Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Old 08-11-2010, 12:04 PM
boothg-3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Mike , dont forget about a transmitter case
Old 08-11-2010, 08:50 PM
Gungadin

Yeah Mike, we want a transmitter case !
Old 08-13-2010, 07:51 AM
lunarhemal

Guys,

Looks like I missed on a lot of promotional wear outs !!! i just got my Aurora 9 a couple of days back. Anyways, i got a free Rx. coupon inside. so i will claim for the same.

Sure would like to have a decent Neckstrap and flamed Cap - Hitec.

Hemal
Old 08-13-2010, 08:02 AM
JIMF14D

You can buy nice HITEC straps on Ebay!
Old 08-14-2010, 05:27 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi

Okay you guys at Hitec ,........................................... get the point ( if I wore a thong it would look bad for my figure ) .

Michel
Old 08-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Michel

HI

Hope you guys are haveing as good a summer as I am .

Well I amhopeing someone will help me out here to clear things up

What I have to do is add some weight to the tail section of the aircraft . In the three picture , the first is a pictures of the batterys . It is two packs , 5 cell , 1400 Mah each ( they are the light green one,s ) . The second picture shows the wing hold down plate , where the antenna,s are , there are two of them . The third picture is an overall shot of the open fuse .

What I want to do is remve the battery packs from the forward possition and tywrap them to the wing hold down plate , just under the antenna,s .

Will the batterys under the antenna,s , cause any inteference . Is it safe to fly with the antennw.s and batterys are in close proximaty of each other

Michel
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13634.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	1484444   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67522.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	151.4 KB
ID:	1484445   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ze86582.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	108.3 KB
ID:	1484446  
Old 08-15-2010, 05:18 PM
craigteffe
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle

HI

What I have to do is add some weight to the tail section of the aircraft . In the three picture , the first is a pictures of the batterys . It is two packs , 5 cell , 1400 Mah each ( they are the light green one,s ) . The second picture shows the wing hold down plate , where the antenna,s are , there are two of them . The third picture is an overall shot of the open fuse .

What I want to do is remve the battery packs from the forward possition and tywrap them to the wing hold down plate , just under the antenna,s .

Will the batterys under the antenna,s , cause any inteference . Is it safe to fly with the antennw.s and batterys are in close proximaty of each other

Michel
Move the batteries to the hold down plate and relocate the antennas forward of the receiver, one on each side.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Michel

Hi Craig

Thanks for that tip ,. and it,s a good one . I would like to know though if it would be dangerous to put the packs under the antenna,s ?

Thanks

Michel
Old 08-15-2010, 06:15 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok,

I did the Upgrade to version 1.07 on my Aurora, and also my module and receivers.

Am I going to have any troubles with the Optima 6 seeing that there is no upgrade?

Do I need to upgrade my Optic 6 module to work with the receivers?

Andy
Old 08-15-2010, 07:19 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: AJsToyz Ok, I did the Upgrade to version 1.07 on my Aurora, and also my module and receivers. Am I going to have any troubles with the Optima 6 seeing that there is no upgrade?
Do I need to upgrade my Optic 6 module to work with the receivers? Andy
. Given that you have a Spectra Pro 2.4 module in the Optic 6,if to be used with upgraded Optima 7 &9upgrade that as wel. Two step process, after upgarding to V2.0, user must select and save LBW. refer Aurora A9 - Firmware Update V1.07 & Spectra Pro V2.0 - Effective 13Jul10. (copy page 7attached) .

. Optima 6 transceiver was not released until the latest firmware was installed.

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Name:	Us54966.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	1484594  
Old 08-15-2010, 10:40 PM
zero244
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Michel: You have some serious equipment in your plane.........wait till the Telemetry stuff comes out.......your going to have to put a basement in the plane or at least a small room addition.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:36 PM
lunarhemal

Hi jim,

thanks, but i didnt find Hitec straps on Ebay.com

It seems there are 2 design of straps. the one i like is HT8311 part no (RED/BLACK). . The one listed on Tower hobbies is OK, looks like Futaba. (ORANGE)

anyways, i will keep searching !!

Hemal
Old 08-16-2010, 01:08 AM
lunarhemal

Hi guys,

first of all, let me confess that i didnt go through the manual, word by word, just fly my eyes on it.

I did setup my Raptor 30V2 and Raptor 50 titan on Aurora 9 and programming was a breeze, however, faced some tricky issue also - like the "C" & "S" on the flight conditions idle 1-2 & Hold. however, this seems useful if done in the correct sequence. As - Setup normal graph, seperate it, setup Idle 1 graph, seperate it, then idle 2 graph, seperate it, and lastly the hold down graph.

Remember, the hold down graph should be setup properly, both for throtle and pitch. I had this issue, saying that when i switch back from hold sw., the throtle would go down to completely closed and then return to normal stick condition. This was because i didnt setup the throtle graph properly on Hold condition. Second was, both the rates for hold switch should be kept same - like on sw G - Rate 1 and Rate 2 should be same e.g. 25%, or else the throtle would jump back - try this and see for yourself.

Also, the trim adjustments on the Normal condition, if left "INH" trim adjustements on diff. flight conditions will vary. Actually this should be, by default to "ACT"

Another issue i faced was the Gyro rate settings, by default this setting follows the flight condition "C" & "S" systems. Initiallly, i did the flight condition with all graphs "S" seperated. So the Gyro rates were also seperated with flight conditions. generally i need 75% Gyro gain. I was almost loosing my heli here, as in Normal i had 75% and then when i switched to idle 1, the rate was default to 50% and was just about to crash. Again, this should be, by default to "C" for all flight condition.

One strange thing i noticed with my Raptor 30 setup. I have all the servo centered and almost at 90 Deg. I took this new 6 channel Optima 2.4GHz Rx connect to it. What i see that the servo travel on both sides were way off different. like on Elev high, i had 118 and low at 88. Similarly on AIL high 100 and low 63 - strange. I will investigate further to know why this happened.

There is a DEAD band on the left corner of Aileron stick as shown on model Review videos. - Latency is no issue.

I posted my Software change wish list on that special forum : heres i say again !!

1.) Model names should be re-shuffled. e.g. I wish to move the 5th model to 2nd position.
2.) Backlight should be white, green looks like 1980s.
3.) Anti scratch Screen guard should be supplied in the box. - we are sure to spoil it with fuel and oils. or at least availalbe from Hitec.
4.) Radio Balance is way too backwards, need a eye ring between the switch and screen.

Hemal
Old 08-16-2010, 01:17 AM
lunarhemal

To me it looks like the smoke system valve should be moved back, LiPo battery must be lighter than that.
Also the smoke fuel tank can be shifted , if there is space available.

Let us see the complete bird as well. Post some nice pics.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:48 AM
JIMF14D

Try this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Hitec-Transmitte...ts_Accessories

There will be more on Ebay, Ibought mine-red-there in the spring when Ibought an A9.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:50 AM
JIMF14D

Search on here and you will find nice A9 screen protectors. Two for about $17.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Brendan Lugo

Part number 58311 is the neck strap.

The one that has the black trim on the edges was an older version so it may be harder to find one of them in stock at a shop.
Old 08-16-2010, 01:48 PM
Bob Pastorello
My Feedback: (198)

ORIGINAL: michel gravelle

HI

Michel
Michel - my .02 worth on "hiding" batteries. As a general rule, following good antenna placement practices from decades....I try to not place antennas in "shadows" of metal or high-carbon content objects in the airframe. I envision my transmitter as a point-source for light, and try to imagine positions in the airframe where the "stuff" (engine, battery packs, banks of servos, etc. ) will not "block" that point source. (I realize that's kind of a hokey explanation, and the ee's and purists will have a field day with me, but I also haven't had any 2.4 Ghz problems and I was an early adopter of the Spektrum .....)

I also try to have an antenna in a "vertical" orientation, and one in a "horizontal" (obviously only applies on the 9 channel) for the same "best signal benefit" positioning.

It's not a technically-qualified reply, Michel, but it is my experience that things improve when antennas are in "open space" for that line-of-sight to the transmitter.....{flame suit on}
Old 08-16-2010, 04:14 PM
Michel

ORIGINAL: zero244

Hey Michel: You have some serious equipment in your plane.........wait till the Telemetry stuff comes out.......your going to have to put a basement in the plane or at least a small room addition.
Hi

Not at all ,..................... very ordinary for a giant scale warbird . There is NO smoke , No smoke pump , and no smoke tank . There are two servos for the elevators , one for the tail wheel , one for the rudder , one for the throttle , and servo one for retracts . There is a matchbox for the elevators and a Smart Fly for power distribution . Absolutely nothing extra , and the battery's are NOT lipo,s there Nimh .

For those who know WarBirds ,........................... very simple giant scale

Sure wish Brendan or AT or Mike , would add some advice to my question .

Can I install my battery packs under the antenna,s ?

Thanks

Michel

Name:	Rp43912.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	117.3 KB
ID:	1485187  
Old 08-16-2010, 04:47 PM
MikeMayberry

Michael- Ideally you want to keep the antenna's away from the electronics but I've done allot of testing/flying with the antenna(s) in the worst possible places with zero issues. As long as you get a good range check at all angles then you should be fine, especially using two antenna's.

BTW... Nice bird!

Mike.
Old 08-16-2010, 05:18 PM
Michel

Hi

Thanks Mike for youre reply , believe me , ...................... it helps ( confidence ) . And Bob Pastorello , two cents from you ,................. I,m a rich man .

I will work harder to reinstall for better antenna positioning .

Thanks guys

Regards

Michel
Old 08-16-2010, 06:55 PM
jpcr44

Great Hobbies in Edmonton Canada has the old style in stock for $8.99

http://www.greathobbies.com/producti...rod_id=HIT8311
Old 08-16-2010, 07:27 PM
Gungadin

Flew my A9 this past week end in it's 2nd pattern contest. I'm getting used to it more & more. The radio worked well enough to get me first place. I'm starting to like it more & more. Will fly it's 3rd pattern contest the end of August. I should be in synch with the A9 by then. So far I'm the only Hitec guy amongst the Futaba, JR, & Airtronics pattern flyers, but my A9 is as good or better than any of the others. Maybe some of the other brand flyers will take notice of Hitec for pattern.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:20 PM
zero244

ORIGINAL: Gungadin

Flew my A9 this past week end in it's 2nd pattern contest. I'm getting used to it more & more. The radio worked well enough to get me first place. I'm starting to like it more & more. Will fly it's 3rd pattern contest the end of August. I should be in synch with the A9 by then. So far I'm the only Hitec guy amongst the Futaba, JR, & Airtronics pattern flyers, but my A9 is as good or better than any of the others. Maybe some of the other brand flyers will take notice of Hitec for pattern.
Congrats: Im sure they were thinking only the top three brands should be taking home first place trophy. Not some new kid on the block Hitec Aurora 9 owner.
Old 08-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Gungadin

Thanks Zero !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.