Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Warbirds Over The Rockies

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Warbirds Over The Rockies

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 01:05 PM
reaper31
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Warbirds Over The Rockies

hey i was thinking about attending this year and bring my AH-64D, will i be able, or will i be told no when i show up with a heli?

[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19481.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1482534   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51088.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	1482535  
Old 08-11-2010, 01:13 PM
tfarmer96

now thats a sweet bird!
Old 08-11-2010, 01:30 PM
vertical grimmace

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

We have had heli's in the past. You will be more than welcome.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:37 PM
G-Pete

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: reaper31
hey i was thinking about attending this year and bring my AH-64D, will i be able, or will i be told no when i show up with a heli?
Here a picture from WBOTR 2008 - I see no problem with that

Name:	Qo39824.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	1482540  
Old 08-11-2010, 01:57 PM
reaper31

cool, thats what i thought, but i figured i would ask anyway.
Old 08-11-2010, 04:12 PM
fw190
My Feedback: (37)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that a 600 gas or electric? Would love to see military type Heli at the event. They did fly a turbine heli for a demo but motor quit and auto rotation wasn't a lovely ending. I was thinking of bringing my Logo 600 with a camera on it, just in case we loose another warbird in the corn field. Combing the corn field last year was a PITA for sure!
Old 08-11-2010, 04:14 PM
reaper31

its an electrified Hawk 50, using the stock trex 600 power setup
Old 08-11-2010, 06:45 PM
hairy46

Yes I remember that crash, And seeing it after, It was a shame! I hate to see crashes, it was a sad day for sure for the owner, And all of us that saw it!

Remember its easier to ask for forgiveness then it is for permission!
Old 08-15-2010, 08:45 AM
G-Pete

Model Airplane News edition October 2010 - good news!

Name:	Yv65826.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	191.3 KB
ID:	1484182   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76842.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	1484183  
Old 08-15-2010, 09:02 AM
larry@coyotenet
My Feedback: (21)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

on line add still $50
Old 08-15-2010, 09:11 AM
tfarmer96

ORIGINAL: G-Pete

If that’s a misprint the problem that will cause will be never ending.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:54 AM
vertical grimmace

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yes, this needs to be cleared up ASAP!
Old 08-15-2010, 02:46 PM
Bird of Paradise
My Feedback: (4)

Correction on WOTR Landing Fees

As several have pointed out the MAN ad indicates a $30.00 landing fee; however, this is an error. Unfortunately, I have no idea how this occurred! The fee is $50.00 as advertised on the website and in other materials. This fee does include one crew pass for all 3 days valued at $30.00. Sorry for the inconvenience and confusion.

Mike Harrington
WOTR CD and Event Co-Director
Old 08-15-2010, 03:09 PM
G-Pete

Mike - the question is, when someone shows up with the MAN October and points out that ad, what do you do? Not everyone has internet...
Old 08-15-2010, 03:37 PM
tfarmer96

Mike thanks for clearing that up. Stuff like that happens.
Old 08-15-2010, 03:42 PM
thunderbolt-RCU
My Feedback: (14)

The price has been posted on our web site along with ten thousand flyers, we have sent out emails to 500 people, and snail mail to several hundred. Flyers have been sent to about a 100 hobby shops in the eight states surrounding Colorado. all stating that the price is $50.00

There is no map on the Moelel Airplane News ad, so I would expect that any one coming from out of state, or out of the country, would contact us by phone, snail mail or email prior to coming to the event. All of the clubs in Coloradeo have received our letter and the flyer stating the $50.00

We are sorry about any confusion, but the price is $50.00.

Or preregistrations are ahead of last year at this time and last year we had 153 pilots from 18 states and participants from four continents. We also had 5000 spectators and we are planing on the same numbers for this year. All preregistrations came thru our web site.

Please remember this is not our day job, and mistakes will happen. If this is the worst problem we encounter of an event of this magnitude, then we will be lucky.
Two years ago our 15 porta poties overflowed on Sunday morning, and trust me, that was a whole worse problem.
It looks like MAN ran last years ad rather than the new one.

This is a similar problem to when a guy does not understand that the acceptable planes are to be a warbird, painted in warbird markings. If someone comes with a orange and green P-51, we will handle it on an individual basis.

The $50.00 does include a pit pass for the pilot and one crew.

This should end the dicussion of the MAN ad on this thread and we will handle any problems on an individual basis like I previousely stated.

Brian OMeara
Old 08-15-2010, 05:00 PM
G-Pete

ORIGINAL: thunderbolt-RCU
It looks like MAN ran last years ad rather than the new one.

Brian OMeara
There were changes, minor but changes - JR and the dates

here the ads

sorry you can't blame MAN

Name:	Eb86602.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	1484472   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq52599.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	1484473   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hn25735.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	190.1 KB
ID:	1484474   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vo37026.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	1484475  
Old 08-15-2010, 05:02 PM
G-Pete

ORIGINAL: thunderbolt-RCU
This should end the dicussion of the MAN ad on this thread

Brian OMeara

Sorry this is not up to you...
Old 08-15-2010, 05:29 PM
GaryM

Misprints happen and so do honest mistakes. This is getting to be like a slow news day when the opening story is about potholes in the streets or some other useless chatter. Lets all chip in .25 cents and mail it to G Pete so he can go the Rockies this year.

Hey Pete how come your not participating in the new thread about how many birds one has built from kits or plans in their modeling career.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:34 PM
furloughed ual
My Feedback: (31)

Dude, are you serious????? You HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!! I have followed your whining and bickering about the increase in landing fees for quite some time now....seriously man...what's your agenda here? If u recall early on, I offered to personally pay your extra $20 for you (or anyone else for that matter) to attend....you never took me up on it, but rather continue bring up the $50 event fee in any possible way u can. I guess that makes u feels good somehow. So the way I see it, it's not about the $50, but some other issue. After all, if the extra $20 "put u over the edge" financially and you wanted to attend, you would have taken me up on my offer to pay the $20 for you, atttended the event, and that would have been it. Clearly not the case.

The other day I heard about a concert that was coming to town....I thought it would be nice to take my wife to go see it. I found that the tickets were $100 each for the concert. So...... I did what any reasonable person living in a free country would do....I made a choice not to attend....I didn't decide to bash the band by doing an internet blog, contacting the band, calling the show promoter, or calling the venue where it was hosted and whining about the ticket prices....why? Because nobody cares. I simply chose not to attend......I suggest you do the same and either attend or stay home....completely your choice....the fee is $50.....no matter how many differnet posts or polls u do, or how much "homework" u do about year's past by pulling up flyers from previous years, it will not change. The choice is yours. Enough of the "$50" already.

I'm done with garbage about the fees....G-Pete take your adgenda elsewhere.....your bickering and whining about this was sadly brought up at a Warbird event I just attended out of state for the last 3 days....NOBODY CARES!!!! By the way, I paid whatever fee they were asking for their event without a second thought, because it is one on my "must attend" list. I don't even remember exactly how much it was. Didn't care either....I wanted to go and paid their landing fee.

I look forward to one of the best Warbird events in the country in September.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:00 PM
furloughed ual
My Feedback: (31)

disregard...unable to load image...[:@]
Old 08-15-2010, 06:02 PM
thunderbolt-RCU

Let's get back on track. I would like to know about some of the new planes coming to the event. I know of a fantastic 144 inch B-26 that will be attending from England. We also have a couple of fantastic planes coming from Brazil. One is a Top Gun caliber P-47 and I am not sure what the other is.

Merlyn Graves from Il. is bringing his scratch built, 120 inch Hellcat that was blown up from Don Smith plans. Truely a remarkable plane. THen there is a Henry Nguyn built F-84 from the Phantasy in Blue kit. It is the only long nose Thunderflash in the country. It is big at about 100 inches.

Steve Forrest is planning on a monster B-29 from Missouri.

THe PYRO show has been expanded and looks like we will have a few surprises in the full size fly overs on Saturday and Sundy- weatrher permitting.

I cannot wait to see Brian Young's 1/4 scale P-47 with the quad 220 engine.

There are at least a half dozen new planes that I know of, that guys are building and trying to get finished by the end of September. All are very unique and one of a kind.
Brian
Old 08-15-2010, 06:10 PM
transatlanticflight

Man the air is really thin up there in the mountains...
Old 08-15-2010, 06:14 PM
G-Pete

ORIGINAL: GaryM
Misprints happen and so do honest mistakes.
but it is not nice to try to blame others

This is getting to be like a slow news day when the opening story is about potholes in the streets or some other useless chatter.
Next time when a pothole is not fixed because the newspaper did not step on the city toes and were annoying - and you crash with your Harley about that pothole tell me again about useless...

Lets all chip in .25 cents and mail it to G Pete so he can go the Rockies this year.
Terry and me tried for two years to drag you to the Warbirds over the Rockies. "too far and too expensive" was your statement - please don't try that route. No thanks - I have my own money.

Hey Pete how come your not participating in the new thread about how many birds one has built from kits or plans in their modeling career.
Because I don't want to
Old 08-15-2010, 06:36 PM
G-Pete

ORIGINAL: furloughed ual

Dude, are you serious????? You HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!I have followed your whining and bickering about the increase in landing fees for quite some time now....seriously man...what's your agenda here? If u recall early on, I offered to personally pay your extra $20 for you (or anyone else for that matter) to attend....you never took me up on it, but rather continue bring up the $50 event fee in any possible way u can. I guess that makes u feels good somehow. So the way I see it, it's not about the $50, but some other issue. After all, if the extra $20 ''put u over the edge'' financially and you wanted to attend, you would have taken me up on my offer to pay the $20 for you, atttended the event, and that would have been it. Clearly not the case.
Please show me any of my post where I'm bickering or whine. No I don't. Normal Poll, polite statement and question about the landing fees. It is up to you to build your opinion and express them -
Now you want to express your opinion and suppress mine...

ORIGINAL: furloughed ual
I'm done with garbage about the fees....G-Pete take your adgenda elsewhere.....your bickering and whining about this was sadly brought up at a Warbird event I just attended out of state for the last 3 days....NOBODY CARES!!!! By the way, I paid whatever fee they were asking for their event without a second thought, because it is one on my ''must attend'' list. I don't even remember exactly how much it was. Didn't care either....I wanted to go and paid their landing fee.
I look forward to one of the best Warbird events in the country in September.
First you ask me what is my agenda, now you are telling me to take my agenda somewhere else. Could you please make up your mind...

To, nobody cares, well - my polls reach triple digit posts and four digits views within days. May the statement "nobody cares" is a little off, more like you don't care -

Oh

this is wrong too, because you took the time to type 393 words with 1767 characters - the average person types 45 words per minute - that could lead to the conclusion you spent about 8 minutes typing. You cared about me today thank you![X(]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.