Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

JUNK!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2010, 07:35 PM
chevymanmike1010
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JUNK!!!!!!!!

Well my brother bought a redcrap racing earthquake 3.0 for his birthday TWO months ago. During the first tank, clutch broke along with pullstarter. fixed it. during second tank, pullstarter again and again and again. During some what of a third tank, pullstarter broke again, steering assymbly broke and second gear in the transmission doesnt work. We have had this pyle of crap for two months. my little brother has played with it for less than 15 minutes. He spent $215 bucks of his birthday money two months ago for fifteen minutes of play time with this Piece Of Crap waste of money. Nothin but problems and more time spent fixin than playin. Red crap should send two of every part with this POS just so you dont have to spend money on parts for this horribly built PYLE-O-CRAP. Ive never had a problem out of my well built HPI SAVAGEX. 7 tanks on it anno problems. But the redcat on the other hand; less than 3 tanks, 215 for the car, 100 bucks in parts and a whopping 15 minutes of play time and hoursand hours of repair time. RTR on a redcrap means ready to repair. Im pissed because i believe if you pay money for something you should get a good quality product, not have to spend even more money on it for repairs after just three tanks. I wanted to get my lil brother into this hobby because i know he would enjoy it. But after all the problems with this redcrap clunker I think he is not gonna get into it. Red cat should stand behind there product and replace this runt of the litter with one that my brother can enjoy. If they wont exchange or give my brother his money back then we will all get to see how well a redcat racing earthquake 3.0 burns in a burn barrel an ill even share it on youtube for all my HPI and TRAXXAS buddies to get a good laugh at. HA probably wont stay lit. JUNK.

Old 07-30-2010, 08:29 PM
hhvg

Default RE: JUNK!!!!!!!!

Wow! Do you feel better?Just as you have horror stories with your redcat I can share worse stories about traxxas and a few about HPI. I still like some traxxas and HPI modelsthough. Is there a different Redcat modelfor you? Sorry you dont like your redcat. Maybe someone on here can help you out?

Old 07-30-2010, 11:48 PM
chevymanmike1010

lol yeah. i felt better after ventin lol. There isnt one for me. I just really would like to see my bro get in to this hobby. He wants to definetly get into it. so we looked up a fairly cheap, what i thought would be a good beginner nitro, redcat rc. Turns out its not a good rc car. everything breaks before he can drive it. Like i said, fifteen minutes is all he has gotten to drive it. not good. I know they all have there problems and weaknesses but damn not a list of them with less than three tanks through it.
Old 08-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Redcat-Derek

PM sent
Old 08-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Mickstix

See if you can get a replacement! Unless somethings changed in the last month or two, Redcat is one of the better co's as far as standing behind products..  I know it feels good to vent and bash the company, but if ya put the same effort into tryin to solve the problem or get the model replaced with a new one, you'll feel even better in the end! Good luck!!
Old 08-02-2010, 11:54 PM
chevymanmike1010

I gave derek from redcat some info he asked for. just waithing for a reply.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:08 PM
tylerjackson
My Feedback: (1)

Should of went with a Monsoon XTR since it can out perform your HPI Savage X. Since you already have a beast of a truck he might of liked the hobby if he could race it and beat it.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:15 AM
chevymanmike1010

My savage may not beat it in speed but i knowsomeones savage on here would.Im sure my modded 4.6 would kill it if mine was lower and on stock tires. It bieng a buggy, and low to the ground compared to my monster truck on 6 inch tall LST tires, it probably will beat it in speed.. As far as reliability and quality it doesnt stand a chance. I dont have much faith in redcat due to all the problems with my brothers. I'll sacrifice a little speed, if any, for a good well built quality product. Who knows maybe we just got an ugly duckling or dud earthquake.
Old 08-14-2010, 09:01 AM
buggyboy2010

Man, some people just have horrible luck... I'm done trying to back-up the Redcat, with all My experience with them.. ZERO issues with all 3 of My Redcat RC's.. Goodluck in the future!
Old 08-21-2010, 02:02 PM
robusmcs30

Well i for one have to give some credit to redcat, atleast towards there volcano s30... damn what a truck, im a active duty marine and i work on average 127 hours a week... so i work hard and i play even harder... to this day i have yet to kill this little truck and i mean ive put this thing threw hell and back... broke a couple things due to my reckless nature buuuuut nothing an ass load of zip ties cant fix... cant say much for the other products of redcat.... perhaps u indeed got the ugly duckling, were all human and somethings get missed.... well good luck and hope ur borther stays with it
Old 09-25-2010, 11:36 PM
catbob007

I love my redcat like a fat kid loves cake?
Old 09-26-2010, 10:40 PM
rchobbyunlimited

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: hhvg

Wow! Do you feel better?Just as you have horror stories with your redcat I can share worse stories about traxxas and a few about HPI. I still like some traxxas and HPI modelsthough. Is there a different Redcat modelfor you? Sorry you dont like your redcat. Maybe someone on here can help you out?

This is so very true I have a savage XL that never raned right out of the box it has been in the shop 3 times I have tried to fix it my self now it runs but not great at all stuck in third gear and idles to high no matter how closed you set the idle screw. I have over 30 nitro cars so it comes with the hobby its not just because its a rdecat. i have had great sucess with redcat as well as other compinies.

Old 10-02-2010, 10:19 PM
AllAboutFunHobbies

I can honestly say I have NEVER taken a savage out of a box or sold one that hasn't started and we've sold A LOT of them. IMO, they are the best trucks on the market hands down. Traxxas yes, we've actually had a couple that were total crap from day one, I think they were built on a Wednesday at quiting time or something.