Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Flybarless Helicopters
Reload this Page >

raptor 50 without flybar only tailgyro?

Community
Search
Notices
Flybarless Helicopters Discuss flybarless rotor head systems for all helicopters right here.

raptor 50 without flybar only tailgyro?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 01:56 PM
nilsreinert123

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default raptor 50 without flybar only tailgyro?

Can i use my stock raptor 50 head ,take away the flybar and not add any gyros ? is it possible to fly without adding the skookum gyro. I have heard some say it is not necesary.

When i take of the flybar , do i need som ekstra parts , or do i only need to take away the flybar and its links?

Old 03-08-2010, 01:23 AM
evdreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: raptor 50 without flybar only tailgyro?

I have also heard of people flying flybarless without gyros. I think most of them were doing scale flying. If you were doing 3D I think it would be a little harder to fly without the gyro.

Skookum has some pictures on their website on how to convert a flybar head to a flybarless head. I have heard that it helps to use heavier blades when not using a gyro.

Old 12-15-2010, 02:02 PM
rotor head33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't fly with a 360 gyro I just 3d with my gy401 on the tail and I'm flyin a 200 sized bird! A 50 will be fine by all means. But remember without the unit it's all up tp pilot skill because you become the flybar AND gyro
Old 12-15-2010, 08:36 PM
lje553
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

let me know how this works for ya. hobby king has a good flybarless head for fairly cheap.