Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

RB classico 10???

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 07:21 PM
Ghase

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RB classico 10???

I plan to use this motor in my Mugen MRX4x and have it modded by AB mods or Voodoo, so doesanybody have any experience with this motor??? It looks like it has a little potential to be a killer...lol

Thanks
James
Old 08-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Ghase

Default RE: RB classico 10???

Guys any help on this??? Have your own suggestion for a on road motor, just let me know...
Old 08-24-2010, 03:16 AM
D.DJ

No suggestions, but I would say just put it in if you have it, run it and see how it performs. I know that its a killer engine already, but maybe you wont like certain aspects or want more out of it in certain areas.
Old 08-29-2010, 07:39 PM
Ghase

Thanks D D.J. I just got backfrom Jamaica and Iseen your post. So yeah I also just said fuk it and ordered the motor from Tower hobbies and used a $50 off coupon, so I got the motor for $209 dollarsshipped.....!!!!!
Old 08-30-2010, 05:26 AM
D.DJ

Sweet stuff! tell us how it rips once you have things sorted!
Old 08-30-2010, 10:47 AM
Ghase

Yeah the I got the motor for a good price, so laterI'll be sending it off to Voodoo mods for a little port & polish and maybe change the bearing to ceramic.... Oh I can't wait!!!!

I found this on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RevaJciGiNA
Old 09-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Ghase

Well I didsome research and found out the RB C5 motorshave the same crank & bearing (confirmed stocknumbers that alsorelayed toa size for the bearing)....... So I ordered TKO F/Rceramic bearing for my Classico 10. When they come, it's off to VooDoo!!!!!!!!!

My mrx4x should be killer with the motor......
Old 09-03-2010, 07:43 PM
D.DJ

You dont have to send it off to anyone to replace the bearings, all you need is an oven! Just heat it up to 200 deg celsius and up, put just the crankcase with the bearings (of course) and let it sit in there for a while. Once it's heated up, all you do is tap out the bearings! Some require a little work, but usually a tap is all it needs. Once they're out, stick the case in again to heat it up so the seats expand again, then put the bearings in again - with the main bearing, put it in while its on the crankshaft so it goes straight in, the outer bearing isnt hard to put in. Let it cool and that's it! Ive never had a problem doing that to any engine. Just lube it up a little and its good to go.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:15 PM
Ghase

ORIGINAL: D.DJ

You dont have to send it off to anyone to replace the bearings, all you need is an oven! Just heat it up to 200 deg celsius and up, put just the crankcase with the bearings (of course) and let it sit in there for a while. Once it's heated up, all you do is tap out the bearings! Some require a little work, but usually a tap is all it needs. Once they're out, stick the case in again to heat it up so the seats expand again, then put the bearings in again - with the main bearing, put it in while its on the crankshaft so it goes straight in, the outer bearing isnt hard to put in. Let it cool and that's it! Ive never had a problem doing that to any engine. Just lube it up a little and its good to go.
LOL were so old school, I used a heat gun with a small piece of wood to tap it out....... I know how to get them out, but I talked to Jake from Voodoo mods and he'll do it for free when the other work is done...
Old 09-10-2010, 11:32 PM
Ghase

Well I got the TKO ceramic bearing in the mail today and I took so pics of both my Mugen mtx 3 with modded Michael SlavenNova Mega sx .123port turbo motor and my Mugen mrx4x....

Both Mugen's together

Old 09-12-2010, 02:14 AM
D.DJ

Nice stuff, but the Michael Slaven's name is actually Michael SALVEN, unless there is a guy named Slaven. German dude, Head Honcho of Serpent? Still sweet stuff you've got going on there! Im getting the RB T10 for my RRR in a few weeks, cant wait to get it!
Old 09-13-2010, 01:58 AM
Ghase

ORIGINAL: D.DJ

Nice stuff, but the Michael Slaven's name is actually Michael SALVEN, unless there is a guy named Slaven. German dude, Head Honcho of Serpent? Still sweet stuff you've got going on there! Im getting the RB T10 for my RRR in a few weeks, cant wait to get it!
LOL I thought it was spelled like that, and yeah I too can'twait......Getting aRB touring10for yourRRR is a good look too.