Community
Search
Notices
Esky Helicopters Discuss the line of Esky electric helis in here including the Honey Bee, Lama, Belt CP, etc

ESKY LAMA 4 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 11:12 PM
pgroom_68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESKY LAMA 4 THREAD

ORIGINAL: katoace

Hmmm this forum is still up and running i see. Been flying my HBFP V2 as of late but the lama is stil a ball indoors........The Lama ES.................www.youtube.com/watch.......................                                                  ps......Getting a vid to load on screen here is a PIT...F'N...A

Hey again Kato,

Nice control mate![sm=thumbs_up.gif] I like the rudder "banks" (when you roll the bird also) - you can flick it anywhere You look like you're having a ball.....[sm=49_49.gif]

Re. Embedding a YouTube vid - it's easy when you know how: When you want to embed there is a button top right of this edit screen saying "YouTube".
It inserts the parameters needed - so you can just copy and paste the link between the two square-bracketed words (eg. {YouTube} {/YouTube} ) followed by copying & pasteing the YouTube url between - and press OK to post[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Peter[sm=shades_smile.gif]
P.S. Here is my trial:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joCgmQE-q-Y&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]
Old 09-04-2010, 11:14 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Gothic
ORIGINAL: pgroom_68
ORIGINAL: Gothic
OK Fellas
I broke down and bought the Clear View Sim. It's pretty good but I'm having a problem. When I pull back on the elevator the heli drops like a rock [].
I have calibrated my window controler settings and the sim control settings. Have any of you had this problem?
Hey again G,
Nope! No problems at all with Clearview - very happy camper[sm=49_49.gif] - that is why I expound its virtues Maybe your controller (Tx) is shot within that stick range? Have you another you can substitute?
[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Hi Peter,
Got it working now. Stefan from Clear View came to the rescue!
Having a ball... Just what I need when I can't get to fly outside.
Hey again G,

Great mate![sm=thumbs_up.gif] I didn't know that Stefan was that approachable.........enjoy

Old 09-05-2010, 02:34 PM
katoace

Eureka!.....Thanx for the help on the vid bro.And thanx for the kind words on the vid. Yep, i really am have'n a ball with the lama. I've moved out the control arms(in the vid they're in the 1sthole)and further tweaked the blades on it for even more maneuverability since the vid. Still love'n the Lama. Thanx a bunch...................................Kato ps. nice maneuvering in your vid too......The lama rox!
Old 09-06-2010, 06:57 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: katoace
Eureka!.....Thanx for the help on the vid bro. And thanx for the kind words on the vid. Yep, i really am have'n a ball with the lama. I've moved out the control arms(in the vid they're in the 1st hole) and further tweaked the blades on it for even more maneuverability since the vid. Still love'n the Lama. Thanx a bunch...................................Kato ps. nice maneuvering in your vid too......The lama rox!
Hey again Kato,

I hate to disappoint you - but the pilot in the blue shirt in the video is not me In my opinion he should be given a medal 'cause (unknown to him) he is the reason why I love Esky lamas so much also....!!

P.S. I have tried to copy the "obstacle course" parts though[sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 09-06-2010, 07:34 AM
Edmund2

Peter, post a link to that video/post. Want to see if it is the same one that got me to become an Esky fan.

Edmund2
Old 09-06-2010, 07:43 AM
stalyoni

guys i got a blade sr 120 today. Its a great heli and handles the wind really well. I was flying in 20km winds today. It was hard to control but it was possible to fly it. I would like to see the little msr do that.

I have 7 new lipos for my esky lama v4. I need to adjust the servo arms on it as the trims are way out of wack. I cant get my flybar back to where it once was.

I hope to get her flying well again soon.

ps. how you feeling pete, long time no see mate.
Old 09-06-2010, 07:51 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: Edmund2
Peter, post a link to that video/post. Want to see if it is the same one that got me to become an Esky fan.
Hey again Edmund,

I bet its not - but it is embedded in post #3445 above!

Hey again Brendon,

All better now - thanks mate!

Old 09-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Edmund2

Stal, liked the video and stable L4. See it gets a bit jittery when flying close to that pic next to the fridge. If ever can get mine to fly this well I would be pleased.

Edmund
Old 09-08-2010, 03:22 PM
stalyoni

Yeah thanks Edmund. I have since got the new blade sr 120 and yesterday i picked up a parkzone UM p-51D 4ch plane. So i have been messing around with these.

I fired up my esky lama v4 last night to check the trims as im going to a heli meet on Saturday night and im taking it along. I hope to get some good footage.
Old 09-11-2010, 01:50 PM
CFDfireman

Kato, Peter, Nice vids and very nice flying I may add. Enjoyed the music too

Mike.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:11 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: CFDfireman
Kato, Peter, Nice vids and very nice flying I may add. Enjoyed the music too
Hey again Mike,

Nice you hear from you again mate! How's it all going??[sm=49_49.gif]

Old 09-13-2010, 08:48 AM
CFDfireman

Hi Peter, It's going as well as it can go. Nice weather here so getting in some fly time. Snow will be flying soon taking the place of my heli[] Well when it starts getting colder, I can always head to the VFW hall for a quick fix Not like the real deal flying outdoors though. Oh well.

Mike.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:12 PM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: stalyoni
I fired up my esky lama v4 last night to check the trims as im going to a heli meet on Saturday night and im taking it along. I hope to get some good footage.
Hey again Brendon,

Mate did you get any noteworthy footage of your Lama4 that you can share with us??

Old 10-09-2010, 04:56 AM
superEK4

I just mod my lama 4 to xtreme look with carbon tail. I was thinking to change to 3s or BL. is it worth it?
Old 10-09-2010, 06:16 AM
stalyoni

Hey again Brendon,

Mate did you get any noteworthy footage of your Lama4 that you can share with us??

no mate. My camera glasses broke a few hours before i went to the fly meet. After i unplugged them from charging they wouldn't turn on anymore.

I actually sold my v4 heli on ebay the other day. I have my blade sr 120 now so i didnt see the point to keeping it. I didnt get what i should of got for it but it was enough to fund my new plane. My v4 had a eflite 3in1 in it and what i didnt realise is that it had a spektrum AR6100e reciever in it which is worth about $70 or so. So i took it out and im going to use it in my new plane, which is a hobbyking yak 54 (29").

I have since got some new camera glasses but there not really good quality. They have a remote control with them which you can start the recordings with. There not really all that good so i got a new panasonic F3 hd camera today for $129. Heres some videos i took with it today of my planes.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKzu6aOy6Lo[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XQM0_7RXao[/youtube]

this is the quality of my latest camera glasses

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGHsf4jC0MI[/youtube]

BTW did you get your hobbyzone champ yet? Im about to post mine to my brother.

PS. sorry for stealing the v4 thread but i dont think anyone will mind as no one posts in here anymore.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:36 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: superEK4
I just mod my lama 4 to xtreme look with carbon tail. I was thinking to change to 3s or BL. is it worth it?
Hey superEK4,

IMO changing to 3S is definitely not worth it in one of these small coaxs[sm=50_50.gif] The 11.1V lipo which you would have to run would add to much weight in order to get the same flight time - the weight tolerances are very narrow - and that is even if the electronics handle it!
The BL question is a difficult one to answer for me. Unless you have actually done it - it makes it tricky - and I could never justify the expense in my own mind - sorry mate.
I have actually done the pod&boom look - not with a carbon tail - but the lighter (and better) [link=http://www.boomtownhobbies.com/BoomTownHobbies_Model_4_Boom_Kit_for_CX2_and_Lama_ p/bth010.htm]model 4[/link] from Boomtownhobbies.com - the same kit fits both the Eflite & small Esky coaxs!! It is a quick change and IMO does make a diff. to flight performance - it definitely makes it easier to change mechanical settings and lipos........[sm=thumbs_up.gif]

Old 10-09-2010, 07:58 AM
pgroom_68

Hey again Brendon,
[sm=shades_smile.gif]
no mate. My camera glasses broke a few hours before i went to the fly meet. After i unplugged them from charging they wouldn't turn on anymore.
I actually sold my v4 heli on ebay the other day. I have my blade sr 120 now so i didnt see the point to keeping it. I didnt get what i should of got for it but it was enough to fund my new plane. My v4 had a eflite 3in1 in it and what i didnt realise is that it had a spektrum AR6100e reciever in it which is worth about $70 or so. So i took it out and im going to use it in my new plane, which is a hobbyking yak 54 (29'').
HK-YAK54[/img]
I have since got some new camera glasses but there not really good quality. They have a remote control with them which you can start the recordings with. There not really all that good so i got a new panasonic F3 hd camera today for $129. Heres some videos i took with it today of my planes.
[/youtube]
[/youtube]
this is the quality of my latest camera glasses
[/youtube]
BTW did you get your hobbyzone champ yet? Im about to post mine to my brother.
PS. sorry for stealing the v4 thread but i dont think anyone will mind as no one posts in here anymore.
Hey again Brendon,

You are forgiven for thinking that not all that many people post here (compared with other threads)
The Yak looks good mate as does your plane flying (if you like that sort of thing).
Personally I don't want much to do with planes - I only fly them in the sim now!
I am awaiting delivery of my new [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10900]HobbyKing 450GT CCPM[/link] helicopter kit from Hobbyking - the NSW (Australian) warehouse - and some parts from their HongKong warehouse - such as the motor, ESC and Tx/Rx. When they arrive I will be building for a while as I relearn the ins & outs of CP rotary flight, then I will start using my cam glasses and posting my adventures over here on the [link=http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10052781/tm.htm]T-Rex forum[/link]............

P.S. You look like you are having fun - and that is all that matters with hobbies mate!!
Old 10-18-2010, 11:30 PM
pgroom_68

To all newbies out there.....

Unlike gamer noobs (who are ridiculed - and rightly so), there is a great group of casual flyers that are willing to help you with your questions about the Esky small coaxials - no matter how silly they sound to you. If you can express your problem - we can try to help ...or direct you to someone who perhaps can..........[sm=49_49.gif]

Old 10-19-2010, 12:41 AM
barak1001

Peter,

On the subject of 3s vs 2s.

They do tax the vreg in the electronics, but as far as flight times it increases significantly by going with a 3s. I was able to get 15 minute flights on my brushless setup with 3s compared to 11 minutes on the 2s, even though the 3s was 22 grams heavier. At higher voltage the battery has to produce less amperage to get the motor to spin at the same rpm. The 900mah 3s is just more efficient per the weight than the 900mah 2s.

I personally wouldn't fly 3s on stock electronics, but on a brushless conversion the 3s batteries are only a few dollars more and provide significant improvement in flight time and motor power.
Old 10-19-2010, 04:32 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: barak1001
Peter,
On the subject of 3s vs 2s.
They do tax the vreg in the electronics, but as far as flight times it increases significantly by going with a 3s. I was able to get 15 minute flights on my brushless setup with 3s compared to 11 minutes on the 2s, even though the 3s was 22 grams heavier. At higher voltage the battery has to produce less amperage to get the motor to spin at the same rpm. The 900mah 3s is just more efficient per the weight than the 900mah 2s.
I personally wouldn't fly 3s on stock electronics, but on a brushless conversion the 3s batteries are only a few dollars more and provide significant improvement in flight time and motor power.
Hey again Tony,

Thanks for the accurate info mate! I WOULDN'T TRY A 3-CELL SET-UP ON ORIGINAL ESKY ELECTRONICS EITHER!!
[sm=72_72.gif]I seem to remember a while ago reading about a "koax booster" or something (I think a German guy was offering it for sale[sm=50_50.gif]) It was a bit expensive for my taste, but do you remember & can shed some light on what it actually is/does??

Would be helpful - I will try having a look back in this thread a bit now..........[sm=49_49.gif]

Old 10-19-2010, 06:09 AM
erdnuckel2

Hi Peter,

in case that "pondering smiley" was for me ...

I know I did mention the KoAx boosters in the forums I follow ... which means I did surely mention it here (I was, however, not selling them ["professionally"] nor do I do that now) but in the mean time I have two of them and might give one away if anybody was interested.
The Koax booster is made by a German "group" who call themselves "Helibande" (check www.helibande.com - but it is ... to all I know ... still all German website I think) and it cost almost 40Euros (which is about 56USD right now ... plus the shipping)
What it does is to provide (the) two brushed ESC's so that you can run an Xtreme 180SE (or to be exact two of them) but not run the power through the original 4in1 but the booster instead (take out the risk of blowing your 4in1) ... I was told it is not just simply the fact of providing the ESC but some more stuff (which was never quite exactly explained to me) ... and I have to admit I still havent tried the booster (which I brought back from my vacation in Germany this MAY )
In the mean time there were some other problems coming up, as this booster does not work with every Esky 4in1 - there are some where it wont function for some reason ...

maybe Imanage to put up some pictures in the next couple of days ... MAYBE ... as I do dedicate most of the time to other projects than coaxes right now (ie FP helis [just ordered a HBFP V2 for 95$ shipped to my door - which I figure is not that easy to beat ... and because I wanted to see the differences between the V1 and V2 with my own eyes ...). I also converted my LamaV3 to single rotor with the help of NE/Kestrel, Skytec and BOLparts ... flies actually well (video is on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxUr5UEfFwE )

Hopefully this sheds a little light on the discussion

Sven
Old 10-19-2010, 07:02 AM
pgroom_68

ORIGINAL: erdnuckel2
Hi Peter,
in case that ''pondering smiley'' was for me ...
I know I did mention the KoAx boosters in the forums I follow ... which means I did surely mention it here (I was, however, not selling them [''professionally''] nor do I do that now) but in the mean time I have two of them and might give one away if anybody was interested.
The Koax booster is made by a German ''group'' who call themselves ''Helibande'' (check www.helibande.com - but it is ... to all I know ... still all German website I think) and it cost almost 40Euros (which is about 56USD right now ... plus the shipping)
What it does is to provide (the) two brushed ESC's so that you can run an Xtreme 180SE (or to be exact two of them) but not run the power through the original 4in1 but the booster instead (take out the risk of blowing your 4in1) ... I was told it is not just simply the fact of providing the ESC but some more stuff (which was never quite exactly explained to me) ... and I have to admit I still havent tried the booster (which I brought back from my vacation in Germany this MAY [img][/img])
In the mean time there were some other problems coming up, as this booster does not work with every Esky 4in1 - there are some where it wont function for some reason ...
maybe I manage to put up some pictures in the next couple of days ... MAYBE ... as I do dedicate most of the time to other projects than coaxes right now (ie FP helis [just ordered a HBFP V2 for 95$ shipped to my door - which I figure is not that easy to beat ... and because I wanted to see the differences between the V1 and V2 with my own eyes ...). I also converted my LamaV3 to single rotor with the help of NE/Kestrel, Skytec and BOL parts ... flies actually well (video is on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxUr5UEfFwE )
Hopefully this sheds a little light on the discussion
Hey again Sven,

Wow - it is sort of "strange" to see a Lama3 flying with just one rotor plane.....![sm=49_49.gif]

...just so we are clear mate - that "pondering smiley" was NOT for you !!
I honestly couldn't remember who brought this system to our attention, but vaguely remembered some of the details (I remember that the high price surprised me at the time!!

Thanks for further details mate. Did you say that you actually brought one back on your last trip? Please do install it when you find the time. I would ask nicely if I could buy your second set - but I know that I wouldn't find time myself to install it. I (like you) have [link=http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=10900]other projects[/link] that are taking up all my spare time ATM[sm=wink_smile.gif]

P.S. Also, who is selling the HBFPv2 so cheaply??
Old 10-19-2010, 08:14 AM
Wheelnut
My Feedback: (81)

To all newbies out there.....

Unlike gamer noobs (who are ridiculed - and rightly so), there is a great group of casual flyers that are willing to help you with your questions about the Esky small coaxials - no matter how silly they sound to you. If you can express your problem - we can try to help ...or direct you to someone who perhaps can..........[sm=49_49.gif]

What's up Peter?
Hey, I'd like to know why noob gamers are rightly ridiculed??
Old 10-19-2010, 09:24 AM
barak1001

It's a bit off topic, but the reasons gamer noobs are ridiculed is that they tend to exhibit the classic symptoms of insanity. Basically they'll pick a weapon that's completely useless in their current situation, then proceed to try and kill everyone with it. When it fails to work for them, rather than watch other people and adjust their strategy they'll just do the same thing over and over again hoping for a different result.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:09 AM
CFDfireman

Hey Sven, that is weird seeing a V3 with no upper rotor[X(] Helidirect has free shipping with any order over $100.00 but it sounds like you already pulled the trigger

HBFP V2...sorry Peter. Free shipping only within the US[&o]
http://www.helidirect.com/esky-honey...29_223_681.hdx

Spare parts should bring it over $100.00

Mike.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.