Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Finally got myself an Ofna

Old 07-28-2010, 05:10 PM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got myself an Ofna

Well after having 2 other buggies, I finally bought an ofna ultra lx pro. I like the hyper 7 black better, but I got this one used for a great deal as a roller, and couldnt pass it up. I have had 2 buggies up until now. A sportwerks mayhem pro, and an XTM XT2, both of which i liked, but ended up selling. I always wanted an ofna though because they are known to be tanks and decent on the track for a beginner if i ever wanted to(never been to the track), and they are also good to get parts for, unlike XTM and Sportwerks. Ill post some pictures when I recieve the buggy, but until then I just wanted to post about it.

How is the Ofna Ultra LX Pro? Are the parts for the LX-One the same? What about other ofna parts? Thanks

Eric
Old 07-28-2010, 06:34 PM
Cagedvr6

Default RE: Finally got myself an Ofna

Funny you post this, i just picked up one too recently at a garage sale with a motor, although i replaced the motor and am currently breaking it in. Love it so far.

Motor it came with

Upgraded motor, flywheel, clutch, clutch bell with the new motor.

Had to cut the chassis to get the motor to clear though, just not much as i did, o well :]

Old 07-28-2010, 07:40 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Cagedvr6

Had to cut the chassis to get the motor to clear though, just not much as i did, o well :]
Actually they make taller motor mounts so you actually didn't have to do that [:@]
I didn't know about that also and bought the shorter ones on my one vehicle but I had the originals (the last owner butchered them to beyond use) to measure them to
Old 07-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Kacy

They have differences obviously.I beleive the the ultra lx 1 has wider control arms,along with updated suspension,I know the lx1 has larger diameter shocks.The body for the lx 1 looks like it will fit alot better then the lx pro bodys.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Cagedvr6

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: Cagedvr6

Actually they make taller motor mounts so you actually didn't have to do that [:@]
I didn't know about that also and bought the shorter ones on my one vehicle but I had the originals (the last owner butchered them to beyond use) to measure them to
Too late now lol, i keep lower center of gravity as my reasoning for not raising the motor with taller mounts
Old 07-28-2010, 10:24 PM
cummins driver

Thanks everyone[8D]

That buggy looks great Cagedvr6 . Really makes me anxious to get mine going

I have a good XTM 24.7 engine that needs a backplate and starter shaft. I can get it all for about $20, and Im thinking of sticking that in it. Thats what was in my XTM buggy and they are good running engines with lots of RPM.

I also thought about taking my Axial .28 off of my Savage and running it on the buggy. Its ready to roll, and would have lots of torque, just less RPM.

Also, does anyone know what size the stock clutch bell is? Im not sure If I have a bell, or if Ill have to buy one. I have a set of aluminum shoes that will work good though, and I also have an exhaust and header. Nothing special, but I would like to clean it up and have it looking pretty nice. It comes with 2 bodies, but I havent seen them, and Id like to buy some knockoff badlands off of ebay pre mounted for it soon. I had them on both my other buggies and loved them.

Here is the only picture I have. hopefully Ill have the buggy mid next week. It looks pretty clean, and hopefully it will look nice cleaned up and complete.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12751.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	225.6 KB
ID:	1474870  
Old 07-28-2010, 11:29 PM
ginnz
My Feedback: (2)

cool buggies guys! ofna makes good bashers! my first buggy was a Ultra LX-1 i got from a kid used.... i put a few things on it, and it served me well, then i sold it to a buddy, then a guy traded me a new Ravager with the .28 force in it for a Dx7, i pulled the motor and did some light mods on it, and wow, it rips like nothing else i own! jeezz, its fast!

the power is almost too much for a 1:8 scale!!

ginnz.

Old 07-29-2010, 07:39 AM
Cagedvr6

Go here for parts, its where i got my flywheel, clutch, clutch springs, clutch bell, clutch nut and so on...
http://www.amainhobbies.com/index.ph...-OFNA-Ultra-LX

Heres the engine i bought also. Id go with a .21 for this and any 1/8 buggy
http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...ProdID=DYN0899

Next on my buy list
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ystem-Polished
Old 07-29-2010, 10:33 AM
ELMOBSTER
My Feedback: (5)

thats the same DYNAMITE engine that i use on my lx1 and my HYPER 7,,this was the easyiest engine to breakin and tune,,i run this thing hard and i purrrrrs litke a kitten...i think your going to be very happy with your choice
Old 07-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Cagedvr6

Starts every time 1-2 pulls, love it, cannot beat the price.

Just got done ordering 3 new plugs for it, after-run oil and a new air filter. How often should one use the after-run oil?
Old 07-29-2010, 11:55 AM
ELMOBSTER

i use after run oil at the end of the day of running it,,some people i know only use it when they are going to store it for the winter..the way i do it is probably over kill but better be safe than sorry
Old 07-29-2010, 12:53 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: ELMOBSTER

i use after run oil at the end of the day of running it,,some people i know only use it when they are going to store it for the winter..the way i do it is probably over kill but better be safe than sorry
agree I do it the same way if I'm done for the day I put some in. Thing is I never know when I'll get another run in (last run on my buggy was like 2 months ago due to bad weather on days I have free time)
Old 07-29-2010, 01:26 PM
Cagedvr6

Do you put it in the carb and glow plug?

I got this stuff
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...er-Run-Oil-1oz
Old 07-29-2010, 03:00 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

take out the plug put 3-4 drops in and pull the cord a few times to get it to lube up the piston and the parts than replace the plug
Old 07-29-2010, 04:02 PM
ELMOBSTER

my buddy at the local hobby shop told me to use MARVEL MYSTERY OIL. thats all it is in the little bottles they sell,,i have been using it for years,,,you can buy a quart of MYSTERY oil at the auto parts store and will last you for a looooong time
Old 07-29-2010, 10:18 PM
jmccartney

only downfall of the buggy is the shock towers and steering knuckles i upgraded mine with pcr shock towers and swaped the front suspension for the lx1 and used integy knuckles now its bullet proof and i bash the hell out of it know with no worry of breaking stuff
Old 07-30-2010, 06:36 AM
cummins driver

I have heard the stock differentials are a little weak, but hopefully I wont have any problems. It seems from what I have read, that the hardened ring gear Ofna sells is a good upgrade for the differentials, so Ill do that if I ever bust them.

I figure if they run these diff's in the Brushless LX-1e's though, that they must be pretty good because brushless really puts a strain on the driveline.

Eric
Old 07-30-2010, 07:24 AM
Cagedvr6

Just bought this, im done spending for a bit now hahah

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ystem-Polished
Old 07-30-2010, 07:49 AM
Cagedvr6

ORIGINAL: cummins driver

I have heard the stock differentials are a little weak, but hopefully I wont have any problems. It seems from what I have read, that the hardened ring gear Ofna sells is a good upgrade for the differentials, so Ill do that if I ever bust them.

I figure if they run these diff's in the Brushless LX-1e's though, that they must be pretty good because brushless really puts a strain on the driveline.

Eric
U get the buggy yet?!?!
Old 07-30-2010, 02:37 PM
cummins driver

It should be here by the end of next week. I think its getting sent out Monday

Eric