Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Pylon Universe - RC Pylon Racing > General Racing Discussion
Reload this Page >

Manufacturer Needed for Patent Pending Product....

Notices
General Racing Discussion Open discussion about racing and racing related topics

Manufacturer Needed for Patent Pending Product....

Old 08-05-2010, 08:59 AM
Ion01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Manufacturer Needed for Patent Pending Product....

I have been working for some time on a propeller design that will increase lift and efficiency with reduced drag. I have recently obtained patent pending status for the design and am now ready to produce a prototype for real world testing before going to market.
One of the key needs in the design is that the propeller be very strong yet light, therefore the propeller will need to be constructed out of carbon fiber and have a hollow structure to it in order to keep it light so the spool rate of the motor is not slowed. I know that this method of construction for the propeller is not new to this industry and there are props constructed this way.
So, for those in the know, I am needing to contact a manufacturer, not a distributor, that can produce a prototype, constructed in this way, and could produce the propeller once we are ready to go to market.
If anyone has contact info for manufacturers who may be able to help us please PM me with thier info.
I can supply the design in 3d CAD format so all the design work has be done regarding what the finished product should be like. This should make it easy to manufacture relatively quickly and my partner and I are ready to move forward and have a lot of plans in place that we cannot move forward with until we have a prototype and start moving towards full production.

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-05-2010, 10:03 AM
resourcecapital
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Manufacturer Needed for Patent Pending Product....

any GOOD cnc machine shop should be able to produce a mold for you. super cool props in australia used to do what you are speaking of but they went out of business last year.

without releasing trade secrets are you looking at larger 14"+ or smaller props to do??

wes in houston.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:41 AM
Ion01

My initial prototype would be a 23" prop so that I could use it on my 50CC motor for testing and comparison to existing designs.
Although I have talked to a few machine shops, unless they are particularly familiar with how to work with carbon fiber they don't seem to know what to do. In addition, composite materials are one of the few items I am not particularly familiar with myself so having a manufacturer with experience in this area would be extremely helpful.
Old 08-05-2010, 10:58 AM
Bill Vargas
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try www.apc.com and chat with Fred

BV
Old 08-06-2010, 04:54 PM
SSAN

Here you go... http://www.fiberglasssales.com/

Those guys specializes in composite manufacturing and they should be able to do what you're looking for.

Hope this helps.