Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

Boy am I stumped....

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 08:37 PM
skyfire_1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boy am I stumped....

Boy am I stumped.... Newbie here... I would like to get a micro indoor Heli, but I just don't know which one would be a good one to learn on. I am looking in the $50.00 to $75.00 area on the net. I guess I am looking for one that it durable (for learning), Does anyone have any recommendations for either a learning Heli brand, Model, or Site to purchase from. Would appreciate any iinfo. Thanks...

Here are a couple I liked the looks and sounds of, what do you think?

http://www.xheli.com/rh-3001g-alloymaxheli.html

http://www.xheli.com/s032-heli-red.html

http://www.xheli.com/doho903chrcm.html#

Old 09-08-2010, 07:14 AM
Sasquatchin

Default RE: Boy am I stumped....

just my opinion, but I would not even waste my money on any of those.  I would get a good 4 chan to start with.  You can get into a RTF 4 channel for $120.  Just save up some more money, so your not disappointed.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:02 PM
moparherb
My Feedback: (7)

I agree...these are just toy grade heli's. You are going to crash as all of us have done and parts for these heli's probably are scarce and expensive. Save yoursel a lot of aggrevation and get a hobby grade heli...E-Flyte makes some good ones but there are many other good manufacturers of beginner heli's. Good luck to you....This is a great hobby
Old 09-09-2010, 07:18 AM
DreamHeliProducts

The E-Flite MCX is a great little helicopter, it's tame & great to fly indoors. The E-Flite MSR is also a great little flier & will grow with your abilities until you're ready for something else.

Old 09-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Doug47
My Feedback: (24)

You got some outstanding advise ther. Heed it.
The old saying "there's no such thing as a free lunch" applies.
Here's one for you. go to your local hobby shop and if it's any substantially sized store you'll likely find every single MSR.MCX part hanging up on the wall.
Now go look up some part numbers for common parts required (if you can even find something listting the parts numbers ) for some gem like the 'alloy max', call the distributor and share with us what you find. Don't say what you're doing, just say you're checking availabilty on a main rotor sgaft, tail rotor motor, feathering shaft, etc.,etc and tell us what happens.
As in "do you have a part number 1111, how much is it, when will you have it ?", and share with us the results.
If you get "Hi, this is Jeremy, your call is very important to us , please leave your" ad nauseum then your mind should be made up.
Doug