Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Clutch on R/C buggy

Old 07-22-2010, 09:19 AM
deslok113

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch on R/C buggy

I've been into boats for years. I'm fairly new to cars. I've owned a few electric cars/trucks and one other nitro drift care besides the one I just got for father's day.
It is a generic 4 whl dr buggy with a .15 car engine. I broke it in and for awhile she ran like a champ! I then took her to a park that had a lot of sand. It was so cool to see the car run in the sand. But after the engine wouldn't run. So I cleaned the car up with a rag and checked fuel to carb and glow plug. I check the head to ensure there was no sand in the cylinder. I set the HS needle on a rich setting and then also enriched the LS needle. I got the engine to run but now I have another problem with the clutchat least I'm pretty sure that it is the clutch.
Like I said I've been into boats for years. For nitro boats usually the boat is direct driveThe prop spins as long as the motor is running. If you just place such a boat running in the water it will usually kill unless you have someone revving the engine for you. You usually give the boat a little throttle and then you toss it forward into the water and away she goes. Well I have to do that with this car. I have to bend low to the ground and toss the car to get it to keep running. If the car gets hung up by like tall grass or something it will kill. At first I thought it was my tuning. But when the car is bench running even at low idle the tires are spinning; hold 2 or more tires or place the car on the ground while holding it from going away (even if the idle is set very high), and it kills. I'm beginning to think that sand may be fouling the clutchmaking the clutch stick. If this is the case do I have to pull the engine to clean out the clutch? Does the clutch have springs that may pop out when I pull the clutch bell? Is blowing out the assembly with compressed air wise? Thanks for the help. The best thing about cars is, no need to go swimming or start up my big boat to go fetch them!!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:31 AM
The_Collector

Default RE: Clutch on R/C buggy

Broken clutch spring or shoes melted or frozen bearings.
Old 07-25-2010, 11:35 AM
qoisdhc oqina
My Feedback: (-1)

Default RE: Clutch on R/C buggy

Yep, check the manual on how to get the clutch off, or just try to get it off. Yes, theyre are springs.Either those are bad or the shoes.Id say replace both to be sure.