Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

best BNF or ARF fly-barless for intermediate

Looking for some input on what is the bestBNF or ARFheli that is fly-barless with collective pitch.

Key features to me:

durable
    easy to find parts
    easy assymble if required

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: best BNF or ARF fly-barless for intermediate

Blade300x super helicopter

Jim
    HobbyTown USA

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I like the Blade mCPX. It is a great beginner to intermediate heli. If you would have asked me a year ago or so I would have told you to stay away from the micro helis but they have really come a long way since then.

I've got helis ranging from the mCPX to a 600 heli and the Blade gets more flight time simply because I can fly it in my front yard. I come home from work, charge the batteries and go the the front yard and fly.

They are extremely durable. I crashed mine about 20 times before having to spend any money on it to fix. The key to this is to fly over grass and to hit the throttle hold as soon as you start to think you're going to crash.

Parts are very easy to find and as long as you can work with very small screws and parts repairs are quite easy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The BLADE 130X would be the best BNF option, because it is bigger than the MCPX, which means it would be much more stable for an intermediate pilot and it would feel more like a 3D heli than than MCPX, because of the shaft driven tail rotor and it is flybarless, so that is the best heli from my point of view.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Blade 450X is looking pretty good. We've had one a month or so and though I can get no feedback here I've been impressed. My nephew who is way ahead of me when it comes to flying helis, says it's the best Blade he's ever flown. Coming from him that's pretty good as he prefers the Align machines. Still parts should be easily found and Blades generally aren't hard to work on. This one came ready to fly with a D6Xi tx.

Rick H.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If you're going Blade, I would recommend the 300 or 450x, because of the AR7200bx receiver/Beastx FBL combo.
    It's a nice FBL unit that can be used on any size heli you may try down the road.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The Blade 300x is a great machine. Comes RTF or BNF with the AR7200bx Rx with a belt drive tail. For a small heli it is very stable and takes the wind very well.
    Axe CPV3 - Axe 400 - Century NX50

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I would have to echo the suggestion for the 130x it really is a great small heliand flies pretty close to the large ones. It is one of the few micro sized that have an actual torque tube driven tail.
    Find RC sites, friends and weather near you on iPhone and iPad with WhereBRC in the Apple App Store