Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

ofna .28

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 10:05 PM
kdub41
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ofna .28

Ijust bought a used ofna st with starter box .28 motor and lost of other parts, but to get to the point is there a way you can make it a roto start?
Old 08-14-2010, 11:14 PM
ALL RIDER

Default RE: ofna .28

yes check nitrohouse for a backplate
Old 08-14-2010, 11:36 PM
jmaxey51

IMO i wouldnt convert to roto start. they arent that reliable and a pain in the butt. i had two engines with them and they didnt work 75% of the time, stupid gears stripped all the time.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:43 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

Roto starts eat one way bearings too. I just bought my first starter box, and I love it...

Eric
Old 08-17-2010, 08:59 PM
pigpen1

in order to convert to roto start the whole crankshaft needs to be changed because the backing plate for roto start is different then for the bump box
Old 08-17-2010, 09:01 PM
pigpen1

in order to convert to roto start the whole crankshaft needs to be changed because the backing plate for roto start is different then for the bump box
Old 08-17-2010, 09:19 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: jmaxey51

IMO i wouldnt convert to roto start. they arent that reliable and a pain in the butt. i had two engines with them and they didnt work 75% of the time, stupid gears stripped all the time.
agree
after 4 months of using one I put pull starts back on all my vehicles. Got really fed up when the damn battery would all of a sudden die. I also broke a con-rod using it when the engine hydro locked when starting it(it was a new engine set insanely rich from the factory).
Old 08-17-2010, 10:40 PM
jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: jmaxey51

agree
after 4 months of using one I put pull starts back on all my vehicles. Got really fed up when the damn battery would all of a sudden die. I also broke a con-rod using it when the engine hydro locked when starting it(it was a new engine set insanely rich from the factory).
pull start is even less reliable IMO, they break the string, i had 2 engines with them and i broke them instantly and i had a .12 engine and alot of the time the string wont retract back in so needless to say i never use them. bump box is the way to go. so easy a caveman can do it hahahah

Old 08-18-2010, 06:34 AM
cummins driver
My Feedback: (31)

A bump box is easiest, but a pull start is still much better than a roto start. If you have a good quality pull start and you know how to use it, you wont have any problems for a long time.

Eric