Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Chassis Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 02:30 PM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chassis Problem

Wondering of any of you have had simiular issues, and have maybe a simple fix. Last night I mounted my k4.6 onto my jammin crt and noticed the motor mounts wont sit flat against the chassis. The backplate/pullstart protrudes slightly below the bottem of the engine mount, lifting the back end a tad. Ican wrench it down with the mount screws, but as you can imagine it made making my mesh a PITA.

I had thought about dremeling out where the bottom of the backplate and pullstart rest on the chassis so the mounts will sit flat, but dont want to go cuttin holes in the chassis if theres another way. Anyone have any issues like this?

Old 08-20-2010, 02:37 PM
nitrofishing

Default RE: Chassis Problem

You have to shim the engine really high or put a nonpullstart backplate on the engine if available and use a starter box.
Old 08-20-2010, 03:01 PM
Shenanigans
My Feedback: (12)

Never thought about shimming the engine up off the mounts a bit......wouldnt have to be to far, maybe 3/16th".  I just hope the extra height doesnt make mesh impossible......especially since Im running a 15t CB, its already a bit tight.

Would it be better the shim the engine higher on the mounts, or shim the mount up off the chassis?  Might be tight fitting shims inbetween the engine and mount.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:16 PM
nitrofishing

What ever is the easiest for you, makes no differance.You will have the same results. Hope this helps. Have fun!