Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

Radio / Receiver questions

Old 07-30-2010, 12:10 AM
ali3n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio / Receiver questions

I have a slash 4x4 and a mini-lst that's been converted to brushless - the radio on my mini-lst is stock and is horrible. it seems if i get out of line of sight or more than 50 feet away it starts having troubles with connection - whereas the radio/receiver that came with my traxxas will stay connected for farther than i can see. i assume this is the difference between a cheap AM radio and the decent 2.4ghz radio the traxxas came with.

now, i assume i could buy just the traxxas receiver and put it in my mini-lst and it would work just fine and i would get the same distance of operation as the traxxas. am i assuming correctly?

also - i'm still fairly new to RC and plan on getting more trucks/cars in the future, would i be better off investing in a whole separate radio/receiver set up for both trucks?

it seems most radios have a specific receiver they work with, or do they mix and match to some point? i know they have to operate on the same frequency but other technologies and differences between manufacturer come into play....

eh.. rambling

anyway, tldr

will a traxxas receiver work in my mini-lst? or should i just ditch the whole works and burn some money on a new radio/receiver setup for the trucks? if so suggestions? ( i don't want to burn too much money but also want quality)
Old 07-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Brendan Lugo

Default RE: Radio / Receiver questions

One thing to remember is that if you do get another Traxxas receiver to put in your mini-lst you also have to have digital servos in that vehicle or the Traxxas 2.4 radio system will burn out your servos. You can only use digital servos with the Traxxas 2.4 radio systems.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:17 AM
ali3n

Default RE: Radio / Receiver questions

yikes, thank you very much for that info - i would have never even bothered to check servo compatability

/bump ??

guess maybe i should just change my question to what would be the best option to change my radio/receiver to on my mini-lst that would be compatible with what is on the truck now and then if i want to in the future change my other trucks over to it and most likely have it compatible.

my mini-lst electronics are stock except for a castle sidewinder brushless motor and esc kit ..