Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Ever heard of kits by Bud Nosen

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Ever heard of kits by Bud Nosen

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 08:49 PM
donnyman

Received 124 Likes on 97 Posts
Default RE: Ever heard of kits by Bud Nosen

Both the canopy and spinner is from a@a industries the canopy came with the kit ........... the Nick Ziroli canopy is about the same size and I think he has spinners also as well as Tru Turn

I have two more spinners, got them at a swap meet.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:41 PM
propjet
My Feedback: (68)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone out there have a Nosen Jenny, P47 or Cessna 310. Need those to complete my collection.

Propjet
Old 09-04-2010, 09:14 AM
donnyman

Propjet

I have the P-47 and Cessna 310 kits but not for sale at this time, find the bud Nosen forum on this site, several 310 kits have been offered there. good luck!
Old 11-13-2016, 06:12 PM
jiminthedesert

Yes just picked one up. need to contact those who have built a Bud Nosen P 51
Old 11-14-2016, 08:11 AM
RagwingFan
My Feedback: (31)

Old thread coming back alive.

doing my part. I currently have a Nosen Citabria1/4 (.60 size) under construction. Had one years ago, sold it before I flew it. One of those that got away. Couple flying buddies in the 90's had Citabrias and Champ. They were great flyers with Q-42's on the nose. Just sold a 1/4 sc Champ kit recently after visions of building. Definitely lot of sticks and building. I would consider them leaning towards scratch building. Definitely make a nice plane when done. I think they are falling into the "cult" classic and have their own following of appreciation. Yep, I am a member. Love to build. Just never enough time.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:07 AM
jiminthedesert

Smile Bud Nosen P51

Yes the Nosen 51' had a lot of wood in it, it is a builders airplane. Not for squeeeemish ARF'ers.. Friend of mine modified his for racing and with a 5.8 Sachs it really rocked. Don't think you can fly it with a 60 2/s and a gearbox. A G62 will get it in the air long enough to go around the pattern and land. A 5.8' / 95cc. sized engine will do it GOOD. It is not a large scale beginners airplane, you should have at least advanced skills in building.. Have not started building mine yet. will be an interesting build.
Old 09-06-2017, 01:56 PM
Waco
My Feedback: (265)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you can down load( 7) nosen plans on outzone for free. you will have to print them out to use them.
Old 09-07-2017, 09:47 AM
donnyman

Originally Posted by jiminthedesert
Yes just picked one up. need to contact those who have built a Bud Nosen P 51
Yes I've had one in build since forever (on off building) look for my blog on RCG. Don't be intimidated by the size or amount of lumber it is a winner. I must have built a hundred other models since starting this one, Lovin it!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	stang - me good 1.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	2.61 MB
ID:	2230970  
Old 09-10-2017, 01:32 PM
carlgrover

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I built the Nosen Corsair for a friend of mine years ago. That thing was a beast. He wanted the wing built in 1 piece. That's 10' of wing to move around. He gave me a new Quadra 100 to put in it. It was glassed and painted baby blue with a checkerboard on the cowl. It also had retracts and flaps. The plans were so skimpy that I had to use Ziroli Corsair plans as a reference, esp. for the flaps.

The guy I built it for took it with him when he moved to Oregon. Shortly afterwards he had a heart attack and died. I don't know where the plane ended up and if it's ever been flown.

this guy was also trying to make kits of the Nosen P51 and maybe a few others. He had molds to make fiberglass fuselages and other parts. He was also going to do foam wings. I sheeted and glassed a foam wing core for him for the Nosen P51. I don't know what happened to his kitting business. All the molds are likely gone. He had and flew a Nosen P51. It flew pretty good on a big Roper engine. Was kind of a floater too.

carl