Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

hk 450

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2010, 06:02 PM
rchelipilot10/30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hk 450

built a new hk 450 and on my first flight it ran fine. my second flight however, the tail didnt seem to spin fast enough to keep it in place. Hobby King does seem to have some issues with the tail drive gears, so i took the heli apart and took a look at what i was dealing with. I didn't seem to find any loose parts with the gear, it appeared to be fine. Does anyone have any other theories as to what my problem may be?
Old 07-15-2010, 01:39 PM
bauerbach

Default RE: hk 450

I believe I remember reading that the tail shaft did not have a notch in it for the grub screw on the gear, perhaps this was slipping on the shaft? that might be one place to start looking. I believe there is also a 1 way bearing in the main gear, if this were to slip... could be an issue... or the gyro isnt applying the proper pitch.
Old 07-16-2010, 09:54 PM
KCinNC

i always thought the gear that was the problem, was the front belt gear that turned with the main gear...
Old 08-07-2010, 02:07 PM
rchelipilot10/30

i fixed it but then went to fly and my motor slipped back, i've now had this problem for like 5 flights in a row and haven't even gotten it off the ground yet this week. i pushed the motor forward to reconnect it with the gear and tightened the screws as much as i could but it's still slipping so i did the very un mechanical thing and just added a little bit of crazy glue. i'm letting it dry now and am just anxious to get this thing in the air lol
Old 08-07-2010, 06:00 PM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: rchelipilot10/30

i fixed it but then went to fly and my motor slipped back, i've now had this problem for like 5 flights in a row and haven't even gotten it off the ground yet this week.
I wonder if that is why so many in different forums recommend to stay away from that brand?
Old 08-07-2010, 06:02 PM
rotor09

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oops - repeated
Old 08-14-2010, 09:38 PM
dude7422

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWSTAQV26hM[/youtube]
ORIGINAL: rotor09

ORIGINAL: rchelipilot10/30

i fixed it but then went to fly and my motor slipped back, i've now had this problem for like 5 flights in a row and haven't even gotten it off the ground yet this week.
I wonder if that is why so many in different forums recommend to stay away from that brand?

the hk450 & exi450 are same and have same flaws .. but are easy to fix those flaws if your a seasoned rcer
the rear tail shaft needs a flat spot ground into it for the grip holder to LOCK on to or into
the tail holder needs a set screw in to boom to keep it in place
Old 08-18-2010, 12:00 PM
midntpumkin

if this is the plastic version then yes ,use washers on the motor screws , the other thing i did on not so good landings , the motor mount isint that strong , go with the metal one . same as the vid shown above pin that plastic tail , i havent had a issue with the tail slipping just twisting . the plastic kit flyes fine when built right and loctited and all the screws going into metal, ones going into plastic crazy glued in . i also used 4 weights on the flybar (2 on each side) in toward the head , it calms the cyclic alot and it will hover better than having them out on the paddles. this is a good kit to learn on its cheaper to get a new kit than get parts for it .
same kit but in the usa so shipping is quicker http://www.valuehobby.com/index.php