Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Monsoon XTR shock/accesory options

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Monsoon XTR shock/accesory options

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 09:15 AM
thorMaXx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Monsoon XTR shock/accesory options

Hey guys,

Any one have a recommendation for shock upgrade? I broke a shock cap yesterday and was thinking maybe there might be an aftermarket shock that would fit.
The plastic shock caps seem a little flimsy for bashing.

Also, are there any other options for the rear adjust bushing for the rear suspension. The piece im referring to is the little white bushing that holds the pin for the lower rear A-Arm. I sheared it right out yesterday when i landed the wrong way.

Fortunately, these things didnt halt my day of fun. I broke out the TMaxx to continue my bashing assault.

Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

Jeff
Old 09-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Mickstix

Default RE: Monsoon XTR shock/accesory options

They say the Kyosho STRR is very similar (if not identical) to the Monsoon XTR, so shocks from one of their kits may bolt right up?? On mine, (Monsoon XTR) it came with a parts bag with a bunch of those white bushings, for the arms. (Same bag that has the shock rideheight spacers in it)I never found out if they were just extras, or if they had differences that made it perform differently? But check that parts bag, you should have a couple extras! Good luck!!

Old 09-09-2010, 08:00 AM
thorMaXx

Default RE: Monsoon XTR shock/accesory options

Thanks Mick, Ill take a look at those shocks. I ordered a set of those bushes, but will also look in the parts bag that came with the truggy. I didnt even think to look in that bag. Its in the bottom of my box, so out of site out of mind i guess.