Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Helicopters > Flybarless Helicopters
Reload this Page >

Align Trex 450 Pro FBL 3gx problem

Notices
Flybarless Helicopters Discuss flybarless rotor head systems for all helicopters right here.

Align Trex 450 Pro FBL 3gx problem

Old 08-06-2012, 05:29 AM
Broken Blade
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Align Trex 450 Pro FBL 3gx problem

I just upgraded from a 450 sev2 to a pro FBL with torque tube however this one shuts down usually after about 1 minute of flying. Sometimes it won't spool up and occasionally the batteries last 4 or 5 minutes. It makes no sense. I have a Align 450m motor, align 35x ESC, align 3gx, Align ds410m cyclic and Futaba BLS257 tail servo. When I use the very same batteries on my V2 with same motor and esc, I get the full amount of minutes. I thought the pro's esc was getting hot so I moved it to the outside of the frame. I've also swapped out the esc and motor for identical ones but get the same results. I also tore the whole thing down to make sure no bearings in the frame or tail were bad but all were good. Does anyone know what's happening? Thanks
Old 08-07-2012, 02:23 PM
yf222000
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Align Trex 450 Pro FBL 3gx problem

I don know if Align has fixed this issue yet or not, but some rare cases the 3GX units shorted itself out through the chrome plated case. This was due to the case was plated throughout, and the inner case surface was too close to the electronics components, it shorted and cycles power. Maybe this is your case? If so, look on YouTube. There are vids on how to fix this. Good luck.