Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Flybarless Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Trex 550E 3G FBL setup - Lights on but that's it!

Community
Search
Notices
Flybarless Helicopters Discuss flybarless rotor head systems for all helicopters right here.

Trex 550E 3G FBL setup - Lights on but that's it!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 03:19 AM
harrier
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trex 550E 3G FBL setup - Lights on but that's it!

I am at the point of setting up my 3G control unit / gyro with my rx (Spektrum AR9000). Before connecting up the 3G to the receiver as per diagram on page 17 of the manual, I ensured proper servo direction / throw, etc by connecting the servo leads directly to the rx and used a 2700mah 6v batt on a switch. Everything works in the correct direction and sub-trims have been applied.

So now I re-wire the system, adding in the 3G unit, and now when I turn on the power to do the 3G setup, rx lights come on, and LEDs light up on the 3G, but I don't get any servo movement, sound or anything. So I assumed that it was because I was not in "setup" mode, so I power on with the SET button held in, the Status light flashes and the 5 LEDs below it run across then it settles to the green Status and first LED is green also. I even thought that for some reason the 6V batt was not enough to drive the 3G so I hooked up my 6S 4000mah pack to it via the ESC, and put the throttle lead on the rx. No change.

I would assume that at this point I can continue with step on page 21 (DIR settings), but I get no movement on any servos.

I read in the information on pg 20, that you must disable the following before setting up the 3G: Swash Ring, Mixing, Linkage Compensation, Swash Mix, and Acceleration. I am using a JR 9303 2.4, and I do have Swash Mix active which is what I used for getting the pitch to work the correct direction. Should this now be turned off?

Here's my setup:

JR 9303 2.4
Spektrum AR9000
AIL -> 3G PIT (had to reverse AIL / PIT connectors for proper direction)
ELE -> 3G ELE
PIT -> 3G AIL
RUD -> 3G RUD

3G AIL -> RX PIT (CH2)
3G ELE -> RX ELE (CH3)
3G PIT -> RX AIL (CH AUX1)
3G RUD -> RX RUD (CH4)
3G SENS -> RX GEAR (CH5)
3G GYRO -> 3G Control Unit
ESC -> RX THR (CH1)
6v BATT -> RX BATT port

Motor not connected to ESC

Please let me know if I've not connected something correctly.

Steve
Old 05-15-2011, 05:45 AM
Goran619

Default RE: Trex 550E 3G FBL setup - Lights on but that's it!

This will be a dumb question but is your radio set to heli? Why is your aileron servo plugged into the pitch port on the 3g controller, I would plug the aileron to aileron and the pitch to pitch on the controller.
Jordan
Old 05-16-2011, 06:35 AM
harrier

Default RE: Trex 550E 3G FBL setup - Lights on but that's it!

Hi. Thanks for reply. I resolved the issue. I had the polarity reversed on the servo leads going into the FBL controller.

Steve