Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Hpi Trophy Truggy = HB lightning Staduim?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Hpi Trophy Truggy = HB lightning Staduim?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:58 PM
neonoodles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hpi Trophy Truggy = HB lightning Staduim?

Hi all, I have a simple question, I have a HB Lighting Staduim truck (with a mixture of parts off the pro) which has been sat under my bed for the best part of 2 years. I've deceided to clean it up and stick a new engine in it as the wasp .26 i had in it gave up the goose.

While i was looking into something i noticed most of the parts i needed came under the HPI truggy section, and having visited the website, the Trophy Truggy looks identical to the hot bodies truck, just branded HPI. ( i know that HB where a sub brand of HPI)

My question is this, are the trucks the same, apart from the minor detials like the body? Do they share the same components and whats different on them, Looking at the truggy manual i;'d say so, would like claffication so i can possible convert this to the truggy

Neil
Old 08-19-2010, 10:44 PM
jmaxey51

Default RE: Hpi Trophy Truggy = HB lightning Staduim?

there is hardly anything the same. the D8T is based off the lightning but the D8T is WAY better.
Old 08-19-2010, 11:47 PM
neonoodles

! think you may have mis-read the question.

Im comparing it against the HPI Trophy Truggy 4.6
Old 08-20-2010, 02:29 PM
nitrofishing

I had HB lightining stadium and i know the Trophy is the same truck and all the parts are the same. If you need some parts don't hesitate to buy the Trophy parts, you can also covert the radio tray to the D8 and i think it makes the truck work better. Also covert the axels to 17mm and run the newest low profile tires,this makes a big differance and go all with the carbon parts and plastic arms,blue heavy shock springs adjust your oils,also titanium turnbuckles and you will have a winner!
Old 08-21-2010, 06:09 AM
neonoodles

Thank you, thought it was, Before i do anything i need a engine, clutch and bell for it, and recommendations?
Old 08-21-2010, 07:58 PM
nitrofishing

The best engine overall is to get a good .21 and overall i like the Werks B5.The Hot bodies 3 shoe flywheel and go with aluminum clutch shoes(try different ones )with hot bodies springs with the 13 tooth or 14 clutch. This a good and the cheapest setup i have found that works great for me. Also try, take out the spacer on the wing holder,now trim the mount to fit around the screws , this will lower the wing and looks like the new stuff the other companies are doing. If you need any more info i have tried alot of things to make my truck more like everyone elses and handle better.