Notices
Park Flyers & Backyard Flyers Discuss RC Parkflyers and rc backyard flyers in this forum

Flyzone Sky Fly

Old 12-18-2008, 02:02 PM
fdaremi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Flyzone Sky Fly

Hi Rob,

The power consumption of motor is the same for any type of battery. If we amuse the motor draws 4 A with 8.4 volt then it should draw 4.666 A from 7.2 V battery to give 33.6 watt.

Fred
Old 12-18-2008, 02:33 PM
RTice
My Feedback: (9)

Hi Fred. I sent you a pm to continue the discussion... Perhaps we can start another thread specific to this battery question and encourage others to join in.

EDIT: Here is the new thread in case you are interested in learning more about this topic. I would like to be able to correctly calculate flight times...especially when using lipo batteries.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...9#post11162391

Rob
Old 12-18-2008, 05:55 PM
fdaremi

Sure, That is a great idea.

Thanks,

Fred

Old 07-14-2009, 01:25 PM
Oracus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey was wondering if you all still got your skyfly's just got mine running again. Also anyone got a receiver board they are not using?
Old 07-14-2009, 01:38 PM
RTice

Nope, but if you can't find one...or a new one is too expensive, you should consider putting in a standard brushed controller and servos (esc and servos)...or better yet, upgrade to brushless (motor, esc, servos, lipo).

best of luck
Old 07-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Oracus

Yeah a new board is way too much for this plane. I got afew older parts layin around was just seeing if anyone had a board they are not using. Mine still works but one servo is not as strong anymore. I'm gettin ready to fly it again.

Thanks
Old 07-14-2009, 05:11 PM
RTice

Hold on. I'll send someone over to see if he can help.
Old 07-14-2009, 05:37 PM
Oracus

Not a problem now hahaha I just stuck it 40ft up in a tree. Ill check in a few days and see if the wind knocks it out.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

Don't wait too long. My son and I got a plane caught up in a tree once. (yes I said once)
I told my son we would come back on a windy day to see if it come down or not. About a week later a big storm came up and it was VERY WINDY. we returned after the storm and the plane was no where to be found. Someone must have got it.
Old 07-14-2009, 06:42 PM
RTice

Oracus:
Sorry to hear that. BTW - the guy I was going to send over no longer has his electronics. No board. sorry.
Rob
Old 07-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Oracus

No problem about the parts. I dont think anyone will be grabbing it its on my property and I live in backwoods country so I might just cut down the tree I need firewood for the winter Im not worried about the plane it has sat around unused for 6 months untill onday when i paralleled 2 2s lipos to get it goin again they were nice batts but got them cheap so i lost about $10-$15 no big deal.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:17 PM
DrHerb

Hi everyone!

I recently bought a SkyFly2 and am afraid to fly it. The reason being is, theres kind of a "mix" in the controls. Say I pull the elevator to climb, the rudder will go right, and vice versa when I push down elevator. Basically both servos move at the same time., even if I disconnect the control rods from the surfaces. The only way I can currently use only elevator is if i move the stick to the bottom left corner for climb, or top right corner to dive, top left moves only the rudder to the left, and bottom right moves the rudder to the right. Anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks alot for your time!
Old 11-08-2009, 03:39 PM
RTice

Hi Herb:
What you are describing could be one of several things:

1) rtf transmitters are pretty touchy. If you are not bringing the elevator stick back in a perfect linear movement, then you are probably also activating the rudder. Practice bringing the sticks backwards and forwards (and right or left) without getting any movement from the other control surfaces.

2) make sure all of your control surfaces are trimmed to center...and that all your trim tabs are centered.

3) the skyfly has dual modes - Beginner and Expert (or something like that). The beginner mode mixes in delayed up elevator whenever the rudder is activated. Switch it to Expert to see if it helps (it removes the mix).

4) Make sure your antennae on the TX is fully extended...make sure the antennae wire on the RX is also fully extended

5) You may either have a bad TX or RX. If you purchased it at a local store, take it in and see if they can troubleshoot it. It would be much easier to do so in person.

Good luck.
Old 11-08-2009, 03:48 PM
DrHerb

Thanks for the reply!

It turns out, the switch under the battery cover in the transmitter was the culprit. Switched it the other way, and presto, problem solved!

Now to wait till this wind dies down a little bit.......... I got 2 fully charged batteries, ready to go.
Old 01-15-2010, 04:03 PM
mikec123

can someone please tell me the length of the reciver wire ...
Old 01-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Oracus

I went and found my old RX brick and the wire is a hair over 39inches.
Old 01-15-2010, 05:20 PM
mikec123

ok thanks just got back from trying it out once in a tree then i flew in circles has no distance could it be the type of wire or connection on the board? thanks for your imput
Old 01-15-2010, 05:41 PM
Oracus

What wire are you using? Did you check it connection with a multi-meter(Continuity from board to wire end)
Old 01-15-2010, 06:55 PM
mikec123

no i didnt kinda gave up aliittle dpressed and thinking of just getting a new plane that wa my first plane oracus what are you flying these days ?was thinking about going with the skyfly 2 2.4 gig model i really liked the skyfly had alot of fun with it...also looking at the spercub but prop in front is scary i crash alot... i like big planes that are slow and float like
Old 01-15-2010, 06:58 PM
Oracus

I flew my skyfly until july of last year it was also my 1st plane. I now build foamie planes with y friend. The sky fly is a great plane and the best trainer out there.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:59 PM
crash=burn

Almost forgot about this thread and I definitely forgot I had this plane. I purchased the original yellow SkyFly spontaneously at the LHS as my first real RC plane. Had fun flying at open fields both ROG and Hand launching but soon wanted more power and more maneuverability. Researched the forums and found A LOT of recommendations for the Hobbyzone Super Cub and the plane met the goals of the type of flyer I was looking for. So I purchased and so begin the RC Airplane disease with several planes purchased since. I never recommended this plane and see they have several different models, maybe things are better.

But instead of dumping more on my Skyfly I pulled it out of storage and soldered deans connectors so that I am able to use my 3s lipos and 10.8v nimhs. Motor sounds great on a 3s lipo and during a few full power 15sec bursts no smoke, motor isn't toast or warm, lipo temp is a tad warm so that is the extent of my testing lol. I will wait till the winds die down here and bring it out again.

Yesterday was it's first flight in perhaps 1.5-2years(lost track) running 8.4v nimh, all original as I purchased it, still slow and took forever to ROG takeoff. I can't believe I used to hand launch this plane! But she is still in perfect shape, unbelievable for a first RC plane, just had to replace the rudder nut the holds the fishing line(snapped) to control horn. And all the rubberbands were replaced due to dry rot.

edit- just realized this is my first post hmm, guess I was browsing more, here is pic I just took

Old 08-03-2010, 06:54 AM
neuroMarauder

This thread is great and has really helped prepare me for my first flight later today, hopefully, depending on weather.

I have one possible problem out of the box though, noticed as I was putting it together. The tail assembly isn't parallel with the wing. It is cockeyed and looks twisted. By loosening the rear-most screw on the fuselage, I can tweak the position of the rod and get the tail to look like it is in the right orientation in relation to the wing, BUT I'm not sure I should do this.

Is this a problem that will destroy its flight characteristics, or is it normal, meaning I shouldn't mess with it?
Old 08-03-2010, 07:53 AM
RTice

You should definitely work to get the horizontal stabilizer/elevator aligned with the wing. In doing so, the vertical stabilizer/rudder, should be perpendicular to both the wing and horiz stab. If they are not, control inputs will produce undesired, unexpected, and difficult to control flight characteristics that very well could lead to a crash.
Old 08-03-2010, 12:29 PM
neuroMarauder

I had to reset the hole in the black carbon rod because it had been drilled at the wrong spot. Now it appears nice and level. I can see how it would have caused strange behavior in flight. The rudder would have been at a really strange angle.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:13 PM
RTice

Good deal. It sounds like you have it set. Best of luck.

3 additional suggestions on the maiden flight...
- hand launch it (into the breeze of course)
- keep the flight to about 5 mins or less
- leave plenty of landing room (gliding and roll-out room) as the skyfly can keep going and going.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.