Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

2010 VINTAGE OFF-ROAD NATIONALS

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 09:10 AM
MarkWesterfield

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 VINTAGE OFF-ROAD NATIONALS

2010 VINTAGE OFFROAD NATIONALS
Brought to you by: Tamiya, Team Associated, Tekin, Team Trinity, RCTVLive, RC10Talk.com

September 16th, 17th, 18th & 19th, 2010

Radio Control Raceway & Hobbies
(203) 575-9757
1258 South Main Street
Waterbury, CT 06706
USA

$35.00 for the first class (includes a race shirt)
$30.00 each additional class
$40.00 for Classic (includes handout Tamiya RS540 black can motor)
$25.00 for Novice class (must be 14 years of age or under)

Top five in “A” Mains receive awards
Top three in all other mains receive awards

Thursday- Open practice from open until close

Friday- Open practice from open until close

Saturday- Open practice from shop open followed by controlled practice by class and first round of IFMAR qualifying.

Sunday- 3 more rounds of IFMAR qualifying with a resort after each round, Concours, Mains and Door Prizes

Concours for Best Paint, Most Authentic, Best in Show

Classes:
** All classes are limited to car produced 1994 and earlier.**

2wd Buggy
27 turn ROAR legal stock and 17.5 brushless motors only (under current rules).
Radio gear "electronics" are open.
Tires/wheels are open
Li-Po batteries are allowed.

2wd Buggy Super Stock
Open to ROAR legal Brushless or Modified Brushed motors
Open modification
Must run vintage body
Tires/wheels are open

4wd Buggy

Stadium Truck
Tires/wheels are open (including narrow front tires)

Heavy Metal
All 1/10 Monster Trucks allowed, 2wd of 4wd, 2ws or 4ws

Classic- Sponsored by Tamiya
Limited to "non-pro" and entry level cars (Tamiya Hornet, Mauri Ninja, Royal Ripper for example)
All 1/10 Buggies, 2wd or 4wd, 2ws or 4ws allowed
Handout Tamiya RS540 motors only

Novice
ALL RACERS MUST BE 14 YEARS OF AGE OR UNDER
Limited to "non-pro" and entry level cars (Tamiya Hornet, Mauri Ninja, Royal Ripper for example)
All 1/10 Buggies, 2wd or 4wd, 2ws or 4ws allowed
Silver can Mabuchi/Johnson 540 motors.

Hey everyone! Just getting the starting details of the 2010 Vintage Offroad Nationals posted for now so everyone can get some more time this year to plan ahead. The race will Sept 16-19th, that's right RCHR is opening its doors a day early to let everyone get some extra track time and leave a day open in the schedule for a few ideas I'm working on too! I couldn't be happier to see the race come back for it's third year and am honored to once again have it at RCHR! The facility is the best around for vintage racing and the owners are second to none! Here's a few quick notes for you guys until I get more solid details posted

Airports: Bradley International Airport in Hartford, CT is the nearest to the track. If your airline doesn't fly into there, look into any of the greater New York City airports as well as Westchester Airport. NYC is only an hour and a half from the track and Westchester is less than an hour.

Hotels: The best hotel for the race is the Holiday Inn Express in Waterbury. I'm currently working on a discounted rate for the race attendees so stay tuned.

Getting your stuff to the race: Unlike a lot of races I try to make the VO Nats as personal of an experience as possible. While I can't speak for the track owners, I'm sure shipping your stuff to the track wouldn't be a problem, please just call and speak with them. My bigger purpose in this note is to offer myself. If you would like to ship your stuff to my house, I'll be more than happy to bring it all up to the track for you and even drop it off at the PO of UPS the following monday. A third option is bringing it with you on the plane (if you're flying). I would suggest a metal footlocker , lockable hard plastic tubs or a hard case like those used for transporting musical equipment. You can find tour cases for musical equipment at any good sized music store or on the internet. I would suggest packing everything as tightly as possible and filling any empty space with towels to provide some cushioning. I also have a case if someone would like to borrow it. Just send me a ups label and I'll send it to you.

Visit http://www.rchr.biz for track info and pictures. Hope to see you all in September for a great weekend of racing, fun and gorgeous New England fall weather!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:21 AM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 2010 VINTAGE OFF-ROAD NATIONALS

hey mark, i can't make the race (it's our anniversary).

would it be ok if i came thursday and friday for practice?

i was planning on racing my jrx2, but then the wife reminded me about our plans.

so i'd love the opportunity to get some practice in and chat with my fellow vintage racers.
Old 08-18-2010, 09:24 AM
MarkWesterfield

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, thats fine.
Old 08-20-2010, 08:47 AM
kaiser01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

c'mon folks lets get the word out!

i just visited the track last nite and it's really nice. the owners have really taken the time and enrgy to keep and maintain an awesome indoor clay track.
the shop has full parts support for all the major racing brands. it's alot like the facilities that you would find on the west coast.

so you guys with rc's made before 1994, dig them out of the closet, clean them up and come out for some good times and good racing.

btw, thanks for giving us the tour mark, i can't wait to start racing there on a regular basis.