Notices
Flybarless Helicopters Discuss flybarless rotor head systems for all helicopters right here.

BLADE Nano CP X

Old 04-12-2014, 08:05 PM
Zor
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is going on ?

Hi fellows,

I do not know what is going on.

In my earlier post I commented about the number of viewers being reported by the forum.

Below copy of my previous comments _ _ _

A surprise seen this afternoon _ _ _ _ _
Friday 11 April 2014 at 20:06 EDT the viewers reported were 628
Saturday 12 April at 17:35 EDT the viewers reported are 781.
A fascinating observation if it is factual.

Now I am reading . . . .

that this evening stil Saturday 12 April 2014 at 23:44 EDT the number of viewers is reported as being 1,329 .

That would mean that within 5 hours and 51 minutes ( 351 minutes ) there was 548 views.

What is going on ?

While I see my postings on my monitor I now have doubts that anyone else see my postings.

Would anyone be kind enough to post and confirm that I am being read ?

Many thanks.

Zor

Last edited by Zor; 04-12-2014 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Corrrected one typo
Old 04-13-2014, 07:57 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Zor, I'm sure folks are reading your posts but it seems like you are wanting instant interaction and acknowledgement from other users after you post. I don't think you are going to get that unless you post this on some type of an aeronautical engineering forum. As an engineer myself I enjoy reverse engineering and the like but again I have no interest in doing it with a small helicopter. The chicoms who wanted it have already done it and cloned it but and the improvements come out so quick it's hard to keep up.
I read through all of Mr Salt's documents and e-books and learned how helicopters operate ,programming the radio ,and how everything interacts that way and then I go out and fly the thing, see how it behaves and make adjustments......lather , rinse, repeat. . Again, I'm no expert flying them but I'm learning and the info I read helped tremendously.
Personally I would be more impressed if you posted a video of you flying a helicopter rather than trying to figure out in-depth how a proprietary heli operating system,gyro,etc... functions.
Again, if you are enjoying doing this then keep doing it but I would not get my hopes up of folks chiming in after every posting engaging ,giving attaboys, etc... It's just not what most folks want to do with their helicopter.
Have fun !
Old 04-13-2014, 08:38 PM
Zor
Banned

Default Some conclusion _ _ _

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda

Zor,
I'm sure folks are reading your posts but it seems like you are wanting instant interaction and acknowledgement from other users after you post. I don't think you are going to get that unless you post this on some type of an aeronautical engineering forum. As an engineer myself I enjoy reverse engineering and the like but again I have no interest in doing it with a small helicopter. The chicoms who wanted it have already done it and cloned it but and the improvements come out so quick it's hard to keep up.
I read through all of Mr Salt's documents and e-books and learned how helicopters operate ,programming the radio ,and how everything interacts that way and then I go out and fly the thing, see how it behaves and make adjustments......lather , rinse, repeat. . Again, I'm no expert flying them but I'm learning and the info I read helped tremendously.
Personally I would be more impressed if you posted a video of you flying a helicopter rather than trying to figure out in-depth how a proprietary heli operating system,gyro,etc... functions.
Again, if you are enjoying doing this then keep doing it but I would not get my hopes up of folks chiming in after every posting engaging ,giving attaboys, etc... It's just not what most folks want to do with their helicopter.
Have fun !
flyinwalenda,

Again many thanks for your contribution and opinions.

I think you may have misunderstood my outlook in this thread. I certainly do not expect a reply or response for every post I have made nor am I trying to impress anyone.

Since only two have posted else than myself I can make some obvious conclusion.
When I am asking "What is going on" this queston is not only about the items we are playing with but also about the reported number of viewers.

Now the viewers reported went from 1329 on 12 April at 23:44 EDT to 1600 today 13 April at 23:44 .
An increase of 271 in 24 hours (1440 minutes) or the equivalent of one viewer every 5.31 minutes over the 24 hour period.

I wondered if the forum site had developed a problem and wondered if I was being seen/read.
I just do not know if these figures are reliable.

Again thank you for helping me reach some conclusion about the users of flybarless helicopters.
Comes time I will also progress to be a helicopter pilot particularly now that I have a new heli that I feel is more adequate for learning to control a heli.

I have a Kodak camera that can take videos ( Z612) and also a Sony camcorder (HDR-CX300)but I never learned how to upload videos and do not know that this forum can store them.

You have been very helpul to me and it is much appreciated.

Zor

Last edited by Zor; 04-14-2014 at 04:15 AM. Reason: Corrected evry to every
Old 04-14-2014, 08:42 AM
Zor
Banned

I did not know what the word " chicom " meant.
I found out and now I know.

Interesting . . . as of this morning 14 April 2014 at 07:56 AM ( EDT) the reported views are 3,033.

Zor
Old 04-15-2014, 10:43 AM
Zor
Banned

Default Comments and experimentations

Hello again everyone,

Comments

The latest viewers reported to day Tuesday 15 April 2014 at 12:25 EDT ( Eastern Daylight Time )
is 3,060 . I figure that any reader ( viewer ) can make its own conclusion on the validity of this 3,060.

We had an inch or so of snow overnight and the maximum temperature today is minus 2 C ( 28.4 F ).
Predicted overnight is minus 7 C ( 19.4 F ) and max tomorrow is predicted 4 C ( 39.2 F ) and wind gusting to 50 Kmh ( just over 30 mph ) . . . . Not very favorable to experiment outdoor with a small helicopter.

Experimentations

So I did some very interesting experimentations inside the house.

I observed the behavior of the heading gyro and the action on the angles of the tail propeller.
Changing the heading manually it is interesting to see the heli coming back to its original heading or nearly so. Then giving a command to a new heading it stays there and again a manual change of heading without a yaw command from the Tx the heli returns to the new heading. For a "newbee" and being me I find this interesting to observe something that everyone else obviously already know.

I also observed the setting of the main blades versus the Tx throttle stick position. Zero angle is a bit lower than the midstick markings on the TX by about 1/16 inch. No one would notice that while flying. I also understand (at this time) that the servos commands and their rates can be adjusted in the AR7200BX receiver. Something to be studied in the coming future.

I also observed the action of the gyros; in this heli the servos return to center after a command. With the Nano CP X they stayed at their new position. The action of the gyros also return the servos to center.
That makes more sense to me than the action in the Nano CP X.

I experimented with holding the heli above my head in case of a possible blade flying out ( L O L ) and I could feel the results of different commands and their strength trying to vary the attitude of the heli. I could even see the action of the gyros by observing the swash plate angles. This heli is just lage enough to make this kind of observation possible and easy to see.

I feel that these experimentations and observations put in my mind a good understanding of how everything functions. Some how I do not feel any pains in my head . . . Hee! Hee!

General

Somehow I feel that the servos are responding too slowly and their return to center are even slower.
That is something else to study although I realize that with such small mass involved it takes very small changes of main blade angles or tail blade anles to quickly make a change in attitude and in acceleration to a new flight trajectory.

I remain fascinated ( addicted ? ? ? )

I am not expecting any response but it is always nice to hear from others.

Wishing all a nice day.

Zor
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_6948.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	1987265   Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_6950.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1987266  

Last edited by Zor; 04-15-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:12 PM
Zor
Banned

Default A mini review ?

Hello,

Some comments like official reviewers typically write.
I have nothing to do with manufacturers or distributors; no relation at all.

Being a beginner with helicopters as my interest was born from a friend giving me a BLADE Nano CP X which I investigated. It led to my acquiring a BLADE 300 X which I am also investigating; how it is designed and fabricated. My choice of a 300 X was based on its medium size, its reasonable cost and its design being similar to larger models having individual components such as outrunner motor, separate ESC (Electronic Speed Control), individual servos, and an up-to-date separate receiver with incorporated stabilization.

Comments follows _ _ _ just expressing my feelings

1 - Nice and satisfactory packaging useful for long storing like in the winter season.

2 - Overall structure is solid but for some weakness at the main rotor head. Originally came with a plastic assembly. A macnined aluminum head is available at much higher cost (plastic molding versus machined parts). I have been told that the plastic is preferable in a mishap; better break the weaker plastic than more vital parts in the main shaft assembly. It makes sense to me.

3 - Spare fully charged battery packs allows for avoiding long charging times depending on the charger used. The 'balancing charger' ( as labelled ) that comes with the 300 X is not really a charger by itself; It is a unit that controls the charging conditions and balances the cells. It needs a pure DC ( Direct Current ) source which it then controls. I have read from more then one source that it is no good and junk to be thrown away. Mine has been used more than 20 times now and has functioned flawlessly It has a small fan 1 1/2 inch diameter that is a bit noisy and low revolutions. I posted pictures of unit insides attached to post #44. I do not know how the air circulation can come in else than tiny spaces around the connectors and the led lights.

4 - I had quite an adventure yesterday when I had to replace one of the main blade grabber. One of the balls to which the linkkage is on had fallen off. It appears as if the tightenning at the factory had gone too far and stripped the threads in the plastic. The plastic is not initially threaded; the small fitting makes its own threads in the plastic when installed. Taking things apart I found that the 1.5 mm Allen keys are not hard enough; they get rounded too easily ( I had the same with the Nano CP X ) . Fortunately I had two sets of good quality metric Allen keys (made in the USA). When it came to separate the two head grabbers I kept turning for quite a while till I found out that is where two keys are needed. We must hold one side while unscreewing from the other side. It took me a while to find that out. Then more problem using the good quality Allen keys when I found the female hexagon in the screw head got rounded out. I ended up having to use two pairs of long nose pliers to grab the OD of the screw heads. Fortunately that was possible to do. All is now back to normal.

5 - I had to go to myLHS to get new grabbers so I simultaneously got a bunch of spares; see attached pictures.

Now to start investigation of the AR7200BX receiver.

C U all later.

Zor

Name:	R 100_6952.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	1987699   Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_6953.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	1987700  

Last edited by Zor; 04-17-2014 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Corrected typos
Old 04-20-2014, 02:47 PM
Zor
Banned

Default Two more tools

Got a 1.5 mm Allen for socket head screws that will not round off.
The handle is practical and the rod is made of drill bit alloy steel.

Measured face to face are 0.0584, 0.0585 and 0.0587 inch.

Also now have a tool to help remove links. Many videos show fellows just snapping them off with their fingers.
I was not that lucky and am glad they are hard to snap off or they would risk of falling off in flight. This tool is home made using a length of strapping steel; it works beautiful.

Zor

Name:	R 100_6957.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	1988489   Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_6956.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	22.7 KB
ID:	1988490  

Last edited by Zor; 04-20-2014 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Corrected 0.587 to 0.0587
Old 04-20-2014, 08:57 PM
Zor
Banned

Default Do I know what I am doing ?

Hi folks,

I know what I am doing but not sure if it is the proper thing to do.

front servo . . .
I heard a strange noise in that servo; sounded like skipping teeths.
I took it off and opened it. Now I know what it looks like inside.
I could not find anything wrong. There is no damaged teeths on any gear.
The final gear onto which the arm is screwed on works on only a few teeth and there is no damage there either. I put it back together and re-installed it and it works fine.

main motor
The thought came in my mind about lubrication in this BLADE 300 X.
Having operated many things in my life I felt like it all sounded dry .
I was particularly concerned about the outrunner that spins so fast.
I also was thinking about that fellow that showed a video repairing the motor shaft that had been worn by the inner raceway that was spinnning. He reported that was in less than 20 (twenty) flights.

I took the motor off to access the bearings.
Not knowing what I was doing I deposited a drop of Singer Sewing Machine oil on both bearings. That was done using a toothpick to carry the tiny oil drop over.

I also deposited a drop on the bearings of the main shaft and the swash assembly.
Re-mounting the motor I notice the elongated opening of the frame so that the motor can be adjusted for its pinion engagement to the main gear.

If anyone needs you can ask me how to do it and I will guide you.

After all together again I made some running tests and I really feel good about it.
I feel that there is evidence that much less vibraton is noted.
It does not feel dry . . . . . . .

Hope that all had an enjoyable Easter Holiday.

Zor

Name:	R 100_6954.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	1988586   Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_6955.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	1988588   Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_6960.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	1988589   Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_6963.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	42.5 KB
ID:	1988590   Click image for larger version

Name:	R 100_6964.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	1988591  

Last edited by Zor; 04-20-2014 at 09:03 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:17 AM
Zor
Banned

Default Question

Hi fellows,

My Spektrum DX7 transmitter has had the same original battery pack since new.
That must be 3 or 4 years and always worked fine.

Yesterday I bought more replacement parts for my BLADE 300 X heli and also bought a new battery pack for my DX7.

First time I will change a Tx battery pack in that transmitter.
I wonder if I will loose all the settings of my planes that exist in the TX when I disconnect the battery and connect the new one within a minute or less.

Any experience from friends would be appreciated.

Thanks from Zor

Last edited by Zor; 04-22-2014 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 09:37 PM
Zor
Banned

Default Three subjects

Yep _ _ _ I keep posting but do not know why .

What I have done since yesterday.

1 - I imagined a better way of setting the swash assembly at neutral.
It resulted that I shortened the left linkage by one full turn. I now have the same zero angle of attack on both blades when the swash is level at half throttle stick. That is my understanding of what it should be,
I understand that a difference in angle of attack takes place only when in horizontal motion.
I find it interesting to think of those differences when moving forward versus when moving backward.
I have not yet seen any video in which I could observe some straight ahead motion and strraght backward motion of any length of time but in any such case it would not be possible to observe the blade angles variations.

2 - Another thing that I noticed is that when cutting the motor off by bringing the Tx stick down to minimum the swash assembly remains neutral but when using the stop switch (hold) the swash goes all the way to the lef and stays there. I can only think that it is a method to bank the heli and make it hit the ground in a much shorter distance to avoid hitting property or hitting people.

Something more to learn about why that difference.

3 - As I said earlier I lubricated the motor bearings and the main shaft bearings and swash. It made a very noticeable difference in the sound and smoothness of rotaton. I had not lubricated the tail component.
Today i did and more noticeable smoothness in running. I can now give a gentle twist to the main shaft head and the main gear will go about two full rotation before stopping. In previous similar test the main gear would not go more than about half a turn. Overall the lubrication has considerably reduced the rotating friction of the mechanical parts.

In due time I will be using some of all the spare parts I acquired. Many of them I got in duplicates.
Some of them like the main shaft already comes two to a package; same for the feathering shaft.

Believe it or not, I am having the kind of fun I enjoy and learning a lot. Some day I will be a helicopter pilot.

Cheers,

Zor
Old 04-23-2014, 10:06 PM
Zor
Banned

Default Forgotten

In the lubrication I forgot two small fast turning bearings.
They guide the belt into the tail boom.

I lubricated them tonight.

I think that lubrication is a good idea and that it should be done about every 10 hours of flight time.

It is of course the flier's prerogative to decide what he/she decides to do.

Zor

Last edited by Zor; 04-24-2014 at 08:40 AM. Reason: Changed gude to guide
Old 04-25-2014, 09:56 AM
Zor
Banned

Default Finally the AR7200BX receiver

Greetings,

After reading the manual many times I finally dared push that setup button .
I was able to observe the setup as the receiver came pre-installed in the heli.

The manual is showing the factory default settings and I found some settings are different than the manual defaults. I have to assume that the differences are to optimize the settings for the 300 X. I did not change any; just observed their settings.

The manual does not say what to do after the N (last position of the A to N settings).so I just pushed the setup button once more and it resulted in none of tha A to N leds being on and I had a steady blue status led.

I also found that some servo resting place had changed. I mentioned in a previous posting about the swashplate going to full left when the stop switch was activated. Now the swashplate remains neutral (level) but the tail servo goes full. More fascinating behavioor to analyze; never a dull moment .

There is no thought about experimenting outdoor yet. Rain coming for the next two days with winds gusting to 50 Kmh (31 mph).

It will come _ _ _ I have to use some of the spare parts I have _ _ _ Hee! Hee! L O L

Wishing all a great day,

Zor

P.S.: I do not know what to think about the reported amount of viewers; as of today at 12:13 EDT it shows 3,272. No typing error three thousands two hundreds and seventy two ? ? ?

End
Old 04-27-2014, 10:14 AM
flyingjmerritt
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just a suggestion on your spare parts. you might want to add a main mast,feathering shaft,main gear,tail boom. i see in your pictures you got a extra set of main blades which is good. i would also pick up a set of tail rotor blades as well. because in a helicopter crash the main mast and feathering shaft are the common parts that get damaged. and sometimes the main gear the teeth get stripped off. after a crash make sure your main mast and feathering shaft did not get bent! if there bent even slightly they will cause wobble,vibration and such. i put mine in a lathe with a dial indicator to check mine. another way you can use a straight edge like a hobby ruler. put it square on the ruler if you see any light between the ruler and shaft its bent! another way is roll it cross the table or flat surface you should not feel any wobble. if you do its bent. just few things i have learned from rebuilding wrecked/crashed helicopters and on the rcu forum from when i first started. they really not much different from the real helicopters other than size wise.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:18 PM
Zor
Banned

Default Good advice

Originally Posted by flyingjmerritt

just a suggestion on your spare parts. you might want to add a main mast,feathering shaft,main gear,tail boom. i see in your pictures you got a extra set of main blades which is good. i would also pick up a set of tail rotor blades as well. because in a helicopter crash the main mast and feathering shaft are the common parts that get damaged. and sometimes the main gear the teeth get stripped off. after a crash make sure your main mast and feathering shaft did not get bent! if there bent even slightly they will cause wobble,vibration and such. i put mine in a lathe with a dial indicator to check mine. another way you can use a straight edge like a hobby ruler. put it square on the ruler if you see any light between the ruler and shaft its bent! another way is roll it cross the table or flat surface you should not feel any wobble. if you do its bent. just few things i have learned from rebuilding wrecked/crashed helicopters and on the rcu forum from when i first started. they really not much different from the real helicopters other than size wise.

flyingjmerritt,

Your suggestions are appreciated.

I already have two main shafts and two feathering shafts and the associated hardware that comes with them. I also have one top center piece in which the feathering shaft goes in and its top cap. .

This coming month I will get at least one main gear perhaps two depending on the cost.
I have material to make tail rotor blades. For the boom I may wait till I really need one.

Got to watch my pennies and spread them along a bit .. .. ..
Spent the last two days gardening and spring cleaning around the house.

Regards de Zor.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:35 AM
flyingjmerritt

Originally Posted by Zor
flyingjmerritt,

Your suggestions are appreciated.

I already have two main shafts and two feathering shafts and the associated hardware that comes with them. I also have one top center piece in which the feathering shaft goes in and its top cap. .

This coming month I will get at least one main gear perhaps two depending on the cost.
I have material to make tail rotor blades. For the boom I may wait till I really need one.

Got to watch my pennies and spread them along a bit .. .. ..
Spent the last two days gardening and spring cleaning around the house.

Regards de Zor.
since you already have the main shaft and feathering shaft then you should be pretty much set then.
you can get by without the main gear and tail boom thats not such a big deal. ya i understand the money thing myself and understand where your coming from on that.
just picked up a wrecked blade 400 off ebay this morning. now i have a t-rex 600N,t-rex 450XL,thunder tiger titan E325,blade 400 projects this will need fixed or rebuilt lol.
but i do enjoy working on them.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:40 PM
Zor
Banned

Flyingjmerritt,

It would be nice to follow some of your work.

I had a severe problem with the controls on my BLADE 300 X and I worked on that this morning.
I think it is now basically cured but there are things I do not fully understand with instructions that are not covering some items.

Some day I'll get there

Zor
Old 04-29-2014, 06:01 PM
flyingjmerritt

ya sometimes the assembly manual can be kinda vague. and could use more information in their assembly manuals they can be confusing at times.
right now i'm working on the t-rex 450XL got it mostly done and gone through next step is to buy a radio system,gyro battery. i'm thinking about a spectrum Dx6i for the radio not sure on the gyro yet. still waiting to for the thunder tiger E325 and the blade 400 to show up. far as the t-rex 600N got the main rotor head rebuilt. next step will be to get another set of left and right frames before i go any farther. this is the way i got the wrecked t-rex 600N

Name:	rc helicopter parts 01.JPG
Views:	1337
Size:	296.4 KB
ID:	1991206  
Old 04-29-2014, 07:55 PM
Zor
Banned

Default WOW _ _ _ quite a puzzle

ya sometimes the assembly manual can be kinda vague. and could use more information in their assembly manuals they can be confusing at times.
right now i'm working on the t-rex 450XL got it mostly done and gone through next step is to buy a radio system,gyro battery. i'm thinking about a spectrum Dx6i for the radio not sure on the gyro yet. still waiting to for the thunder tiger E325 and the blade 400 to show up. far as the t-rex 600N got the main rotor head rebuilt. next step will be to get another set of left and right frames before i go any farther. this is the way i got the wrecked t-rex 600N

Hey flyingjmerritt,

I sure hope you have the assembly manual or you have a real puzzle on your hands.

I seem to see the main frame components in the picture. Why would you need some frame parts ?
I wonder if that helli was ever put together before. I do not see the purpose of dismantling it to that stage of individual parts.

I hope you have ( I guess you must have ) a large assortment of tiny screws, nuts, washers, tiny ball radial and thrust bearings.

Ya _ _ _ I am just babling but I am sure you know what you are doing.
I will for sure follow any history of putting things together and present pictures of your progress comes time.

The results reward is always far superior to the headaches encountered toward the results.

Best to you and enjoy your work. I will be watching and occasionally pop in.

Zor
Old 04-29-2014, 11:10 PM
flyingjmerritt

ya not sure why someone disassembled the whole thing after they wrecked it like that for.
ya i have the assembly manual for it. matter of fact have 2. one for the flybar version and the other one is for the flybarless version. my assembly manuals are adding up lol. i always keep them that way i can use them as a reference if i need to. far as hardware go ya got plenty. far as the frames they are junk in the pictures. there cracked some places, broken all the way through,pieces missing. i rather do it right and just get another one as i can afford to do it. next few steps will be to get some parts for the clutch,main gear and get another frame. i just started this project so far all i got done is getting the main flybarless rotor head rebuilt. checked the main mast by putting it in my lathe and spinning it up to make sure it was not bent. i know its a new mast out of the package but just want to make sure before i started hanging new parts on it.

Name:	P1010241.JPG
Views:	676
Size:	3.76 MB
ID:	1991236  
Old 05-01-2014, 07:47 AM
Zor
Banned

Default Thanks for picture of head assembly

ya not sure why someone disassembled the whole thing after they wrecked it like that for.
ya i have the assembly manual for it. matter of fact have 2. one for the flybar version and the other one is for the flybarless version. my assembly manuals are adding up lol. i always keep them that way i can use them as a reference if i need to. far as hardware go ya got plenty. far as the frames they are junk in the pictures. there cracked some places, broken all the way through,pieces missing. i rather do it right and just get another one as i can afford to do it. next few steps will be to get some parts for the clutch,main gear and get another frame. i just started this project so far all i got done is getting the main flybarless rotor head rebuilt. checked the main mast by putting it in my lathe and spinning it up to make sure it was not bent. i know its a new mast out of the package but just want to make sure before i started hanging new parts on it.

flyingjmerritt,

I do not see many other postings but be assured that I am very interested in your progress as you may post more pictures as you progress.

I am one fellow that has always been more interested in the building and modifications of model airplanes over the years. I see in your picture of parts the swashplate at top center of your picture.

Of course I do not wish you to go out of your way to post pictures just for me. I wish that others would pop in. At least you know that there is one here very interested to follow your progress and express encouragement for your nice work.

Some fellows are urging me to go and fly my newly acquired BLADE 300 X instead of pursuing my studies. It will happen in due time. When I fly it I will have a good idea of what I am playing with; how it works and what I can expect. My flying will be also a study of how it responds and why it acts the way it does. I will understand my pilot errors and have a fair idea how to correct them. It will be similar to my pursuit of radio control for airplane models years ago when I was experimenting with my own home built radios.

Again thanks for your responses.

Keep it up.

Zor
Old 05-01-2014, 01:50 PM
flyingjmerritt

if it was me i would just go at my pace where you feel most comfortable doing. learn at your own pace and don't let people rush you faster than what you're able to do. when you get rushed thats when you start making mistakes. personally if you want to study the helicopter how it works i think thats cool. i don't see no harm in that i did the same thing originally when i started out. heck building the helicopter/fixing is half the fun to me. i say fly your blade 300x when you're ready to.

far as my helicopter project go's i started my own post. its under the flybarless section titled align t-rex 600n project. i just got paid today so i'm getting ready to order some frame and clutch parts for it. so i can move forward with the project i will post new pictures once i get all the parts to build the frame with here shortly this week hopefully.
Old 05-02-2014, 07:29 PM
Zor
Banned

Default Getting ready for crashes . . . L O L

if it was me i would just go at my pace where you feel most comfortable doing. learn at your own pace and don't let people rush you faster than what you're able to do. when you get rushed thats when you start making mistakes. personally if you want to study the helicopter how it works i think thats cool. i don't see no harm in that i did the same thing originally when i started out. heck building the helicopter/fixing is half the fun to me. i say fly your blade 300x when you're ready to.

far as my helicopter project go's i started my own post. its under the flybarless section titled align t-rex 600n project. i just got paid today so i'm getting ready to order some frame and clutch parts for it. so i can move forward with the project i will post new pictures once i get all the parts to build the frame with here shortly this week hopefully.
Hi flyingjmerritt and all,

I got another bunch of spare parts _ _ _
2 main gears,
2 belt drive pulleys,
1 main gear metal mount not likely to get damaged,
2 belts,
1 set of follower linkages ( pre-assembled four pieces and screws )
1 swashplate assembly.

I now have enough spares to completely rebuild the main drive from the motor pinion to the main blades.

I now know exactly how this swashplate assembly is built and also know that there is no lubrication on ( in ) a new part anymore than there was in the complete helicopter.

This might be debatable as someone at the LHS said oiling will attract dust. That may be true but whether I am correct or wrong I prefer to see oily dust on the fast reving bearings ( thousands of rpm ) than just dry metal on dry metal. My manual on NSK Rolliong Bearings recommend proper lubrication on any bearings.

It is up to the heli owner to decide what they wish to do. As I previously mentioned I went for lubrication and noticed a big difference in the sounds and smoothness of running.

Now _ _ _ soon for the crashes if only it can stop raining and gusting to over 50 Kmh ( 31.25 mph ). I am in no rush anyway . . . just enjoying what I am doing.

Hope you have your enjoyment also.

Zor

Name:	R 100_6971.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	1992037  

Last edited by Zor; 05-02-2014 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Reformatted and corrected typos
Old 05-02-2014, 07:51 PM
flyingjmerritt

good deal! i need to get some of those parts for my blade 400 lol. but will have to wait till next time i get payed. i'm all wiped out after buying all the frame parts for my t-rex 600N.
yes i'm rebuilding 2 helicopters at the same time. some i will be keeping and some i will sell lol.
Old 05-03-2014, 12:13 AM
Zor
Banned

Default Somethng in common

good deal! i need to get some of those parts for my blade 400 lol. but will have to wait till next time i get payed. i'm all wiped out after buying all the frame parts for my t-rex 600N.
yes i'm rebuilding 2 helicopters at the same time. some i will be keeping and some i will sell lol.
flyingjmerritt,

We both like to put things together; make assemblies; make modifications, play with small tools and small parts.

Another thing we have in common is the wait for the next month small revenue and the small amount we can afford for the hobby.

I cannot chase from my mind the idea of making two blocks of foam, carving the inside to fit and mount on the existing structure then carving the outside to a fuselage shape and painting it with water based acrylic paint. I am estimatng the weight of such a fuselage would be only a few grams. The two parts joined on a vertical plane could just pull apart for maintenance work. Of course provision would be made for cooling the inside components.

For me these helis do not look like helicopters. It would not have to be a replica of an existing fullsize chopper but it would have some self designed appearance. I think it is a worthwhile challenge.

This evening I tested the operation and all looks very good. The heading hold is excellent and the servos action looks fine also including the directions of response of the controls and the reaction of the stabilizing system of the receiver. I feel my inquisition in the receiver AR7200BX is now pretty good.

When we have some decent weather I may ask a friend that I know to be a good heli pilot to test it and help me _ _ _ to crash it _ _ _ . . . . . . .

Zor
Old 05-03-2014, 03:33 PM
flyingjmerritt

not sure of your helicopter skills. but as a suggestion if you're new to helicopters i would get a flight simulator to learn on like real flight or something similar. if nothing else least to learn the basics like hovering,autorotations and such. save you some money in the long run so you don't wreck your helicopter as often. i still have my real flight simulator i still use mine like in the winter to stay in practice and such and maneuvers stuff like that. that way when your ready to fly your real r/c helicopter you least know the basics. just a thought.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.