Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

This could not have happened at a worse time...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

This could not have happened at a worse time...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 07:12 PM
wahoo
My Feedback: (59)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: This could not have happened at a worse time...

Jet / scale / 3D  or what ever..........doesn't matter if we all lose the opportunity to fly now does it ???
Old 08-21-2010, 07:31 PM
uncljoe
My Feedback: (8)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jetguy34695

I thought this was a jet forum this topic has been on the top for too long

just my opinion
I agree....... Where is the Moderator ??????
Old 08-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: wahoo
Lack of what led to this event...
Intelligence.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:36 PM
wahoo

MOMMY MOMMY he said she said hahahaha shut it down..... A mind is like a parachute.... the SOB only works if its OPEN...... Go ahead shut this thread down..... makes no never mind to me as I was not part of it nor will I ever take be... part of such a Cluster !! hehehehe DUMBASSES
Old 08-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

VERY entertaining!
Old 08-21-2010, 07:38 PM
Woketman
My Feedback: (6)

Perhaps the name should be changed to Yahoo.....
Old 08-21-2010, 07:38 PM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

I agree that the subject has about run it's course.

I will however give it a bit longer before closing it.

J.Duncker moderator
Old 08-21-2010, 07:41 PM
uncljoe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: j.duncker

J.Duncker moderator
Why ????? What are you waiting for a Mushroom Cloud ?
Joe
wahoo

yahoo = LMFAO      no matter who is right of wrong.... I voiced my ****ty opinion
rjbob

2010 cuz.... If a 16y/o can text and drive a land based vehicle then I think an accomplished airmen can STATE his intentions over the airwaves via RADIO and this type of incident would NOT have happened. Go ahead and make yerself look like a fool by disagreeing with me...... I dare ya !!
No problem!

You inferred in your post that all aircraft should be equipped with radios...that is what is ignorant. Pilots flying non-radio equipped aircraft are generally more aware of their surroundings and know the proper procedures for arrival and departure from uncontrolled airfields.

The contributing factor in the incident wasn't the lack of a radio...it was the lack of proper communication. They had radios.

I fly radio equipped aircraft for a living. I have also flown planes which had no radios. The difference is that one has to be more vigilant in airport areas. For those pilots who aren't exercising proper procedures it probably wouldn't even matter. Having a radio equipped aircraft doesn't make a pilot any safer if he/she doesn't use the radio properly.

In this incident, the air boss, who had a radio, was not properly communicating with the full scale pilot and the R/C pilot. The stunt itself was a really bad idea in the first place, though. Even with proper radio communication this type of thing totally disregards safety.
Old 08-21-2010, 07:43 PM
rjbob

ORIGINAL: uncljoe

ORIGINAL: j.duncker

J.Duncker moderator
Why ????? What are you waiting for a Mushroom Cloud ?
Joe
Ya got me, Joe...

That was FUNNY!!!

BOOM!
Old 08-21-2010, 08:03 PM
wahoo

ORIGINAL: rjbob

2010 cuz.... If a 16y/o can text and drive a land based vehicle then I think an accomplished airmen can STATE his intentions over the airwaves via RADIO  and this type of incident would NOT have happened.  Go ahead and make yerself look like a fool by disagreeing with me...... I dare ya !!
No problem!

You inferred in your post that all aircraft should be equipped with radios...that is what is ignorant. Pilots flying non-radio equipped aircraft are generally more aware of their surroundings and know the proper procedures for arrival and departure from uncontrolled airfields.

The contributing factor in the incident wasn't the lack of a radio...it was the lack of proper communication. They had radios.

I fly radio equipped aircraft for a living. I have also flown planes which had no radios. The difference is that one has to be more vigilant in airport areas. For those pilots who aren't exercising proper procedures it probably wouldn't even matter. Having a radio equipped aircraft doesn't make a pilot any safer if he/she doesn't use the radio properly.

In this incident, the air boss, who had a radio, was not properly communicating with the full scale pilot and the R/C pilot. The stunt itself was a really bad idea in the first place, though. Even with proper radio communication this type of thing totally disregards safety.
Again we can have a youth...(16/y/o) talking and/or texting while driving ANY land based vehicle they deem and only a certain few states legislated against it ... Yet a FULL SCALE  airborn vehicle  (without a radio) has all the priority in the world to firewall the throttle 30 feet above the runway  with SMOKE ON and run the full length  and come hell or high water  EVERYONE including us RC's are expected to heed ???

Someones full of    S H I T     period.  I do't buy it.    You wanna haul the mail down show center without permission ya better be ready for any and all the repercussions that entails ...  Even though I think someone's exaggerating the $8 grand price tag.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:22 PM
rjbob

2010 cuz.... If a 16y/o can text and drive a land based vehicle then I think an accomplished airmen can STATE his intentions over the airwaves via RADIO and this type of incident would NOT have happened. Go ahead and make yerself look like a fool by disagreeing with me...... I dare ya !!
No problem!

Again we can have a youth...(16/y/o) talking and/or texting while driving ANY land based vehicle they deem and only a certain few states legislated against it ... Yet a FULL SCALE airborn vehicle (without a radio) has all the priority in the world to firewall the throttle 30 feet above the runway with SMOKE ON and run the full length and come hell or high water EVERYONE including us RC's are expected to heed ???

Someones full of S H I T period. I do't buy it. You wanna haul the mail down show center without permission ya better be ready for any and all the repercussions that entails ... Even though I think someone's exaggerating the $8 grand price tag.
Again...they HAD radios.

Whether or not radios were involved, you won't find that anyone is advocating the pilots (both of them) flying stupidly or recklessly.

Has nothing to do with radios.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:26 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok, I'm going to back up what J. Dunker has stated. This is a very valid topic and deserves to be discussed in the forums. We're not going to shut down the thread simply because a few members don't know how to participate in a civil discussion without attacking those that they don't agree with. For the most part this discussion has stayed civil, even when it got heated, and I appreciate those members that did that. But for those that seem to think they have an open license to attack members they don't agree with I would recommend that they do not participate in this discussion any further, because if the attacks, insults, foul language, and otherwise rude behaviour continues those members will find themselves on MS for a bit until they can learn how to interact with other members in a civil manner. The choice is entirely up to those members that want to cause problems, but please do not think that I am kidding with what I have said here. The choice is entirely up to you.

Ken
Old 08-21-2010, 08:37 PM
rjbob

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Ok, I'm going to back up what J. Dunker has stated. This is a very valid topic and deserves to be discussed in the forums. We're not going to shut down the thread simply because a few members don't know how to participate in a civil discussion without attacking those that they don't agree with. For the most part this discussion has stayed civil, even when it got heated, and I appreciate those members that did that. But for those that seem to think they have an open license to attack members they don't agree with I would recommend that they do not participate in this discussion any further, because if the attacks, insults, foul language, and otherwise rude behaviour continues those members will find themselves on MS for a bit until they can learn how to interact with other members in a civil manner. The choice is entirely up to those members that want to cause problems, but please do not think that I am kidding with what I have said here. The choice is entirely up to you.

Ken
I disagree with your signature.

I had a plane lose radio contact and fly into the clouds. There is no proof that it ever landed.

Never saw it again.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:49 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

I disagree with your signature.

I had a plane lose radio contact and fly into the clouds. There is no proof that it ever landed.
That's what happens when RC models and full-scale aircraft fly simultaneously from the same site within the Bermuda Triangle. The model gets sucked into the void created by the fullscale aircraft if that fullscale flies without the use of a radio, and the risk is amplified if the model is a poorly designed and manufactured Skymaster model that is flown by a guy who got his waiver on a model that weighs less than 12.5 lbs.

Surely the above is not rocket science, and everyone should know how to avoid such a situation.

Gordon
Old 08-21-2010, 08:53 PM
Tom Antlfinger
My Feedback: (24)

Old 08-21-2010, 08:59 PM
wahoo

I bet this post stands  !!!!!!!!!

Old 08-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Airplanes400
My Feedback: (349)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Gordon Mc

That's what happens when RC models and full-scale aircraft fly simultaneously from the same site within the Bermuda Triangle. The model gets sucked into the void created by the fullscale aircraft if that fullscale flies without the use of a radio, and the risk is amplified if the model is a poorly designed and manufactured Skymaster model that is flown by a guy who got his waiver on a model that weighs less than 12.5 lbs.

Surely the above is not rocket science, and everyone should know how to avoid such a situation.

Gordon
Great summary, Gordon. I like it. At first, I was going to suggest that Bob's plane was abducted by a UFO... but I like yours better!
Old 08-21-2010, 09:04 PM
wahoo

Show me one instance where "I" attacked anyone.... Now I can and will again attack someone's feeble mindset and you will AGAIN remove my post......Thats fine.... I'll alway agree with the moral majority... Hell I'm all for building the mosque @ ground zero  too.

Ya gotta love the PC US of A !!!
Old 08-21-2010, 09:27 PM
wahoo

I need to know what the majority of you think about this subject.

Then I'll have to agree with it.  

Thats how this great site works.  The mods can use a slew of things to delete an opposing view but they blanket it all using the TOS..  

I call this horse hockey because had I used the 2 letters that I  would normally  use to describe this to a T ........ It would have been deleted.

Just like my last THREE posts.

Hey its all the RC's fault

No it's all the FS pilots fault..

DAMN  it's all the airports and their personnel's fault !!  

HOLY SMOKES ... maybe a mod that deleted my last few posts can make up my mind and fill you all in on how I feel !!!!!!

Old 08-22-2010, 07:32 AM
cloudancer03
My Feedback: (22)

didnt get to see video ..but heard about this event at the flying field as friends were debating who was at fault.I wont argue who was at fault inasmuch as I dont know all the circumstances..I ccan say that a few with similar events the contemeets I have attended and participated in the guy aannoucing the event is in communication with the pilot of the pitts and tells us to get our planes down .I assume that the model plane has a spotter too and that apparently didnt work to orevent the collision.I imagine the FAA is conducting an investigation into the near tragedy....

Imagine how bad this could have been!at worst case I would be viewing the accident on major nitely news and the headlines likely would be model airplane collides with full scale plane and pilot killed..fortnuately that was not the end result here and thinking about an 8000 dollar loss under the circumstances is secondary.hopefully when the investigation is done we all can come away with a better understanding how things like this can be avoided.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:36 AM
rbean2
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

I think the spell/grammer checker nazis are funny. Who really cares if you use your or you're in the proper place? Its all silly semantics.

Here's a poem for you spell checkers out there...lol:

Spell Checker

Eye halve a spelling chequer.
It came with my pea sea.
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write.
It shows me straight a weigh.

As soon as a must ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite.
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it.
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh;
My chequer tolled me sew.
My spell check said this was perfect too! I like it.
Old 08-22-2010, 09:56 AM
AndyAndrews

ORIGINAL: rbean2

ORIGINAL: AndyAndrews

I think the spell/grammer checker nazis are funny. Who really cares if you use your or you're in the proper place? Its all silly semantics.

Here's a poem for you spell checkers out there...lol:

Spell Checker

Eye halve a spelling chequer.
It came with my pea sea.
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write.
It shows me straight a weigh.

As soon as a must ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite.
Its rare lea ever wrong.

Eye have run this poem threw it.
I am shore your pleased two no
Its letter perfect awl the weigh;
My chequer tolled me sew.
My spell check said this was perfect too! I like it.
I wish I could take credit for writing that poem and NOT spelling grammar correctly lol. Bottom line, missing a word or two, using the wrong grammAr, doesn't mean the poster is ignorant of the subject. Its just a way for guys without an argument to nit pick and try to further their own argument by making the other guy look like an idiot.

Regarding the subject at hand, It appears that we are all hard on our own. Hearing from the full scale boards they are being critical of the full scale guy. Here we are critical of the RC guy. I guess this is all a good thing because non of us want our hobby to be seen as doing things wrong in the eyes of others who may judge our hobbies harshly. No one wants to be the blight that causes problems with our hobby. Bottom line is that we all (for the most part) on both sides strive to do the right thing and be safe while we are doing it. Occasionally people make mistakes. Bad ideas with good intentions. Lets not nail them on the cross for a mistake. Lets take what we can from this an learn from it so that it won't happen again given a similar circumstance.

lol, and nope I didn't run this one through the spell checker ... it's probably got mispelled and poor grammAr all over the place.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:35 AM
GOGGLES PIZANO

I have said it over and over again.WE can argue over who is at fault,why it happened,make jokes etc.ONE DAY something very nasty very well may happen.That THING is that the Feds,at some point and in whatever capacity is going to get involved in the sport.Carbon credits not withstanding.WE face the profound possibility of regulation and control at the FED level.Licensing,paperwork,airframe inspection and certification,competency tests and all the rest of it.I hope this never happens...but ....it could if we as a community dont handle our business like we should.thx.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.