	1467301   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw67866.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	1467302  
Old 07-13-2010, 09:59 AM
Tseres

What size and brand prop are you running on the 112. I don't care about the RPM or what oil you are using. Just the prop.
Would appreciate a performance report and the type of flying you do with it. I'm Thinking of IMAC.
Old 07-13-2010, 10:27 AM
plane addicts

Tom we are running Xoar props. I have tested both the 27x10 laminated and the 27 3Db props. One plane is going to be IMAC and the other a 3D plane. Both props work well. I am still breaking in the engines so I will most likely be trying diffrent props from Xoar. I have unlimited vertical on both prop combos how ever the 27x10 does give more upline of course. So far I have performed Mild 3d with the plane and have be flying it mostly IMAC style till the engine is fully broken in. I can tell you that compared to other engines that I have ran this one does not fade in an upline with either prop. Most likely on my IMAC plane I will be jumping to a 28x10 for slower downlines not sure if this will be wood or carbon. Hope this helps what class are you going to be flying.

Tom
Old 07-13-2010, 04:59 PM
Tseres

Thanks for the info. Helped a lot.
I'm just a beginner. Had my first class yesterday. Practiced today. Things went well. Got about an hour of air time. That's a lot for me.
The 112 is a winter project. The PAU 100cc Extra that I want isn't on the market till this fall. I have some time.

PS: I like your name.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:28 PM
plane addicts

No problem welcome to the hobby you will find it real addicting lol. I have never flown a PAU but from what I have heard you cant go wrong with their planes. When you say the PAU 100cc extra are you talking about the prototype that they were flying at the NALL. IF so that looked like a sweet plane. It would make a good airframe for a 112. Just some food for thought if you are looking into flying IMAC typically a longer tailed plane is perferred by most pilots. I am not sure if the PAU is a long tailed verison or not.

Tom
Old 07-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Tseres

Yes that is the one. I'm the one that took the 3 videos of it on You Tube at Joe Nall. I have the 30% version and its on rails. Very little coupling right out of the box. All it needs is a pilot. I'm going to try and give it one.
I can feel the addiction already.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51217.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	1467516  
Old 07-13-2010, 08:12 PM
apalsson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Tseres
My name is TSERES and I'm a planoholic
Welcome to the club mate
Old 07-13-2010, 08:13 PM
Tseres

ORIGINAL: apalsson

ORIGINAL: Tseres
My name is TSERES and I'm a planoholic
Welcome to the club mate
Yup
Old 07-13-2010, 08:51 PM
JVB
My Feedback: (2)

Heh Tom (plane addicts),

What are some examples of longer-tailed IMAC type planes maybe in a 30cc size? I fly pattern but like gas-powered aerobatics and Extra/Edge type planes.

John VB
Old 07-13-2010, 09:08 PM
plane addicts

TSERES that is one good looking plane.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:12 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A hanger 9 125 Funtana http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HAN4750 also they have a new airplane coming...looks to be a pattern type.

Hope that helps. Capt,n
Old 07-13-2010, 09:14 PM
RedwingRC

Hey JVB - Hope you don't mind me saying, but I'm pretty proud of the performance of the MX2 I have in terms of it's pattern (as well as 3d).  It's definitly not short coupled.  We hit some delays but they will be here soon now.  The JC is perfect for it also - see the vid
Old 07-13-2010, 09:14 PM
MTK

ORIGINAL: JVB

Heh Tom (plane addicts),

What are some examples of longer-tailed IMAC type planes maybe in a 30cc size? I fly pattern but like gas-powered aerobatics and Extra/Edge type planes.

John VB
Extreme Flight Extra 78" version. It's the longest tailed extra you will find excepting Hansen's which were designed with pattern performance in mind. Long out of production unfortunately. IF you can find one of those, it's better airplane but I assume you won't

I have a thread in the pattern forum on the EF Extra 78". Set-up for the SAP 30cc gas engine with ES pipe. Good set-up. Not couple-free but better than most.

I also have a thread on how to make the soft mounts for the rear intake engine that require stand offs. Somewhere in the pattern forum also
Old 07-13-2010, 09:25 PM
plane addicts

Peak has a edge 540t. I have never flown one of their planes so you would have to do some research on them. I didnt see any thing else that would be a long tail in that size range. Maybe someone else can help point out a few air frames. But If you are intrested in flying IMAC I would go with a extra 300. The reason for this is that they tend to be a better style of airframe for IMAC manuvers.

Tom
Old 07-13-2010, 09:27 PM
Tseres

Hi JVB

Stick around. I have my 28 waiting on the Red Wing Sboch. Will be here soon. Lots of big plane features like a ringed cowl and pre plumbed for gas fuel tank. Lots of carbon stuff. Should go together fast.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:31 PM
MTK

ORIGINAL: captinjohn

A hanger 9 125 Funtana http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HAN4750 also they have a new airplane coming...looks to be a pattern type.

Hope that helps. Capt,n
Cap,

Looks to be far superior to the Funtana 90 which was an absolute dawg. Small for a 30 cc gas engine in my opinion especially if it's something as powerful as an SAP 30 cc.

I finally am beginning to hear some good things about the DLE 30 cc and, in this thread, the JC28 cc apparently is very good also.

These engine are very light and would work in the 125 with power to spare.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:38 PM
RedwingRC

MTK, you're right,  the JC is very good also.  It sounds like the rear carb has fixed the issues for the most part with the DLE.  But bang for the buck, and quality, I would say JC everytime.  I went with the DLE in the Sbach, becuase I would have had to cut the little "air port" off the front of the cowl, and wanted the sample video to look good.  If it was just my plane, I would have gone with the JC 28 and cut the cowl (the DLE cooling head sits further back than the JC) 

But for $60 less - I would encourage my customers to go with the JC, unless they are really concerned about cowl features near the front of the cowl (Sbach etc).. In some planes it's not an issue really.  I'm looking to do some side by side tests with them, but without having done that, they seem very comparable.

I offer the DLE as I know some guys will gravitate towards it anyway - but they are both VERY solid. 
Old 07-13-2010, 09:47 PM
plane addicts

Redwing you are right people are drawn to the name of DLE how ever I am like you I would pick the JC 28.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:50 PM
MTK

MTK, you're right, the JC is very good also. It sounds like the rear carb has fixed the issues for the most part with the DLE. But bang for the buck, and quality, I would say JC everytime. I went with the DLE in the Sbach, becuase I would have had to cut the little ''air port'' off the front of the cowl, and wanted the sample video to look good. If it was just my plane, I would have gone with the JC 28 and cut the cowl (the DLE cooling head sits further back than the JC)

But for $60 less - I would encourage my customers to go with the JC, unless they are really concerned about cowl features near the front of the cowl (Sbach etc).. In some planes it's not an issue really. I'm looking to do some side by side tests with them, but without having done that, they seem very comparable.

I offer the DLE as I know some guys will gravitate towards it anyway - but they are both VERY solid.

Can't speak from personal experience about the JC or DLE.

My SAP 30 cc is an amazing little engine as strong (and probably a little stronger) as glow engines of similar displacement on piped set-ups. Turning pattern sized props at similar or slightly higher rpm as glow counterparts such as OS140RX and Webra 145.

Hopefully, when Henry returns, we'll get a look at what the YDA's can do on pipe.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.