Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

What one?!

Old 02-09-2002, 08:13 PM
blinkboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What one?!

Ok, I am thinking about getting into R/C cars. I already have a heli radio...would that be ok to use with a car? or should I get a pistol grip radio? I don't know which car to get though, here is what I want in the car:
-nitro powered
-fast
-durable
-able to go off jumps
-offroad
I would like the car to have all those characteristics...but I have no idea which ones do, could you guys mention some names that fit in all of those categories?

Thanks!

Andrew
Old 02-10-2002, 02:11 AM
Elwood
My Feedback: (2)

Default What one?!

Great post, fitenfyr. But I would suggest an RC10 GT FT. I think the T-Maxx is awesome, but the GT is all about racing! It also fits the list;

-nitro powered
-fast
-durable
-able to go off jumps
-offroad

My GT was doing doubles where only a 4wd electric could. I also have a NovaRossi, and that may have helped

Later!
Old 02-26-2002, 04:54 PM
importracer689

Default What one?!

It all depends on how much you are willing to spend. It also has a lot to do with how much skill you have with engines as well as offroad vehicles in general. LAst christmas I got a traxxas nitro sport as my first nitro vehicle. The first thing i noticed at the track was that it was getting its backside ground in. I bought a racing pipe, ball bearings, pro ball diff and slipper clutch and went back. After those mods it would hang with most people, but I wanted to be over the top fast. So I acquired a T-Maxx engine (the same as the nitro sport, just with a bigger carb and enhanced cooling head). I also purchased a boost bottle (waste of money, but it looks cool, lol). With all said I think the traxxas nitro sport/rustler is the best entry level offroad truck.
My friend had one of the infamous T-maxxes and it is no good on the road at all. The nitro sport hangs with the Maxx running around an offroad course, and even stock it kills it in a street/drag situation. Also the Maxx likes to roll over on the street if it is bumped or if it runs into a curb or something. Not to belittle the maxx though, they are one of the best OFF-road trucks out there. But they are just that only for offroad use.
Mark
Old 02-26-2002, 04:56 PM
importracer689

Default What one?!

BLINKBOY--> If you do go traxxas, I would buy a nitro sport and upgrade the engine. I don't like the bellcrank steering on the nitro rustler and the bellcranks seem to break easily when you hit big jumps.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:53 AM
rockNrollRC

Default RE: What one?!

I'm not sure yet, will get back to you on this one
Old 07-25-2010, 08:54 AM
FieroMan121

wow 2002? NEW RECORD WOOOOOHHHHHHH
Old 07-25-2010, 08:57 AM
proanti1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: rockNrollRC

Wow... nice job.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:05 AM
FieroMan121

yeah he pulled up an intire page of threads from wayyyy back probably to get his post count up ad pushed all the current threads back which kind of screws anyone who needed help

good job dude
Old 07-25-2010, 09:06 AM
TIGER76

Bet the dudes old and grey now lol
Old 07-25-2010, 09:24 AM
FieroMan121

yeah

the guy is a jerk if you ask me, kind of want him to come n here and explain himself
Old 07-25-2010, 10:19 AM
alvinl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rockNrollRC

Come on, you've had 8 years to think about it. Make up your mind already so poor blinkboy can get an RC. I'm sure hes waiting by the monitor for your help.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:38 AM
RC Scab Ab

Looks like you have a lot of time on your hands if you're so busy being worried about someone else on this forum. If you don't like it, don't read it. BTW - did you have a chance to find the rule that states any wrongdoing here?Just curious. Isn't it time for your little league game?
ORIGINAL: FieroMan121

yeah

the guy is a jerk if you ask me, kind of want him to come n here and explain himself